Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 06:29 PM

3,065 posts, read 1,678,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
He wasn't a right wing extremist, he was a Bernie Sanders supporter who apparently disliked all religions.
It's very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 08:38 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,867,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
It's very true.
I cannot believe you guys. Seriously. Sorry 1950 is gone forever- just give up already.

Jeremy Christian (the Max train murderer) was frequently at PATRIOT PRAYER events and pro TRUMP rallies. A real Bernie Trump supporter- not even, he did not even remotely come close to what Bernie Saunders stands for- putting that on his Facebook page that was to provoke people and he was clear about that-

Jeremy Christian's vocabulary and related ideas, explained | OregonLive.com

Portland, thank god is not a hot bed of ALT RIGHT activism, because that s***** is truly violent.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:11 PM

5,455 posts, read 8,168,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
I cannot believe you guys. Seriously. Sorry 1950 is gone forever- just give up already.

Jeremy Christian (the Max train murderer) was frequently at [b]PATRIOT PRAYER events .......
Here he is being kicked out of a patriot prayer event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Can4b5XRkxI

Old 01-20-2018, 09:23 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,554,439 times
He was a violent racist evidently trying to join the patriot prayer group, maybe told to move on.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:36 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,431,197 times
Quote:

Jeremy Christian (the Max train murderer) was frequently at PATRIOT PRAYER events and pro TRUMP rallies. A real Bernie Trump supporter- not even, he did not even remotely come close to what Bernie Saunders stands for- putting that on his Facebook page that was to provoke people and he was clear about that-

Portland, thank god is not a hot bed of ALT RIGHT activism, because that s***** is truly violent.
1950’s? What in the world do the 1950’s have to do with anything? Is that a typo?

Anyway, if you follow the history of that madman, you will see he claimed to follow just about every ideology under the sun from ultra liberal to ultra conservative at any given time.

His attack was a hate crime committed by a totally deranged person.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:33 AM

2,658 posts, read 3,854,752 times
Quote:
Are you trying to compare the vicious stabbing of three men by a right wing extremist to the above?
There is just No contest there- and the right winger was harassing two 16 year old girls simply riding home on a train.

Lets be honest, and real about the definition of "atrocity" (murder of 2 citizens, near murder of a third, harassing and threatening children.)

Why do you always want to attribute madmen to groups you don't like but conveniently ignore the madmen that may be parts of groups you do like?

No side has a monopoly on insanity. In fact, insanity seems to be pretty common these days amongst all types of groups/people.

To ignore that reality - weakens one's position.

Just once it would be nice to hear a D or R leader (be an official leader of just a sideshow leader) actually acknowledge the reality that not everyone who supports their cause is worthy of sainthood and not everyone on the other side should burn in hell.

Most of what occurs in Portland btw is a sideshow.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:08 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,431,197 times
Quote:

Quoting one source to suit one’s purpose doesn’t make it so. Neither does quoting two. But it can show that there is neither can be taken as the absolute true story. This one shows him to be a Bernie supporter.

Still waiting for an explanation of the 1950’s comment.

https://medium.com/@JasonTLouis/port...r-e8a7938405c7

Old 01-21-2018, 04:28 PM

44 posts, read 35,865 times
OK, well, the Medium isn't that great of a source. Anyone can write for the Medium. This is how the person who wrote this particular article describes himself:

Quote:
Jason
I’m not a journalist or a professional writer but I like to write stuff sometimes. I’m a tech guy and I repair computers and servers.
I tried to read it but honestly wasn't in the mood for the extreme obscenities on the page.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
1950’s? What in the world do the 1950’s have to do with anything? Is that a typo?

Anyway, if you follow the history of that madman, you will see he claimed to follow just about every ideology under the sun from ultra liberal to ultra conservative at any given time.

His attack was a hate crime committed by a totally deranged person.
The environment we are in these days promotes his kind of "Activism"-

and not to you specifically Minervah, but the PATRIOT PRAYER folks have disrupted at least 2 that I know of church services in my NEIGHBORHOOD in predominately Spanish/ immigrant communities ...

so yeah I can see how Jeremy Christian thought he would be welcome there

Old 01-21-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Why do you always want to attribute madmen to groups you don't like but conveniently ignore the madmen that may be parts of groups you do like?

No side has a monopoly on insanity. In fact, insanity seems to be pretty common these days amongst all types of groups/people.

To ignore that reality - weakens one's position.

Just once it would be nice to hear a D or R leader (be an official leader of just a sideshow leader) actually acknowledge the reality that not everyone who supports their cause is worthy of sainthood and not everyone on the other side should burn in hell.

Most of what occurs in Portland btw is a sideshow.
reality? the reality is that modern day Nazism feels at home with the RIGHT wing not the left- are you gonna say I am wrong?

Thank GOD most of Portland is still SANE.

Oh btw a lot of us don't believe in Hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland