Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 07:30 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,853,056 times

Advertisements

My concern is my flourishing garden while Im at work- tomatoes, eggplants, cucumbers, squash, sugar snap peas (these definitely don't do well in heat), arugula, collards, kale, mint, oregano, basil and various flowers....

I will be able to water in the evenings, hope that is enough (the tomatoes in particular are loaded with fruit)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 09:45 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,882,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Hot weather Portland...(35+ yrs w/o AC in car or house)
  • head to coast
  • head to mtns
if stuck in town;
  1. Get a fan,, (or compact AC BEFORE they are GONE (sold out first day of high heat)
  2. shade (concert in the park)
  3. Pools / fountains
  4. rivers
  5. Library
  6. Happy Hours
  7. Malls
  8. museums (I like the PAM library)
  9. Free classes / events at PSU
  10. visit a hospital (before you need one... lobby reading...)
Lobby reading... never thought of that but brilliant!

Old 08-01-2017, 09:26 PM

102 posts, read 89,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Lobby reading... never thought of that but brilliant!
Another thing is visiting the cafe of the hospital and taking your laptop or iPad. I use to do that at the Clackamas Kaiser hospital, spent the entire day on the laptop and if I was hungry I just buy a sandwich.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:17 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,882,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonBear View Post
Another thing is visiting the cafe of the hospital and taking your laptop or iPad. I use to do that at the Clackamas Kaiser hospital, spent the entire day on the laptop and if I was hungry I just buy a sandwich.
Great ideas! I know many young people who live in apartments without AC so I will pass along this info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: