Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 09:37 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
The original band of protestors intended for it to remain "peaceful", which proves them to be as stupid as the rioters that joined. What did they think would happen???? The protestors feed the anarchists, which has happened time and time before.

And even the so-called peaceful ones affected lives in so many ways that they never considered: Emergency responses, people scrambling to pick up their children from daycare, damaging property and harming businesses. All that does is trigger anger and contention in the rest of us, which withdraws from their cause. Yes, they are all a bunch of crying babies.

And if someone dies because an ambulance couldn't reach ER on time, how does that person's loved ones prosecute a mass of crazy people???

I voted for Trump, but there have been many elections when the results didn't go my way - and I survived, by the way - and I would NEVER support such vile, imbecile behavior. There is NO supporting this garbage!
Portland was the only violent protest in the country. It's not stupid to think we can have peaceful protests as we have them regularly. May I ask you if you have ever stepped foot into a big city. In NYC, which, you know is pretty big, peaceful protests are common. Maybe some small town anarchists get all excited. And you know get violent. Kind of like every Trump rally.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Of course, the best way to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong is to interfere with whatever it is that the other party is working on. Do your best to set them up for failure so you can show that you are the only one who knows the true path.

All the special little snow flakes have short attention spans, so they will get bored and go home soon.

Although it is hard to understand why destroying 18 brand new cars didn't get them their own way. It's not politically correct to not give them their own way.
The snowflakes are going to bring a huge storm! Impeachment and obstruction. Sound familiar? Why do you care about our protests in Portland Metro when you live out in rural Oregon? I thought you liked living out there so you can avoid all the big city problems. You should be happy. Why are you complaining on city data? Seriously, have a drink and enjoy yourself.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:50 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
I would spend a lot of time protesting, unemployed, or in jail if I responded to every election that didn't go the way I vote.

In over 40 yrs, I have never had a winning candidate (including this yr). I did get ONE state rep I voted for this trip to the polls!

Old 11-11-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I would spend a lot of time protesting, unemployed, or in jail if I responded to every election that didn't go the way I vote.

In over 40 yrs, I have never had a winning candidate (including this yr). I did get ONE state rep I voted for this trip to the polls!
You don't understand what this election means to the majority of this country, CLEARLY. It's going to be a long four years. The sleeping giant is awake. I got too comfortable. Not anymore thanks to the Trump supporters and their leader. I should say, "thank you". Now get ready for Oregon to get darker blue.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:04 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,000,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
I am a suburban stay at home who is pretty rational, I would say. The fact that the majority of he country didn't vote for Trump has brought every bit of anger in me and everyone like me. Protests, calls for impeachment, obstruction is on its way. Get ready to sit in traffic.
I think you really need to educated yourself on our election process, in this country the POTUS is not elected by popular vote, and there is a good reason for this. If you look at election map of the U.S. by county, you will see a sea of red with only a few areas of blue. Just look at the county votes in Oregon, by county the state is overwhelmed by red but the state voted blue.

I'm not a fan of Hillary or Trump, but Trump won the election and he deserves the respect that office affords him, I would be saying that same thing about Hillary if she had won.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:06 AM

10,065 posts, read 7,234,324 times
People get angry sometimes. Trump is a guy that excels at riling others up.

He has not even done anything. Wait until he actually does something.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I think you really need to educated yourself on our election process, in this country the POTUS is not elected by popular vote, and there is a good reason for this. If you look at election map of the U.S. by county, you will see a sea of red with only a few areas of blue. Just look at the county votes in Oregon, by county the state is overwhelmed by red but the state voted blue.

I'm not a fan of Hillary or Trump, but Trump won the election and he deserves the respect that office affords him, I would be saying that same thing about Hillary if she had won.
You are so seeet for educating me. It's time to rid ourselves of the electoral college. Let the people speak and decide. Our election shouldn't be decided by a handful of states especially Florida OR the rust belt. Please. The red states need to get rid of their sense of entitlement.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
People get angry sometimes. Trump is a guy that excels at riling others up.

He has not even done anything. Wait until he actually does something.
Trump is full of hate. Trump is also full of BS and his supporters are going to start crying soon when they realize they have been duped. He won't bring jobs to the rust belt, he won't successfully deport every single "illegal", and without "illegals" who will actually build a wall? White people are going to dig dirt at the border for seven bucks an hour? Sure. Trump is applauded by Wall Steeet. Trump supporters will be protesting soon.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:21 AM

149 posts, read 181,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Trump is full of hate. Trump is also full of BS and his supporters are going to start crying soon when they realize they have been duped. He won't bring jobs to the rust belt, he won't successfully deport every single "illegal", and without "illegals" who will actually build a wall? White people are going to dig dirt at the border for seven bucks an hour? Sure. Trump is applauded by Wall Steeet. Trump supporters will be protesting soon.
I'm sorry but my thread is about the actions of the protesters in Portland. Please go make your political arguments elsewhere so the mods don't close the thread, because of you going off topic.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisinet View Post
I'm sorry but my thread is about the actions of the protesters in Portland. Please go make your political arguments elsewhere so the mods don't close the thread, because of you going off topic.
This is why people are protesting. Do you think people with children and professional careers are out protesting because they don't have a reason? The reason(s) is hate is being protested. Deal with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland