Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,196 times

Advertisements

Wondering what the pros and cons are for Chino Valley?

What are the future plans for building and what new stores are coming in?

* * * * * We definitely need a new grocery store. Safeway is horrible. I dread shopping there. * * * * * * *
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 AM

862 posts, read 2,621,355 times
Well, the desired spots to live are:

1 - Prescott
2 - Prescott Valley
3 - Chino Valley

CV gets VERY windy, it sits in-between the mountains. It gets less rain than the surrounding areas, less shopping when compared to Prescott & PV. Not as nature attractive. Flat and no trees.

The town is growing, it is the least expensive out of the three. Water is plentiful due to the aquifer.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:56 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,917,021 times
What is wrong with the Safeway in Chino? I have never been in it, but it looks nice from the outside.

Chino is definately rural. There is some growth, but I personally doubt that Chino will ever have lots of shops and restaurants. The zoning is primarily 1+ acres per home, so Chino will not have many rooftops to support businesses.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Pop

4 posts, read 10,254 times
Safeway is fine. People are nice and friendly. Never had a problem.
However, there seems to be too many traffic acidents on 89. Saw one the other day near Safeway and Sonic. Not sure what can be done, though.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:44 AM

48 posts, read 215,344 times
In all of our house shopping in and around Prescott, we keep honing in on Chino, simply for the more wide open spaces, and houses on larger lots. We don't really care too much about the shopping aspect or store availability of it. Prescott is only a few minutes down the road and has everything we would need..Thats the way we like it, and don't mind driving. We don't want those big business chains in our back yard. For us Chino has more Pro's than Con's.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 15,100 times
Default Stupid

Safeway is a dirty grocery store that changes the expiration dates on their packaged salads, sandwiches and such. It is agreed that we need a new store here to get safeway to clean up their acts.

I have watched my small town be ruined by rude Californians/ big city folk and all the non english speaking people require being catered to.

Chino Valley used to be a quaint little farm community where people waived and said hello to their neighbors. Now people run you over and don't say excuse me, please or thank you.

The Jerk who put Prescott on the internet as the best place to retire should have specified that people here are kind to neighbors and don't wish to have anymore rude people move here. If you are considering the area, do yourself a favor and speak ENGLISH and remember your manners. We are a small town and don't wish to have your kind here.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:10 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,295 times
The Cons:

1. Very small town (not much to do there, but go to a bar, when it's bad weather outside).

2. Lots of retirees, "rednecks", and "bikers".

3. Too cold (BRRRR!!)

The Pros:

1. The bars/pubs there are fun to go to (even when the weather outside is bad).

2. Great walking/jogging trails.

3. Some jobs there to work at.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:58 PM

24,462 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunt View Post
Safeway is a dirty grocery store that changes the expiration dates on their packaged salads, sandwiches and such. It is agreed that we need a new store here to get safeway to clean up their acts.

I have watched my small town be ruined by rude Californians/ big city folk and all the non english speaking people require being catered to.

Chino Valley used to be a quaint little farm community where people waived and said hello to their neighbors. Now people run you over and don't say excuse me, please or thank you.

The Jerk who put Prescott on the internet as the best place to retire should have specified that people here are kind to neighbors and don't wish to have anymore rude people move here. If you are considering the area, do yourself a favor and speak ENGLISH and remember your manners. We are a small town and don't wish to have your kind here.
Wow, talk about rude.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:44 PM

269 posts, read 1,257,814 times
I have never seen anything dirty at the Safeway in Chino. I do agree another grocery store would be nice but it will come with growth which will happen soon.
Chino will change overnight like Prescott Valley did,the foundation for the growth is being laid as we speak.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:31 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,196 times
Smile Chino

Safeway is not dirty in my opinion but overpriced and the expiration dates are important to look at. There have numerous things that I have bought with expired dates on the product. Now i always check the dates. Bought milk yesterday as a matter of fact and the expiration dates had a 2 week window. Some were January 7 through Jan 21. Crazy!!!!!!!!

Interested in what new proposals are in store for Chino. Five years ago there were rumors of sooooo many new and exciting things in store for Chino. So far the only new thing is Walgreens-but we needed that. Would appreciate any news on what plans are in development.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott