Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 12:02 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,573,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Oh, yeah, because the country is doing so great under Republican control.
There is no greater fiscal and safety failure than cities under “progressive” Democrat control. See San Francisco, Chicago, Manhattan, Seattle, Portland. And I don’t belong to any political party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 06:43 PM

2,264 posts, read 970,243 times
What happened to the Wall of Moms? It’s like they just went poof! Were they cancelled for some political infraction?

Last edited by mathlete; 08-26-2020 at 07:57 PM..

Old 08-28-2020, 01:44 AM

4,891 posts, read 2,048,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
What Proud Boys are those? There are endless videos of your sect terrorizing Portland.

The only people buying your ridiculous strawman are... no one. You don't even buy it.

How is something "more violent than they are" when there is endless plain video of it being as violent as I hold it to be?

Portland is "my opponent"?

Portland is a space of political geography.

The groups terrorizing Portland on video, night after night, are everyone's opponent, to include Portland's, and civilization's opponent.

They aren't part of any "community" as they pretend to be. Their local weed network doesn't begin to count. These are malignant, mentally ill terrorists with a political agenda that normal people are not on board with. These people need medication, therapy to inform them of how disordered they are in feeling entitled to such terrorism, and sobriety. They need to join society instead of trying to destroy it.

These Leftist terrorists, and their politicians, have changed our cities for the worse and made many virtually unliveable.

Ask anyone whose been to NYC in the last month, or who lives there. People are fleeing the cities by the thousands because of the Left's terrorism and their demands to reduce the Police forces that their actions are illustrating as entirely necessary. That's undeniable.

The people you support are violent terrorists and deserve to be fitted for head bags. No one is going to have sympathy for them as they terrorize the streets of our cities.

I'd donate to your favorite charity if you know the first thing about research.

All of the video fully illustrates the violent terrorism of your group, and the non-stop distrruption of our cities for vague and invented issues. Research is therefore unecessary, as the proof is in the video.

Argue all that you want. It'll go out into the ether and be ineffective, just as your "protests" and riots are at this point.

They have entirely the opposite effect of their claimed intent, unless the actual intent is merely to intimidate people. Which would qualify as domestic terrorism and which we all know is the point.

The Nation has been watching for months and is utterly fed up. Antifa has lost their PR war for years to come. They have done grave damage to the BLM movement.

Which was always going to be the only result coming from a bunch of drug addled mental cases and barely covert hardcore communists with no penchant for nuance, physical restraint, emotional control, or even logic.

I could poll everyday Americans for weeks if Antifa should be "fitted for head bags", using that exact language, and would get an overwhelmingly majority affirmative response. Antifa terrorist actions are responsible for that response.

So natter on. You've lost, and Antifas direct actions are the reason for that loss and nothing else. Blame others all that you want.

Any quasi-homeless addict dressed in black or kid out for a night of destruction while living with his or her parents has done more to destroy the public opinion for whatever they are antagonizing the public over than any counter-rhetoric ever could.

If they hate democracy and wish to terrorize until they get their result, then they are living in the wrong nation.
So very correct!! One of the best posts in this thread.

Old 08-29-2020, 08:42 AM

10,040 posts, read 14,407,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
What Proud Boys are those? There are endless videos of your sect terrorizing Portland.

The only people buying your ridiculous strawman are... no one. You don't even buy it.

How is something "more violent than they are" when there is endless plain video of it being as violent as I hold it to be?

Portland is "my opponent"?

Portland is a space of political geography.

The groups terrorizing Portland on video, night after night, are everyone's opponent, to include Portland's, and civilization's opponent.

They aren't part of any "community" as they pretend to be. Their local weed network doesn't begin to count. These are malignant, mentally ill terrorists with a political agenda that normal people are not on board with. These people need medication, therapy to inform them of how disordered they are in feeling entitled to such terrorism, and sobriety. They need to join society instead of trying to destroy it.

These Leftist terrorists, and their politicians, have changed our cities for the worse and made many virtually unliveable.

Ask anyone whose been to NYC in the last month, or who lives there. People are fleeing the cities by the thousands because of the Left's terrorism and their demands to reduce the Police forces that their actions are illustrating as entirely necessary. That's undeniable.

The people you support are violent terrorists and deserve to be fitted for head bags. No one is going to have sympathy for them as they terrorize the streets of our cities.

I'd donate to your favorite charity if you know the first thing about research.

All of the video fully illustrates the violent terrorism of your group, and the non-stop distrruption of our cities for vague and invented issues. Research is therefore unecessary, as the proof is in the video.

Argue all that you want. It'll go out into the ether and be ineffective, just as your "protests" and riots are at this point.

They have entirely the opposite effect of their claimed intent, unless the actual intent is merely to intimidate people. Which would qualify as domestic terrorism and which we all know is the point.

The Nation has been watching for months and is utterly fed up. Antifa has lost their PR war for years to come. They have done grave damage to the BLM movement.

Which was always going to be the only result coming from a bunch of drug addled mental cases and barely covert hardcore communists with no penchant for nuance, physical restraint, emotional control, or even logic.

I could poll everyday Americans for weeks if Antifa should be "fitted for head bags", using that exact language, and would get an overwhelmingly majority affirmative response. Antifa terrorist actions are responsible for that response.

So natter on. You've lost, and Antifas direct actions are the reason for that loss and nothing else. Blame others all that you want.

Any quasi-homeless addict dressed in black or kid out for a night of destruction while living with his or her parents has done more to destroy the public opinion for whatever they are antagonizing the public over than any counter-rhetoric ever could.

If they hate democracy and wish to terrorize until they get their result, then they are living in the wrong nation.
Phenomenal post and spot-on!

The ANTIFAs have destroyed the BLM movement, and to the public, they are now practically one in the same.

As the clock ticks on, these violent protests and riots are losing relevance and folks are fed up--both sides of the political aisle.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:37 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,724,248 times
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...umerous-people

This is really scary. It’s really hard to believe what’s happening in Portland right now.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:32 AM

515 posts, read 252,354 times
One dead in Portland after last night, a shooting...

Since I'm not from Portland or Oregon, I'm not gonna comment (not my city), but no one had posted this in the thread...

https://apnews.com/6706c916dc6a156b9847baca437a91de

Old 08-30-2020, 12:50 PM

9,519 posts, read 16,496,228 times
I'm surprised this violent level of protesting took this long to happen. A city that has constantly allowed people to take over streets and bridges to Protests for years. Well what the hell do people expect eventually will happen. Now will happen. The whole foolish mess is the result of nutcases and segments of the population condoning the arrogance of Portland for decades.

What I really wonder is why the local citizens and the state Govt is allowing this to continue. Thousands of locals should be hounding the mayor and Salem to deal with this mess now. Otherwise the Federal Govt should completely intervene. Maybe it's time to give Portland as well as Salem politicians and ultimatum. That American cities and the states they are in, do not get to operate as Portland feels it can. The Mayor needs to be removed from office that is obvious. I'm not sure about the Governor. Is she just as bad? Either way I don't get why the local citizens keep tolerating this crap. What is everyone waiting for the death toll to go sky-high. U hate to think what else could happen there.

At this point Portland looks like a completely broken mess. A city where law abiding citizens are controlled by thugs. Very very sad that Portlanders are not demanding a stop to this now.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:32 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,164,155 times
I am watching the press conference about the killing with Ted Wheeler, the police chief and the D.A.

Wheeler is spending much, close to half, of his time attacking President Trump and blaming him for the violence.

Chief Lovell is the most sensible one.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:38 PM

10,055 posts, read 7,224,532 times
First, we don't know yet who the shooter was.

Second, why do the "Prayer Patriots," "Proud Boys," etc..
feel the need to go to Portland for their events? My sense is they want a confrontation, and they got what they wanted this time.

Last edited by redguard57; 08-30-2020 at 03:34 PM..

Old 08-30-2020, 03:44 PM

1,066 posts, read 890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I am watching the press conference about the killing with Ted Wheeler, the police chief and the D.A.

Wheeler is spending much, close to half, of his time attacking President Trump and blaming him for the violence.

Chief Lovell is the most sensible one.
Here's the press conference on the killing during the protests so that people can judge for themselves.

https://www.koin.com/news/protests/w...adly-shooting/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland