Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 08:27 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
The march was YUGE and had families, old people, young adults, teens, and it was PEACEFUL!
It was great! We are ready to mobilize and make changes which is inspiring!

BTW, the Portland police officers in front of the Police station were wearing flowers and PINK hats and were posing for pictures. They made a real statement and kept us safe! Awesome!
I'm delighted to hear that it was such a great experience.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:51 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
I listen to the police scanner. A couple of Officers were flummoxed as to how to get through the crowd. Other Officers said to just drive slow and turn on your lights and the walkers will step aside. It worked!

Old 01-21-2017, 11:02 PM

846 posts, read 609,948 times
Lets talk Truth about these woman marches.

One of the of 4 organizers of the womanś march in DC is Linda Sarsour, a “Palestinian Muslim activist,”. She is a strong proponent of Islamic “Sharia Law” that oppresses women, and has also been linked to the terrorist group Hamas, and radical Muslim pressure group CAIR, which also has been targeted for its terrorist connections. Sarsour is very vocal about her utter hatred for Israel.

Whoops! Still feeling proud?

Old 01-21-2017, 11:21 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Lets talk Truth about these woman marches.

One of the of 4 organizers of the womanś march in DC is Linda Sarsour, a “Palestinian Muslim activist,”. She is a strong proponent of Islamic “Sharia Law” that oppresses women, and has also been linked to the terrorist group Hamas, and radical Muslim pressure group CAIR, which also has been targeted for its terrorist connections. Sarsour is very vocal about her utter hatred for Israel.

Whoops! Still feeling proud?
Well, we don't have any of that from a reliable source yet, so I'll reserve judgment. I do know that the fear card is always the default and reflex response to discredit anything positive, and that truth doesn't matter to the woman-haters, so I'm going to assume that's off fake/manipulative news until proven otherwise.

If you can blame the average Palestinian person for hating Israel, then you have no perspective at all. Unless you're seriously going to tell me that you'd welcome other people coming into your country and grabbing all the good land, some of which happened to be yours, and that you'd welcome your overlords.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:47 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
Again, I will add that the Portland Police tweeted the Women's March was the biggest in Portland ever and 100% non-violent. It was a great day and I hope some of you who didn't get to go will check out pictures/ videos online to see what really happened today.

I won't respond to posters who are trying to have online arguments as being with people in real life is so much more important than going in circles with strangers on public forums. It's so exhausting and pointless.
The March was awesome and I go to bed inspired.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:55 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,661 times
Here's the Portland Police Twitter. It has pictures of officers in the pink hats with kitty ears for the women's march. Also the tweet I mentioned earlier about it being the largest march and 100% peaceful. That was posted 10 hours ago from the time I'm posting this now. It's a fun twitter feed to look through today.

https://twitter.com/portlandpolice

Old 01-22-2017, 06:01 AM

846 posts, read 609,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Well, we don't have any of that from a reliable source yet, so I'll reserve judgment. I do know that the fear card is always the default and reflex response to discredit anything positive, and that truth doesn't matter to the woman-haters, so I'm going to assume that's off fake/manipulative news until proven otherwise.

If you can blame the average Palestinian person for hating Israel, then you have no perspective at all. Unless you're seriously going to tell me that you'd welcome other people coming into your country and grabbing all the good land, some of which happened to be yours, and that you'd welcome your overlords.
Lol! I merely pointing out the hypocrisy that women are being led by person of that associates with terrorist groups. And btw, who are the REAL woman haters? The ones who try to protect and defend preborn and post born FEMALES or the ones who want to to destroy these girls and sell their body parts for profit?

Old 01-22-2017, 08:26 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Lol! I merely pointing out the hypocrisy that women are being led by person of that associates with terrorist groups. And btw, who are the REAL woman haters? The ones who try to protect and defend preborn and post born FEMALES or the ones who want to to destroy these girls and sell their body parts for profit?
Does your medical insurance cover counseling for disconnection from reality? I hope so.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:08 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
I wonder if Portland and Seattle which have problems with marches going violent should study The Women's March that just took place to determine why it was violence-free. Something may be learned from this.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:15 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I wonder if Portland and Seattle which have problems with marches going violent should study The Women's March that just took place to determine why it was violence-free. Something may be learned from this.
First off...
There were grandmothers in wheelchairs, small children, and women like myself who say, "please and thank you". This was a march with a point of view and women from all walks of life were there. This was the most diverse Portland event I have witnessed and I DID see some of the hoodie anarchists lingering around but there was no way any of them was going to start crap with toddlers and grannies around. Women organized this march and OWNED it. It was awesome. The police and the community were united. It was pretty amazing. Every friend of mine in different parts of the country went to a Women's March in their city and been saying the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland