Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 04:10 PM

732 posts, read 390,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
I have no problem with the traffic. It's certainly nothing like Phoenix. Heritage square can get kinda crowded on a summer weekend when half of Phoenix is up there trying to escape but the rest of the are isnt too bad. In the fall and winter there is noticeably less people and cars.

Cities grow and change. It is what it is. Prescott isnt growing as much as PV and as long as the growth in PV is managed and well thought out there shouldnt be an issue. For me personally I just dont want PV to end up looking like Gilbert or Chandler!!

The funny thing is that Gilbert's population was under 2k in the 1970's. Metastasizing seems to be a common problem.

Serious question. What in the heck is 'Heritage Square'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 08:46 AM

117 posts, read 129,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I lived in Prescott in 2014, and then again briefly last year. I was amazed at how much it could change in 6 short years. Traffic has become nearly unbearable, and conveniences no longer seem as convenient. There's mass migration going on in the US away from certain areas and to certain areas. Prescott is one of the places people are moving to.

Let's be honest, the population isn't going down, and there's only so many resources that can keep the area sustainable. I know it still looks good to those who move in from more densely-populated areas, but I know I've already reached my point where I can't live there anymore.

Where's the Yavapai valley headed?
Certainly not a response you're hoping to hear, but the traffic and gridlock in San Diego (where i lived from 2009 until February 2021) has decreased significantly - I'm in Phoenix now (and have one eye set to the job market in Prescott), and don't plan to return to the high cost of living and sparse job opportunities of San Diego.

Interesting to note how traffic has decreased in many parts of California, while cities that were somewhat "off the grid" (to outsiders at least) in Arizona and other states are now boom towns.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:40 PM

55 posts, read 51,306 times
I lived here 10? years ago and am back again. It's changed in a huge way. When I was first here I lived in a house up from the square with some college friends who were hillbilly hippies, now I'm stuck in a subdivision with massive CCR lists.

Most everyone has been really nice just like before with the exception of one wacko neighbor who pointed a gun at my dog in my own yard. Apparently I live on the street that has ”that one guy” everybody hates but the police are indifferent so we are stuck with his ass.

Traffic is a lot worse. The highways need to be widened and Arizona drivers are bad to begin with so I see close calls every day. Old guy in a gigantic diesel blasting through the Safeway parking lot, old guy on a Harley yelling at people to hurry up when stopped at a red light, seems like way more idiots than before.

Chino will be huge, and Paulden too. Dewey is turning into Prescott Valley. Home Depot and Costco are on the way for Chino. Prescott will double within 10 years.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post

Where's the Yavapai valley headed?

When moving to any new area, or watching the growth in an area we already live in, it helps us to read the official General Plans.

The City of Prescott

https://www.prescott-az.gov/business.../general-plan/

The Town of Chino Valley

http://www.chinoaz.net/263/General-Plan

The Town of Prescott Valley

https://www.pvaz.net/380/General-Plan-2025

Dewey-Humboldt

https://www.dhaz.gov/2223/Planning

https://www.dhaz.gov/2417/General-Plan-Update

Yavapai County - Unincorporated Areas

https://www.yavapai.us/devserv/Divis...rehensive-Plan

https://www.yavapai.us/devserv/compr...te-information

Hope this helps.

Last edited by SeekingGreen; 06-18-2021 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: too many line spaces

Old 06-19-2021, 12:03 PM

558 posts, read 970,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingGreen View Post
When moving to any new area, or watching the growth in an area we already live in, it helps us to read the official General Plans.
Hope this helps.
Yes, but are they best-laid plans? "No plan survives contact with the enemy."

Old 06-22-2021, 10:55 AM

1,249 posts, read 1,051,688 times
I live in the Antelope Valley (Palmdale) California. I am 55 years old. Every year, I get e-mail spam from Prescott realtors trying to get me to sell my home here and move over there. I have told them I'm not interested in doing so, because I do not think I would be a good fit for Prescott, and I love where I live -- my house, my neighborhood, my community, the services I take advantage of.

Yet, the realtors in Prescott are persistent!

I got curious and asked a friend of mine who is my age if they received e-mail from Prescott realtors and he and his wife confirmed that they did, and showed me.

Two other friends in Granada Hills and Valencia get the exact same e-mails too.

It seems that there is a concerted effort by real estate agents in Prescott to target people close to retirement age, entice them to sell their California homes and move over there with the equity. The churn in sales keeps the bills paid for these real estate agents, I'm sure. I'm also sure they're working in cahoots with local real estate agents here in California too.

So far, none of my friends have any interest in moving there.

Old 06-22-2021, 12:33 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
I live in the Antelope Valley (Palmdale) California. I am 55 years old. Every year, I get e-mail spam from Prescott realtors trying to get me to sell my home here and move over there. I have told them I'm not interested in doing so, because I do not think I would be a good fit for Prescott, and I love where I live -- my house, my neighborhood, my community, the services I take advantage of.

Yet, the realtors in Prescott are persistent!

I got curious and asked a friend of mine who is my age if they received e-mail from Prescott realtors and he and his wife confirmed that they did, and showed me.

Two other friends in Granada Hills and Valencia get the exact same e-mails too.

It seems that there is a concerted effort by real estate agents in Prescott to target people close to retirement age, entice them to sell their California homes and move over there with the equity. The churn in sales keeps the bills paid for these real estate agents, I'm sure. I'm also sure they're working in cahoots with local real estate agents here in California too.

So far, none of my friends have any interest in moving there.
You can unsubscribe from the emails you know, especially if getting them "every year" bothers you so much.

Old 06-22-2021, 01:06 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,051,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
You can unsubscribe from the emails you know, especially if getting them "every year" bothers you so much.
That's not the point. What I was attempting to show is that there is a concerted effort by real estate interests to keep a constant flow of people moving to Prescott from California.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:24 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
That's not the point. What I was attempting to show is that there is a concerted effort by real estate interests to keep a constant flow of people moving to Prescott from California.

That doesn't sound particularly evil. Actually, I'm surprised it took this long for Prescottonians to get the clue. People must not be reading those "10 Best Retirement Destinations" clickbait pieces online.

I used to live in Lancaster. Went back there to look at the old neighborhood a few years ago. <shudder>

Old 06-23-2021, 05:57 PM

353 posts, read 414,210 times
Keep on coming here Californians, my house value continues to go up. I have five more years and I am out of here for good. I hope they make room for me in California because that is where I am heading to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott