Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 12:48 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,007,670 times

Advertisements

So no "Muskrat Love."

Captain & Tennille back in Arizona, but not back together

The demographic is just about right for her type of music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 12:52 PM

114 posts, read 255,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
So no "Muskrat Love."

Last I heard she was living in FL. She has a sister in Prescott that she visits.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:18 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,007,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeela View Post
Last I heard she was living in FL. She has a sister in Prescott that she visits.
She's moving back to Prescott -- she says so in the linked article.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:59 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,709,252 times
The younger sister actually lives in FL.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:23 PM

114 posts, read 255,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
The younger sister actually lives in FL.
She also has a sister in Prescott

Old 07-24-2017, 10:27 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,370,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
So no "Muskrat Love."

Oh no! Say it ain't so!

I'm in Prescott and an old blues fan, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Lightnin' Hopkins, Mississippi John Hurt, Leadbelly, Bessie Smith etc. They were the foundation of all the great rock bands from the mid 60's to the mid 70's. Jim Morrison and The Doors, Eric Burdon and the Animals, Canned Heat, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, The Rolling Stones, Jethro Tull, Dire Straights that kind of great stuff. I also like Bob Dylan who was influenced by Woody Guthrie. There's nothin' like driving along old Route 66 while listening to Woody Guthrie. I'm also into the "Big Band" era of the 30's and 40's.

Captain & Tennille? That's elevator music.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:53 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,275,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Oh no! Say it ain't so!

I'm in Prescott and an old blues fan, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Lightnin' Hopkins, Mississippi John Hurt, Leadbelly, Bessie Smith etc. They were the foundation of all the great rock bands from the mid 60's to the mid 70's. Jim Morrison and The Doors, Eric Burdon and the Animals, Canned Heat, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, The Rolling Stones, Jethro Tull, Dire Straights that kind of great stuff. I also like Bob Dylan who was influenced by Woody Guthrie. There's nothin' like driving along old Route 66 while listening to Woody Guthrie. I'm also into the "Big Band" era of the 30's and 40's.

Captain & Tennille? That's elevator music.
Funny that you should mention blues in a thread about Toni Tennille.

When she and the Captain were still in the charts, I saw her make an appearance on one of the late-night talk shows (I think it was the Tonight Show) without the Captain. She performed with the show's band, doing a blues standard like "Blues in the Night" or "3 O'clock Blues", and did a great job with it. I was totally impressed, having never realized that she was really a great singer with a very powerful voice. Too bad that aside from that one performance, all I ever heard from them was "Love Will Keep Us Together" and their other pop hits.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:13 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,370,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Funny that you should mention blues in a thread about Toni Tennille.

When she and the Captain were still in the charts, I saw her make an appearance on one of the late-night talk shows (I think it was the Tonight Show) without the Captain. She performed with the show's band, doing a blues standard like "Blues in the Night" or "3 O'clock Blues", and did a great job with it. I was totally impressed, having never realized that she was really a great singer with a very powerful voice. Too bad that aside from that one performance, all I ever heard from them was "Love Will Keep Us Together" and their other pop hits.
I can't argue that, just not my kind of music. There are a lot of great singers out there especially from the "Big Band" era. Jo Stafford, Ella Fitzgerald, Bea Wain, Perry Como, Frank Sinatra, Vaughn Monroe etc. Although before my time I've got a large collection of music from that era.

My all time favorites are Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin. Oh, I almost forgot Roy Orbison and Eric Burdon. There are others of course. I still mourn the passing of "Big Jimbo" and "Janis" to this day. Drugs and alcohol, what a shame!

Jim Morrison was the "Lizard King" and many of The Doors songs have captured the mood of the southwest with it's strange creatures and mysterious landscape. One of the reasons that I've always been fascinated with and always wanted to live there and am now living in Arizona. Thee greatest state in the country, I might add. I've not been dis-appointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: