Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 12:08 PM

319 posts, read 604,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I haven't offered any advice Isotope. I have simply observed that single adults find fault with their dating options. Forever.
I'd love to understand what the above means. First off, the entire thread is about dating. You are married. You haven't been single in years, and none of it in Portland. I know that any time that I've been around married, life-partner, or long term relationship individuals that the discussion of dating options is never a discussion that lasts more than 15 seconds. None of it would be a discussion of fault with dating options. I suppose if I were living there again, I *still* wouldn't complain, since I know now that you have to look for the cheaters or women who already have boyfriends.

I guess I would complain if I couldn't find any women who were down with my new addiction: Kitten Huffing.

Kitten Huffing - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

Quote:
I haven't yet seen evidence that I am wrong. The world isn't either black and white. It isn't either fugly or beautiful. It isn't either dumb broad or intellectual giant.
I suspect that confronted with ample evidence, you would still believe that you are not wrong. That is just the impression I get from your forum postings.

Quote:
And with an average amount of searching I found a size 4 that looks like Julie Andrews I wasn't at all sure with what I had to work with that I would be able to pull such a miracle off every week so I married her.
H
Deconstructing this statement suggests to me that your "marriage" is awfully one-sided. I certainly wouldn't want my significant other to have the opinion of "Oh, well, I couldn't do any better, and the amount of effort trying to find someone close to your quality is hard, so we best form a legally binding arrangement in which society says it's A-OK to live together."

Can you feel the love?

Weren't you the one that said that beauty above the neck is over-rated? I always thought Julie was pretty hot...

Quote:
Granted, not in PDX but you haven't been able to do it anywhere. Not that you have to. In fact, it sounds like its for the best that you don't. Because of this thread I did some checking. Yesterday I counted wedding rings. Every woman I looked at had a wedding or engagement ring. I only counted those I had some interaction with at a store or the library, etc.
H
So, as the point I've made in one of the other dating threads, it's fairly rough to be a single male in Portland. Every woman in a day of your observation, had a colorless, mediocre advertising display on their hands broadcasting: "I'm married". I think this is the point. The single women in Portland are rare. It is a BAD place for single males, just by proportions, not even including any basic judgment of physical beauty or insert arbitrary quality here ____.

[and I'm not going to bother posting a separate reply to EnricoV, since you obviously believe that since I live in Chicago now, that my three some years of being single in Portland are null and void]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 04:24 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
I agree in general about most people over 35 being single because they want it that way. Though, I will admit to having a relative who married for the first time in her 60s! And she was happily single for all those years.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:31 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
I agree in general about most people over 35 being single because they want it that way. Though, I will admit to having a relative who married for the first time in her 60s! And she was happily single for all those years.
It is possible. My aunt married a man who was in his 40's. He had never been married before. He not only was a great husband but a wonderful step-dad to her son. Their marriage lasted for about thirty years until he passed away.

Some people just get into it a bit later than most.

On a side note; when I first moved to Portland in the late 70's, women were lamenting that there were six eligible women to every man. From reading this thread, I see things really have changed.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:48 PM

10 posts, read 18,478 times
I found some of this thread super offensive! I grew-up in Portland and will tell you that some of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen are in this city! Saying things like most woman here are 5's and 6's and overweight? where are you hanging out??? I have found that when I left and moved away people always were asking me "why are you wearing a dress?" "you look so good whats the occasion being so dressed up?" haha- When I was in my casual clothes that all my girlfriends back home in Portland also wore...Most girls really have style and take care of themselves I feel- and I think your opinions are all wrong. Maybe your idea of 10 is giant fake boobs and fried skin and falling out over bleached hair...Seriously the only conclusion I can come to! Maybe your just to big of a jerk and the beautiful smart Portland girls have no interest in you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland