Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 03:39 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,966 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/us/protester...-declared-riot

Protesters in Portland, Ore., reportedly started a bonfire underneath the historic Elk statue near the federal courthouse Wednesday night and ripped off wood boards protecting the building's windows to use for firewood and barricades.

Protesters threw water bottles and other projectiles as police fired pepper balls and at least one flash-bang at protesters in front of the courthouse, according to freelance reporter Sergio Olmos.

Demonstrators also reportedly set off fireworks in the direction of the Multnomah County Justice Center. ...

When is this s*** gonna stop? These riots have nothing to do with racism. They've run out of Confederate statutes, so now they're destroying anything that's left. These mobs simply enjoy a fun riot.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:23 AM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
The gospel according to Gov. Kate Brown. Rioters are destroying things, endangering people, and so on, but the police are bad guys because of the tactics they use to try to stop them. You can't make this stuff up.

"Gov. Kate Brown on Friday urged the Portland Police Bureau to de-escalate nightly tensions with a group of protesters that she said have “repeatedly taken to the streets with the intent to destroy property.”

While she noted that “this group has repeatedly lit fires, thrown rocks, bottles, fireworks and other objects and have put the safety of others at risk,” Brown said the police response has gone too far."

The whole story: https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...-violence.html

Old 07-04-2020, 11:30 AM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Hmm, guess all brains of wannabe SJWs are not created equal...

I get it. There was no cause. They just wanted to inflict violence upon a herd of big grazing animals. Couldn't even do that right...expecting a little bonfire to destroy seven thousand pounds of bronze.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:50 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Portland has always had a problem with protesters. Though it would seem the city and many residents don't see it as a problem. Perhaps now they do I don't know. Free Speech is more important or so it seems. When I lived there I just assumed protesting was part of the culture. I spent more time trying to navigate the streets downtown trying to avoid them. Although at times it was difficult to tell who was a protester or who was homeless. My impression was I guess protesters are more important than quality of life, or safety of the residents and visitors downtown.

It is a shame about that Elk Statue. I walked by that area so many times. What has happened to it could have been prevented. Just as how such a beautiful city such as Portland is, it overwhelmed by these problem types over and over again.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:43 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Folks — these are the DEMOCRATS doing this to our country.
The only way to save our country from this crazy anarchy is to stop voting for democrats!!

How many times are we going to have to call in the National Guard to protect our buildings, our citizens, our monuments, and our businesses from the democrats??????!!!

Old 07-05-2020, 11:51 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Portland has always had a problem with protesters. Though it would seem the city and many residents don't see it as a problem. Perhaps now they do I don't know. Free Speech is more important or so it seems

I doubt these protesters care about free speech as a principle.

Free Speech as a principle means everyone has a right to speak and be heard. I doubt these violent Antifa types would respect an opposing rally.

Free Speech has nothing to do with violence, vandalism, or blocking streets or sidewalks (an act of aggression, not speech).

I wish all protestors would hold non-violent rallies, be respectful to passing pedestrians and motorists, and clean up after themselves when their rally is over.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:40 PM

353 posts, read 437,776 times
Rioter's that destroy property are not peaceful.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:10 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,860,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Folks — these are the DEMOCRATS doing this to our country.
The only way to save our country from this crazy anarchy is to stop voting for democrats!!

How many times are we going to have to call in the National Guard to protect our buildings, our citizens, our monuments, and our businesses from the democrats??????!!!
Right on!!

Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Portland, Oakland - the list of Democratic run crap holes is endless and yet the minions keep falling for their fake narrative.

Classic example of the definition of insanity - doing same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:22 PM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
Portland business owners ask the city to please stop the violent downtown protests:
https://www.kgw.com/article/money/bu...a-717f8c71e6f0

Demonstrators block the Burnside Bridge to protest killing in Ethiopia. :
https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...-musician.html

Old 07-07-2020, 08:26 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Right on!!

Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Portland, Oakland - the list of Democratic run crap holes is endless and yet the minions keep falling for their fake narrative.

Classic example of the definition of insanity - doing same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
If I was living in a crap hole, I would pack up and move. You must be a masochist, or maybe you are a closet liberal and you secretly enjoy living in a liberal city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland