Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2019, 06:05 PM

10 posts, read 35,512 times

Advertisements

Looking for recent feedback on retiring in Talking Rock/Williamson/Prescott AZ area in about 1 year. We recently toured Talking Rock and like their ranch style homes on the golf course. What are the pros/cons with living in the area? Is the HOAMCO Association (Talking Rock) fiscally and operationally sound? Any concerns or feedback would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 06:28 PM

478 posts, read 790,823 times
I probably won't be of much help to you but I have several retired co-workers that live in Talking Rock and they have all been very happy out there. One couple is in the process of selling as they want a larger place and they want to be closer to town. I love all the amenities in Talking Rock as well. I own a lot about 2-3 miles south of Talking Rock in American Ranch. While I think the overall amenities at TR are one step nicer, I don't golf and appreciate the terrain features and more abundant vegetation in American Ranch more. We are also managed by HOAMCO and so far don't have any complaints. The "architectural board" seems to be more strict than TR but I think that's made up by residents rather than HOAMCO staff.

As I'm sure you're aware, there's currently numerous homes and lots for sale in TR.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:07 PM

10 posts, read 35,512 times
Thanks K2rider! appreciate the feedback...

Old 02-19-2019, 12:23 PM

557 posts, read 952,593 times
We have friends who've gotten tired of the half hour drive to anything from Williamson Valley and are moving into town. So make sure you're OK with that.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:11 PM

478 posts, read 790,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agorski View Post
We have friends who've gotten tired of the half hour drive to anything from Williamson Valley and are moving into town. So make sure you're OK with that.
Kind of like all the people that get tired of living in BFE Prescott that decide to move down to the valley As I stated above, I have friends in Talking Rock looking to sell to move closer to town. I need to ask him why they go to town so often that it's become an issue. I know he doesn't need to work. We personally chose Williamson Valley *specifically* to be outside of having town and having neighbors 15....or even 100 feet away.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:46 PM

443 posts, read 316,183 times
Below is a link to a thread started a couple of years old on Talking Rock that may be helpful. I've driving past it before but don't have the interest to invest in any of the communities along Williamson Valley road which have properties starting at 600K plus with additional membership fees.
//www.city-data.com/forum/presc...king-rock.html

Old 04-09-2019, 09:42 AM

32 posts, read 73,427 times
We have lived in a subdivision to the North of Talking Rock for 7 years and we like it out here very much. The drive into town is a long one but it is a trade off for the quiet peaceful open space. Bottom line for us is that we love hiking and trail riding and so on and being in the country suits us. But if you are used to being close to everything and don't mind the more crowded space then closer to town is fine. Talking Rock is a unique subdivision but there are a number of different subdivisions and if that one is not the one for you there is likely another that will be. The real important thing is that the community is a nice one, it is growing and the weather is a nice mix of seasons. No place is perfect but this is generally a safe one and we are vary happy with the town of Prescott and Williamson Valley as a place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: