Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 08:18 AM

402 posts, read 615,170 times

Advertisements

Based on the cost of existing homes on a few acres and lack of inventory we are considering just buying land and installing a manufactured home there when we move.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this stuff in this area? Im curious of the cost of having a well dug and a septic installed. As well as getting the utilities hooked up. I know this stuff can vary quite a bit, especially the well, depending on the area. Just looking for a ballpark figure. Thanks!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 09:05 AM

181 posts, read 350,605 times
Default Well and utilities

it is really going to vary depending on where you get the land. But, land in areas with good wells and easy access to utilities tend to reflect that in the price of the land. Well is going to depend on how far they have to drill to hit the water. I have seen this as low as $5,000 and as high as $15,000 (total for everything). Septic costs have less variation.

Quality of water is an issue as well.

A realtor can help you with all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
Based on the cost of existing homes on a few acres and lack of inventory we are considering just buying land and installing a manufactured home there when we move.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this stuff in this area? Im curious of the cost of having a well dug and a septic installed. As well as getting the utilities hooked up. I know this stuff can vary quite a bit, especially the well, depending on the area. Just looking for a ballpark figure. Thanks!.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:16 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,929,379 times
Quote:

You're probably looking at $8K-$10K for a well unless they have to drill very deep. Septic is probably $6K-$8K. Electric can be pricey if there is no transformer nearby. APS makes you pay to extend their lines. If you are just bringing electric from the transformer, then it's about $10/ft.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:36 PM

4,614 posts, read 6,397,756 times
A Practical Guide to Drilling a well in Arizona. Depth of well is one consideration of cost, but so is the cost of the casing...which must go to bedrock. 500-600' of 6" steel well casing could get kind of pricey....hope for shallow bedrock! Your best bet is to visit an active driller in the area.

This well registry provides good data on AZ wells, it's just a little difficult to navigate.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 12-30-2016, 06:40 AM

402 posts, read 615,170 times
Thanks a lot for the info guys. Much appreciated. Seems I can get in for about 200k all in. Which seems like the way to go if I can actually find nice land thats not on a HOA AND allows manufactured homes. Thats the needle in a haystack.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:01 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,929,379 times
There are a handful on the north side of Prescott Valley for $40K-$50K. There's good water there.

Old 02-16-2021, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 17,499 times
Hey anyone. I have an offer on a house in Prescott Valley that has a pump drilled at 405 ft in 1996. The seller's disclosure says it is producing at 3 gallons per minute but is only showing 1/2 gallon per minute which owner is now saying is normal. Is there a place I can check to see if this should be a show-stopper or not? 1/2 gallon per minute with a 1000 + 2500 gallon storage tanks might be okay as long as the pumping continues but worried that the disclosure is so different than what the inspector observed. Also, what are options? I hear wells are hit and miss in that area so drilling another expensive well may not even be an option.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:45 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,808,366 times
Quote:

Not sure on wells in this area, but I've heard could go as high as $30k. Last septic I had installed was $15k, including leach lines for a 3BR home.

Old 04-25-2024, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 368 times
I have the same question as "mrshowtime3", but in the Prescott pines area, zipcode 86305

Old 04-26-2024, 06:46 PM

456 posts, read 1,502,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azappraiser View Post
I have the same question as "mrshowtime3", but in the Prescott pines area, zipcode 86305
I'm in Cornville, but still Yavapai County. New build next door spent $30k on the septic (This year). House down the street spent the same on a replacement system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott