Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 03:37 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,710,559 times

Advertisements

Sorry I could not find on there website the time schedule. I need to know how early and how late trimet runs so I know what hours I can work for my job hunt. I am planning to move to portland next moth and might have found a place in Milwaukie. I can fid route map and such, just not times of operations. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 08:58 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,485,346 times
1-Go to this link:
TriMet: Maps and Schedules

2- In your browser, open in a new tab the link to the interactive system map.
(TriMet Interactive Map)

3- Search the map for the location you want, zoom several times until the small bus symbols appear and click on the bus symbol to find which bus lines stop close by.

4 - switch back to the other browser tab. From the drop down box, select the bus line from previous step. and click the Go button. For example, Bus line 29 runs from Milwaukie's transit center (kind of a park and ride) to Clackamas.

5 - In the linked web page about the center, top of the frame, is a heading Schedule. The bus line runs only Monday - Friday and click on one of the two links: to Clackamas Town Center or to Milwaukie TC

6 - When the schedule web page opens, you will find that specific bus line is a commuter's rush hour bus line that only runs once an hour M-F about 6:00 am to about 7 or 8 pm.

7 - Now hit the back button on your browser and try the drop down menu for bus line 75 which runs from Lombard ave in St. Johns area to Milwaukie Transit Center. This is a frequent service line 7 days a week, from about 5:00 am till about 1:30 or 2:00am late at night.

Each bus line is slightly different. Some bus lines run past bar closing time and run every 15 minutes or so (very high volume riders on those lines.) Some only run one or two times past end of swing shift. Other lines run less often and only run during 1st shift rush hour.

This is the "no-brainer" part: Apartment rent real close to "frequent service" bus lines or close to light rail stations, are more expensive than apartments that are minor hikes to a rush hour only bus line.

Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland