Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 02:16 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,927,849 times

Advertisements

This whole thing has been a huge government overreach justified with bogus inflated numbers of millions dying from the start. Even now normal deaths are being blamed on the virus but with 1/2 of cases and deaths confined to 2 states NY and NJ and the ability to recover from the virus climbing from 99 to 99.5% the government has absolutely no continuing authority to shut down businesses or churches.

facts matter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 11:30 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,068,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
Yet businesses can voluntarily open. .
Not all businesses. My wife owns a hair salon; appointment only, single chair. She was confused so called the State Board of Cosmetology and they told her she risked a license suspension and large fine if she opened and was either reported or discovered by random inspection.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:51 AM

7,457 posts, read 4,276,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I think its the government wanting to control people in my opinion, and you know its a setup especially during an election year. This lock-down nonsense for the Swine Flu never occurred in 2010 during Obama's presidency.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:54 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,657,886 times
Wow, I see that some 30 kids (girls) in a private school here in PV were just diagnosed as positive.
That really drives our numbers up locally.

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2020/m...vid-19-cases-/

The problem I see now is just how many of these girls were in contact with friends and family here in the PV area before they were diagnosed?
I suspect many will be placed in isolation as a result.

Last edited by keninaz; 05-05-2020 at 09:08 AM..

Old 05-05-2020, 10:44 AM

3,979 posts, read 1,828,965 times
Sure, one half are contained in NY/NJ - because they locked down way too late.

That battle is behind you.

In the future is where all big cities become NY/NJ. Now, no place has the sheer number of people - but percentage-wise, eh, your're going to lose 1 to 3 per thousand. So "smallish" average cities - like Cleveland - won't be (mostly) through this until they have about 500 deaths. Right now they have about 100. They've got a ways to go. It should pick up some steam now that Ohio is opening up a bit.

The last two months proved two things: Without locking down (NY/NJ) consequences were horrible. With aggressive and early lockdown (Ohio) the curve was bent pretty well. It means we know (slightly better) what to expect.

If you think it's just "going away" or "Sun kills it" or something - that's great - but no science on your side. Lots on mine. It's going to kill lots more people before it's done. Not all at once - but in the next few months.

Old 05-05-2020, 12:29 PM

23,070 posts, read 28,795,075 times
In a recent (The Week magazine) poll taken, nationwide, it was reported that 80% of Americans think opening up now is too soon. And this crowd, largely, is not going to be patronizing restaurants, sports games, concerts, and whatever, until there's a vaccine.

So don't get your hopes built up over re-opening. About 25% of the populace leans towards risk-taking, and it will be the fiery risk-takers that will be leading the way.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:43 PM

478 posts, read 792,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
In a recent (The Week magazine) poll taken, nationwide, it was reported that 80% of Americans think opening up now is too soon. And this crowd, largely, is not going to be patronizing restaurants, sports games, concerts, and whatever, until there's a vaccine.

So don't get your hopes built up over re-opening. About 25% of the populace leans towards risk-taking, and it will be the fiery risk-takers that will be leading the way.
I don't ever believe polls like this because I've never been called and don't know a single person who has. We saw how accurate polls are during the last election when Trump was given NO CHANCE by every poll on the planet. Besides 80% of Americans can't agree on anything. Only 38% of adults get the flu shot. I guarantee that many won't be rushing out for a 1st year vaccine that is going to be a wild card.

It's always risk takers leading the way. No different than in the military, police department, etc...you think Audie Murphy or any of the other heroes that stand out earned the Medal of Honor by sitting on the sidelines and not taking risks.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:15 AM

555 posts, read 590,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Wow, I see that some 30 kids (girls) in a private school here in PV were just diagnosed as positive.
That really drives our numbers up locally.

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2020/m...vid-19-cases-/

The problem I see now is just how many of these girls were in contact with friends and family here in the PV area before they were diagnosed?
I suspect many will be placed in isolation as a result.
It is a residential school. But I'm sure employees (some of whom tested positive) were going home, going to the store, etc. Good news is that so far, all those cases were mild.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:29 PM

351 posts, read 408,028 times
The numbers will only increase. There is a new Covid-19 that started up in mid March that is more contagious. If you had the first Covid-19 you will not be immune to the second one. Gee, people are out and about everywhere. I stopped at Big Daddy's BBQ in CV today to buy a salad. I am so tired of eating my own cooked food. The dinning area inside was closed. People rushing in the building to pick up their food or order their food. Men hugging each other after having lunch together at outside table. I yelled out to them, "you are braver than me". They laughed. 1 percent of the people were wearing masks. I phoned in my order and he told me to pick it up in ten minutes but I was not about to go inside with all of those people jammed together so I called and asked if they can bring my order to car and they did. The place was packed. If a restaurant has good food they will survive.

Old 05-07-2020, 03:29 PM

555 posts, read 590,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite60 View Post
There is a new Covid-19 that started up in mid March that is more contagious. If you had the first Covid-19 you will not be immune to the second one.
Speculation, not fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott