Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 08:23 AM

3,408 posts, read 4,628,760 times

Advertisements

Would any of you guys not be opposed if Basha's grocery store came back to PV? The mayor mentioned their economic development team is actively trying to make that happen as in getting some type of grocery store in the area. I've never been to Basha's but would love to spend my money locally as possible. What makes them different from Fry's, Safeway and Walmart?

With the population reaching 50k, we could use a grocery store along Highway 89A and Glassford Hill Rd to better serve the community on the north side. Currently they are getting crowded, unless one were to go early in the morning or late in the evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 08:26 AM

402 posts, read 611,839 times
Only experience with Bashas was when i lived in Havasu. They had the worst prices and selection in town. But they were the only store on the south side so they could get away with higher prices there. They also had no self checkout there which was weird

Old 01-24-2020, 08:41 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,695,069 times
I remember when Bashas closed here. We shopped there from time to time.
I will agree that on Glassford that both Fry's and Walmart seem to be crowded unless you go early. That only happens if I can get the wife out of bed in the morning!
It does seem however that there is a lot of competition locally for supermarkets. We have had a few besides Bashas close in recent years. Frankly, I don't understand how they all survive with the numbers of markets.

Old 01-24-2020, 11:49 AM

558 posts, read 970,545 times
The old Basha's in Frontier Village is where we shopped until they closed it and we switched to Fry's. I've been in Basha's in other parts of the state and they seem similar to Fry's.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:19 PM

I've noticed when shopping here, why don't I see more local Arizona food and agriculture companies advertise or market their products in grocery stores heavily with logos and such? Are they not proud of the stuff they create?

Old 01-24-2020, 04:24 PM

3,607 posts, read 7,917,540 times
At least where I live, Basha's may be local but not good local.

In terms of freshness/ variety/ organization I rate the Safeways higher. I've been in Fry's once or twice and I think I would rate them below Basha's. I don't buy food at Walmart.

Old 01-24-2020, 05:03 PM

555 posts, read 595,133 times
I like a variety of grocery stores so sure, I'd go for a Bashas. I shop them all: Fry's, Safeway, Walmart, and Sprouts. I'm one of those oddballs that loves grocery shopping.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:00 PM

479 posts, read 801,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogmom13 View Post
I like a variety of grocery stores so sure, I'd go for a Bashas. I shop them all: Fry's, Safeway, Walmart, and Sprouts. I'm one of those oddballs that loves grocery shopping.
I don't love shopping but like you, I'll go to them all to get the best of what they offer. I'll usually go to Sprouts for fresh produce but if it's box items that are exactly the same at every store, why wouldn't you go to Wal-Mart to save money? There things at Wal-Mart that are 4-5X cheaper than at Vons the grocery store in the same parking lot where I live.

I just returned from a 3 week trip to Europe and found out that we're getting GOUGED on food prices for the most part anyway. I didn't buy a lot of groceries but a few examples....20 cents for 500ml (13oz) bottles of Pepsi, 45 cents for a LITER of water, 29 cents for fresh baked pretzels, 19 cents for fresh baked donuts and on and on and on...

Old 01-25-2020, 11:09 AM

558 posts, read 970,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I've noticed when shopping here, why don't I see more local Arizona food and agriculture companies advertise or market their products in grocery stores heavily with logos and such? Are they not proud of the stuff they create?
I buy Arizona products all the time. There's a bunch of items available like tortillas from Tucson, Macayo's canned products, Hickman Farms eggs, etc.

Old 01-25-2020, 11:37 AM

i'm familiar with Hickman Farms eggs, bought them before. Also bought My Nana's tortilla chips made in Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott