Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,440,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
Ok first things first. I wouldnt have expected this much hate EVER for this kind of thread in a Portland room. My god theres atheists all over the place there.
I am not hating of christians.. I just dont choose to practice it and if christians dont push their **** on me, Im fine with them. To see all your reactions just shows. Some guy already tried this but hid a few blocks away from the action. If I were to do it, Id be right across the street.
At least tell me I have balls or something IF I were ever to do it.
I might just go outside with an anti anarcho capitalist sign or something though.
John Shaft.. you're a clown. There is not a damn thing wrong with my structure and how I type. You need counseling. Just take this thread for what it is and dont be a butthurt whiner.
You said nothing about Christians attacking you. Your plans were to attack them without any apparent provaction. Doing this sort of thing does not take balls, it takes hate; hating a certain group of people so much you are willing to make a huge display of your hatred.

The only hate in this "room" is yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorrain View Post
ok first things first. I wouldnt have expected this much hate ever for this kind of thread in a portland room. My god theres atheists all over the place there.
I am not hating of christians.. I just dont choose to practice it and if christians dont push their **** on me, im fine with them. To see all your reactions just shows. Some guy already tried this but hid a few blocks away from the action. If i were to do it, id be right across the street.
At least tell me i have balls or something if i were ever to do it.
I might just go outside with an anti anarcho capitalist sign or something though.
John shaft.. You're a clown. There is not a damn thing wrong with my structure and how i type. You need counseling. Just take this thread for what it is and dont be a butthurt whiner.
rofl!:d

Old 03-01-2010, 10:53 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhbv24 View Post
If you don't like when Christians push their faith on you, why are you doing it to others? Two wrongs don't make a right. And really, if you pick a city, don't pick a city in the Pacific NW, it's the least religious area of the country, and likely all of North America.

I don't like when people push their religion on me either, but I just say "no thanks" and continue my day. You'd only be making yourself look and act like the people against whom you're protesting, and only fuel the fire.

Besidea, in Portland, the "want to save a forest/child/river" people that ask loaded questions are more annoying.

Thats fine with me if there are non religious people there as I consider myself agnostic.
I think the save the forest types are brainwashed in their own little way as well. I find on the whole that if I dont meet the "you're gonna go to hell" type christians, I meet some overall good ones. I tried going to church groups multiple times and just wasnt for me. Anyways about the vegan tree hugger types.. Id even hold a sign up about some of them if I was annoyed by enough of em lol.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:58 PM

25 posts, read 78,740 times
Default What on earth would you do with "thoughts?"

The OP requested thoughts. Well, I think the OP is demonstrating a remarkable but provocative and misguided sense of humor, OR, he/she is a pathetic idiot. I'm betting on the latter. I'm not sure what happened, but ironically, he/she just might personally disprove Darwin. Another setback for science!

Old 03-02-2010, 12:30 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,296,878 times
Quote:
Ok first things first. I wouldnt have expected this much hate EVER for this kind of thread in a Portland room. My god theres atheists all over the place there.
I am not hating of christians.. I just dont choose to practice it and if christians dont push their **** on me, Im fine with them. To see all your reactions just shows. Some guy already tried this but hid a few blocks away from the action. If I were to do it, Id be right across the street.
At least tell me I have balls or something IF I were ever to do it.
John Shaft.. you're a clown. There is not a damn thing wrong with my structure and how I type. You need counseling. Just take this thread for what it is and dont be a butthurt whiner.
One thing you don't know about Portlanders: Except for a pretty open biasness against political conservatives, it's a VERY tolerant city for just about everything else ~ including freedom of religion, despite it's reputation for low church enrollment (which I question, by the way; most people I know here are Christians, if in varying degrees ~ and I know a LOT of people).

I've lived here for 32 years and have never ~ ever! ~ felt that local Christians forced anything on me. I've had Jehova Witnesses at my door, which I don't like, but I don't answer my door without knowing who's there, anyway.

You're new to this area, right? I'd hate to see you blow it and make an enemy of yourself by doing something "un-smart". This would not be in your best interest.

Last edited by Bluesmama; 03-02-2010 at 12:41 AM..

Old 03-02-2010, 09:50 AM

2,318 posts, read 4,623,835 times
If DoctorRain does decide to do a "Jesus sucks" one-man protest, the most likely result is he will just be ignored.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:24 AM

963 posts, read 3,032,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
If DoctorRain does decide to do a "Jesus sucks" one-man protest, the most likely result is he will just be ignored.
But that's not what he's proposing. He wants to do a "Jesus sucks one man protest," whatever that means. Sounds like a protest that requires two people.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:10 AM

2,318 posts, read 4,623,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda-by-the-sea View Post
But that's not what he's proposing. He wants to do a "Jesus sucks one man protest," whatever that means. Sounds like a protest that requires two people.
You're right, Brenda! That might get a few people to look.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:02 PM

60 posts, read 131,992 times
Quote:
Thats fine with me if there are non religious people there as I consider myself agnostic.
I think the save the forest types are brainwashed in their own little way as well. I find on the whole that if I dont meet the "you're gonna go to hell" type christians, I meet some overall good ones. I tried going to church groups multiple times and just wasnt for me. Anyways about the vegan tree hugger types.. Id even hold a sign up about some of them if I was annoyed by enough of em lol.

You're all over the map...you are just looking to pick a fight. I am proud that people on this forum haven't given you what you are looking for. It appears that you have some issues with life that you need to resolve if you have come to a point in life that you need to protest against certain lifestyles or ideological beliefs. Pick up a hobby, a sport, a book – something other than picking a fight – you’ll be happier with yourself and life in general, and won’t be so bothered by those that differ from you.

If you must protest though - please head up to John Day and protest against the Aryan Nation and their attempt to move their headquarters there. Now that is something I think many, if not all of us on this forum would gladly support.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:14 PM

92 posts, read 113,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwaitimthinking View Post
You're all over the map...you are just looking to pick a fight. I am proud that people on this forum haven't given you what you are looking for. It appears that you have some issues with life that you need to resolve if you have come to a point in life that you need to protest against certain lifestyles or ideological beliefs. Pick up a hobby, a sport, a book – something other than picking a fight – you’ll be happier with yourself and life in general, and won’t be so bothered by those that differ from you.

If you must protest though - please head up to John Day and protest against the Aryan Nation and their attempt to move their headquarters there. Now that is something I think many, if not all of us on this forum would gladly support.
I second this emotion. I am so pleased that cooler heads than mine prevail and have addressed this person like adults. Seems to me that there are real issues to be addressed (not just religion) without unnecessarily provoking peaceful people minding their own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: