Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,558 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a mother of three girls and I desperately want a boy. I was researching some things about gender selection and I was wondering if anyone has actually done this process. Could you explain what it is like? And was it worth it to get? I am thinking about having this done.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 04:37 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,774,854 times
Do you mean IVF, or stuff such as when during the cycle to have sex, etc?

Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,545,014 times
You might want to check out http://www.in-gender.com/cs/Forums/ they deal with this.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,386,618 times
My friend had two boys and wanted her third (and final) child to be a girl. She purchased a very poplular book with tips on natural gender selection and followed its recommendation on everything from what to eat when trying to conceive, to what days of your cycle to have sex, to what sexual positions to use. She ended up having a girl, whether by chance or because the recommendations have some merit.

There is a IVF technique used mainly in Asian countries where they separate out the girl sperm from the boy sperm somehow,but I'm not sure if it's available here in the U.S. I saw a segment about it on a news show a while back.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:48 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,300,712 times
My chrystal ball says your son is 6th in line....you need to have 2 more girls first!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:09 AM

593 posts, read 1,316,515 times
There is magical book or magical sexual position that would increase the odds. And the magical word that people always use is, china oh this has been used in china for thousand of years. That doesn't mean it is real.
If this were true how come Chinesse parent used to kill daughters when they wanted a boy?? Since the population control only allows for one child only they did this and a lot especially in the country side.
But there is good news if u have 500 to 800 dollars u can go a fertility clinic and they can do a gender selection.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:33 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,119,992 times
Shettles Method may work for timing. There is nothing foolproof about this and you need to have regular cycles in order for it to be possible.

For IVF, you have to pay for genetic testing on the embryos created and it can cost a pretty penny (I have no idea where the poster above got $500-$800). Then you can put back only the boy embryos if there are any and they develop properly.

IMO, unless you have tons of money to spend, I would not go this route. You're already spending $10,000+ per cycle on IVF (and that may or may not include drugs, it depends on pricing in your local area) and you likely cannot do a shared risk program if you are trying to do gender selection, so you can forget about any discounts. It very well could end up that you have nothing to put back if you are not willing to transfer girl embryos, which means the entire cycle was for nothing. You could donate the excess embryos to other couples or to science, but obviously that is not the intention here and you don't want to be paying that much money just to get nothing out of it.

Obviously this is a very personal and rather big decision and I can't tell you what to do, but these are your options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy