Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 12:46 PM

34 posts, read 156,675 times

Advertisements

I think I read somewhere that there are daily flights from Prescott to Los Angeles? Anybody flown from Prescott to LA, how long of a flight is it, is is pretty easy to get such a flight daily or a couple of times of week? I don't plan on going to LA per se, but if I move to Prescott, my main passion is screenwriting and independent filmmaking (short films for now), and trying to learn music scoring for film (complete amateur right now), so if things went really well I could see myself occasionally flying to LA for a meeting, etc.
randall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 01:56 PM

533 posts, read 1,467,134 times
Hello

A friend visited me recently and they caught a flight from LAX to Prescott -- had a stop over in Flagstaff to pick up/drop off a few people.

However, I think there has been a change in the flight paths, now the airlines (Great Lakes) goes to the Ontario Airport, not LAX. It's in the LA area, anyway, regardless of which airport you go to you'll have some driving time afterwards.

Here is a URL for the airport in Prescott, named Ernest A. Love Field, which also has a flight schedule. Looks like the flight is a bit over an hour.

Airport - City of Prescott, Arizona

Old 11-03-2010, 02:14 PM

34 posts, read 156,675 times
Thank you, nice info to know! Greatly appreciated.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:30 PM

533 posts, read 1,467,134 times
Keep in mind that the Phoenix airport is only about 90 miles away, north side so easy access. Can fly just about anywhere from there.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,948,094 times
Horizon used to fly direct to LA, but they stopped their service due to lack of demand.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:34 AM

3,768 posts, read 5,897,219 times
How expensive is it? Cheaper to drive to PHX and park the car in long term?

Old 11-07-2010, 02:54 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,727,389 times
Yes it is.

I flew once out of there to Sacramento when my Mother lives. I paid quite a bit extra to leave from here and had a 2 1/2 hour layover in LA (not my favorite city anyway) to change planes to SAC.
I just don't remember how much extra the charge was at the time.
I could have driven to Phoenix and flew direct cheaper and faster.
Another thing you should realize, we have so many people that do just what you do that there are a couple of companies here in town that well take you down to Phoenix pretty cheap daily with a couple of runs each right to the airport.
So why take the car and pay parking? I think these shuttles are the reason the airlines are having a tough time getting customers with their additional charges over Phoenix fares.
Also not that out of Phoenix as a main hub there are lots of carriers and lots of flight choices too.
And if you think you are going to need a car in the LA area rentals are expensive. They just kill you will all kinds of special taxes on rentals at airports in Southern CA or so it seems, but they are not alone in doing that either. You may just want to consider driving there. From my home in South Prescott it's 375 miles and all but the first part of the route are high speed freeways and the roads are good until you get into the traffic out there.

Last edited by keninaz; 11-07-2010 at 03:14 PM..

Old 06-12-2015, 11:41 AM

17 posts, read 22,737 times
It's a really good deal now. If you book your flight more than 21 days in advance its only $80 each way. Anything less than 21 days is between $80 and $130 each way. They fly to T8 terminal at LAX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott