Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 04:24 PM

482 posts, read 419,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Antifa are a bunch of kittens compared to actual threats like the Weathermen. They have not killed a single person in 5 years of being prominent.
They killed three in CHAP/CHOP when that was a thing....

Maybe they aren't as "powerful" as the Weathermen...yet. Does that mean they should stay unchecked?

Old 07-18-2020, 04:38 PM

289 posts, read 311,713 times
Just wait for ONE significant incident in retaliation from a far-right affiliated individual and it will cancel out every violent act committed so far by these animals in the eyes of the MSM and their devoted followers. Not defending the idiot who commits this act in this scenario. Simply stating the obvious and de facto response from our politically slanted and divisive media outlets. But at this point I don't think it holds as much weight. People are waking up and not tolerating the abuse to the extent they did before now that they've dramatically upped the pressure and forced their presence to an incredibly obnoxious level.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:51 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,183,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane M View Post
While I don't condone the tactics of the DHS the Anti-fa ARE a threat. They are a threat to public safety, they are a threat to national unity and they are a threat to any logical discussion about changes to our local and national policies. The Anti-fa are ignorant, immature bullies who want to disrupt the social matrix at any cost to them or it's citizens.

It appears you misspelled Trump.

Old 07-18-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
It appears you misspelled Trump.
How does it feel to support communism? Since you are defending antifa with your comment, right?

Old 07-18-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
How does it feel to support communism? Since you are defending antifa with your comment, right?
I'm pretty sure you have no idea what communism actually is. And how does it feel to support facism? Or just to support an immature man-child who can't understand logic, facts or science? I can tell you I feel great being an intelligent human being who can see through all his B.S.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:00 PM

289 posts, read 311,713 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you have no idea what communism actually is. And how does it feel to support facism? Or just to support an immature man-child who can't understand logic, facts or science? I can tell you I feel great being an intelligent human being who can see through all his B.S.
Our Constitution and form of government doesn't support fascism through checks and balances. How can a president act in this manner? Wouldn't you think it's the ones like the protesters and rioters using physical actions to suppress free speech who would be acting as the fascists? Seems elementary to construe Trump acting bombastically as being fascist. Heck, the MSM have more power over the people than Trump.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceyhot View Post
Our Constitution and form of government doesn't support fascism through checks and balances. How can a president act in this manner? Wouldn't you think it's the ones like the protesters and rioters using physical actions to suppress free speech who would be acting as the fascists? Seems elementary to construe Trump acting bombastically as being fascist. Heck, the MSM have more power over the people than Trump.

How can he act in this manner? Well, in Portland he ordered anonymous federal officials to disappear people in unmarked civilian vehicles like they did in South American dictatorships in the 70's and 80's.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
There is a very high likelihood that I am older than you, so I do remember what Communism is. I know it is the most murderous regime in the history of mankind, killing hundreds of millions. I remember seeing the breadlines in the former USSR, the missiles aimed at us on Cuban shores, and protesters being run over by tanks in China.

On a post discussing the damage being caused by a pro-Communist like antifa, for you in insert your snarky comment is more telling about you than you know.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
How can he act in this manner? Well, in Portland he ordered anonymous federal officials to disappear people in unmarked civilian vehicles like they did in South American dictatorships in the 70's and 80's.
Reading Vox again?

Old 07-18-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
There is a very high likelihood that I am older than you, so I do remember what Communism is. I know it is the most murderous regime in the history of mankind, killing hundreds of millions. I remember seeing the breadlines in the former USSR, the missiles aimed at us on Cuban shores, and protesters being run over by tanks in China.

On a post discussing the damage being caused by a pro-Communist like antifa, for you in insert your snarky comment is more telling about you than you know.
Um, no. Communism is simply an economic system that centralizes control of the economy in the state. All the stuff you mentioned is just a dictatorship/totalitarian regime.

And our president is now sending federal troops to attack innocent civilians, in a manner similar to what you've described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland