Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 01:45 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,577,960 times

Advertisements

Will be coming up to Prescott Monday with a friend to sign some documents and need a good restaurant--not too pricey--around the Courthouse area downtown. Any suggestions? We figure $20 for a good meal or cheaper.

Also, I am having a problem finding where the good--and preferably cheap and good--antiques can be found there. Any ideas as to where to go????

I have been to Prescott with a group one time, but didn't get to see all I wanted to due to being in a group. However, it is a pretty little city from what I can tell, and I definitely plan to come back for the big Xmas event with all the carolers at all the stores this Xmas. That was such a cool event and started at 6 pm or so. Guess when our bus had to leave? 6 pm...grrr...
Anyway, Prescott looks like a fun place to be to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 01:51 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,481,088 times
Some of the ones in this thread would fit your bill, and give you, and perhaps other posters, ideas for other recommendations:

//www.city-data.com/forum/presc...-vicinity.html

Old 08-24-2011, 05:24 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,709,865 times
Just a note, Xmas event go on here for quite awhile so plan ahead depending on what you want to see.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:32 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,545,119 times
Pasquales is a couple blocks north of the court house. I think they have a web site. Pretty decent. Then walk over to the yogurt shop in the Albertsons parking lot for dessert. Lots of variety there.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:52 PM

29 posts, read 157,510 times
That Christmas event you might be talking about is Acker Night. It's Friday Dec. 9th and starts at 5:30 with musical performers in all the downtown stores. They have a website for more info. ackershowcase.com

Old 08-27-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdaajd View Post
That Christmas event you might be talking about is Acker Night. It's Friday Dec. 9th and starts at 5:30 with musical performers in all the downtown stores. They have a website for more info. ackershowcase.com
Wow, now I am confused. What I saw last year are musicians--and good ones, too--performing at different shops around the Courthouse square. Is that Acker night or is that the Courthouse Lighting night? Help!!!
Regardless, it was neat enough that I want to go back and see it again this year.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:10 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,709,865 times
There are several events in the park area.
The Xmas parade this year is at 10 AM on the 3rd and the courthouse lighting is at 6 PM.
That is all that I see posted right now but something is going on all the time with carolers and the like.
You might try watching our paper as time gets closer. The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

At this point I am not sure where else to look.
You can also keep an idea on this as time gets closer.

http://www.cityofprescott.net/events/

Old 08-27-2011, 09:29 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,930,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Wow, now I am confused. What I saw last year are musicians--and good ones, too--performing at different shops around the Courthouse square. Is that Acker night or is that the Courthouse Lighting night? Help!!!
Regardless, it was neat enough that I want to go back and see it again this year.
You're talking about Acker night. Last year was awesome. It was like New York City with thousands of people walking around. Acker night is Friday, December 9th this year. Here's the link:
Acker Night Home Page

Old 08-28-2011, 04:46 PM

OK, I will cancel the hotel reservations I made for the Courthouse lighting on the 3rd then, and plan to re-do it for the 9th.
It is really worth the trip and time I thought when I saw it last year.
And NOW it makes sense that there were donation buckets at these musicians stands asking for scholarship fund help....I get it now and it all makes sense. Thanks heaps!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott