Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 02:16 PM

23 posts, read 37,928 times

Advertisements

I am glad you enjoyed Oregon so much! Housing is priced a lot differently than California...Rent is going way up, so owning a home would be much more beneficial for you if you were ever thinking of moving here! Portland...living in PDX you are surrounded my amazing food(We were just named number 1 foodie city in the U.S), great local beers and drinks, and the atmosphere..there is nothing like it!

~ Tailor J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 02:24 PM

23 posts, read 37,928 times
I couldn't be more ready for some sunshine.. A lot of people moving here do not understand the 9 months of rain we have here. It can really get the mood down and the people of Oregon in sour moods.. I love Oregon and have lived here for over 15 years BUT when the sun comes out... there are no complaints here!

Thank you for the positive post!

Old 09-25-2016, 07:30 PM

393 posts, read 359,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Great photos guys/gals,

I'm glad to see this thread I started ~4 years ago still alive. With such a beautful place how can you lose right? I recently returned for a another Spring visit. Wow, I'm always blown away with all the multiple shades of green!!! Here are some recent shots.

Thanks for posting and keep 'em coming!

Derek
These are beautiful. I live in Miami Beach which has its' own beauty, but lived in Denver for a long time. In the last year, after visiting UT I realized how much I miss the mountains and being able to hike, at will. There is hiking here but it is sort of icky, have to go to GA to get mountains. I have been contemplating a move within the next few years and may or may not bite the bullet, but I will certainly be coming out to hit some trails.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:37 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,723,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicturtle View Post
These are beautiful. I live in Miami Beach which has its' own beauty, but lived in Denver for a long time. In the last year, after visiting UT I realized how much I miss the mountains and being able to hike, at will. There is hiking here but it is sort of icky, have to go to GA to get mountains. I have been contemplating a move within the next few years and may or may not bite the bullet, but I will certainly be coming out to hit some trails.
I was just in Miami Beach in the summer scouting it out for a possible move. However, I love hiking (maybe not as much as the ocean) and wonder if I will miss being near the mountains if we move. I also like living in a green environment. Oregon seems like a nice alternative, but I hear a lot about the nine months of cloudiness(?) that gives me pause.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:11 PM

12,829 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Great pic guys!

Old 05-16-2017, 01:20 PM

36 posts, read 37,667 times
WHAT! No photo's of the beautiful Oregon spring, and it is beautiful!
Nobody can drag themselves to the Rhododendron Gardens? The Rose Gardens. The HUNDREDS of sites of blooming flowers and trees? Sauvie Island?? NOTHING?
Jeez, all of you SAY you love the outdoors so much, seems like some of you might have cameras??

Old 05-16-2017, 03:07 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,132 times
Why don't you contribute some photos of the time that you supposedly lived here in Oregon?

I'm sure you had a camera then too...............

Old 05-16-2017, 04:49 PM

36 posts, read 37,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Why don't you contribute some photos of the time that you supposedly lived here in Oregon?

I'm sure you had a camera then too...............
God what a nut. Really, you a nut. Get off my case.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:36 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,216,608 times
Some Portland pictures in this post.

//www.city-data.com/forum/49216438-post424.html

Old 10-29-2017, 09:18 AM

7 posts, read 10,426 times
The sunset on my drive home from work. A completely unedited photo; never have I seen such a colored sky. Photo taken on hwy 205.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome to the Portland Forum -- Photos Only-fb_img_1509290138168.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland