Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:41 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,929,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The first phase of the 10-phase preliminary plat for Century Ranch subdivision was forwarded to the Chino Valley Town Council after unanimous approval by the Chino Valley Planning & Zoning Committee at its meeting Tuesday, June 4.

Located on the southwest corner of East Perkinsville Road and M.A. Perkins Trailway, the property is adjacent to a number of other subdivisions, Planner Alex Lerma said. Antelope Bridge Estates is to the east, several units of Chino Meadows and Colonia Villas are to the west, and Highlands Ranch and Bright Star are to the south, Lerma said.

“It’s an area that’s dominated by … medium to high-density residential,” he said.

Right now, the property is currently vacant, but approval by the Chino Valley Town Council would allow for the subdivision of 180.5 of 378 acres for the development of 113 one-acre lots. Staff is making sure that all the lots and lot lines are abiding by the town’s development standards, Lerma said.
These homes will be high end since no one builds a cheap home on a 1 acre lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 01:47 PM

3,397 posts, read 4,573,073 times
Can't believe how much these homes in Chino Valley cost for a small town with not much amenities and jobs, compared to towns in other parts of the country where its much cheaper than large urban areas. Something doesn't add up.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:28 PM

Williamson Valley is a very desirable area with very expensive homes and Williamson Valley Rd extends to Highway 89 in Chino Valley. Anything close to Williamson valley will most likely increase in value so it is a good place to build.

Last edited by autism360; 06-22-2019 at 04:42 PM..

Old 06-23-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Williamson Valley is a very desirable area with very expensive homes and Williamson Valley Rd extends to Highway 89 in Chino Valley. Anything close to Williamson valley will most likely increase in value so it is a good place to build.
Basically paying for the view of Granite Mountain. Do you see Williamson increasing density in its residential housing near the future? The nearest grocery store is roughly 10 miles in Chino, that would get old having to drive that after a while.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:36 PM

478 posts, read 793,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Basically paying for the view of Granite Mountain. Do you see Williamson increasing density in its residential housing near the future? The nearest grocery store is roughly 10 miles in Chino, that would get old having to drive that after a while.
10 miles? My relatives in TX have been on the same property for 70+ years and their grocery store is further than that and the closest Wal-Mart, car dealers for service, hospital, etc...is 27 miles away. It's just something you adapt to. Besides, if you only go once a week at the most, what does it matter. I live less than 1/2 mile from a grocery store but it was 31 (and later 41) miles each way to work for 23 years. I think I can handle going 10 miles to the grocery store or anywhere else for that matter.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
10 miles? My relatives in TX have been on the same property for 70+ years and their grocery store is further than that and the closest Wal-Mart, car dealers for service, hospital, etc...is 27 miles away. It's just something you adapt to. Besides, if you only go once a week at the most, what does it matter. I live less than 1/2 mile from a grocery store but it was 31 (and later 41) miles each way to work for 23 years. I think I can handle going 10 miles to the grocery store or anywhere else for that matter.
Yeah, and waste away all the time commuting to work and fuel all adds up. What's wrong living closer to work if a person has the option of it being cheaper? Personally, commuting more than 30 minutes to work is too far in my opinion.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:00 PM

1,078 posts, read 2,241,332 times
Do you know if these homes will have an HOA?

Old 06-24-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
Do you know if these homes will have an HOA?
I hope so or someone will paint their house purple or put a junk car on their front lawn and there goes the neighborhood.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Yeah, and waste away all the time commuting to work and fuel all adds up. What's wrong living closer to work if a person has the option of it being cheaper? Personally, commuting more than 30 minutes to work is too far in my opinion.
Lots of people are retired or work from home in this area.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Lots of people are retired or work from home in this area.
Even if I was retired, I wouldn't reside in the area. There are no amenities such as grocery stores, restaurants, or parks close by within less than 5 miles except maybe a gas station. It might have beautiful views, but it can't topple basic necessities. Can't take the suburbia out of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott