Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-03-2024, 09:22 AM
 
55 posts, read 51,306 times
Reputation: 175

Advertisements

Has anyone heard anything new about this? There was a boom when it happened and the whole thing was an inferno almost instantly.


https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...n/73166100007/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2024, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Reputation: 3919
My hunch tells me its arson considering how many nimbys and environmentalists live in the area.. However, we have to wait for the investigation to continue and get the results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2024, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Preskitt
983 posts, read 514,208 times
Reputation: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post
Has anyone heard anything new about this? There was a boom when it happened and the whole thing was an inferno almost instantly.


https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...n/73166100007/
I didnt see anything about a boom when the fire started in that article.

There has certainly been speculation about arson, perhaps homeless sheltering in the structure starting a fire.

Others think it may have been lightning (hence the boom sound?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2024, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Reputation: 3919
You might want to read this. The suspect is also related to the Bradshaw Mountain High School aggravated criminal damages.
https://www.prescottvalley-az.gov/15...lics-Help-to-I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2024, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Preskitt
983 posts, read 514,208 times
Reputation: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
You might want to read this. The suspect is also related to the Bradshaw Mountain High School aggravated criminal damages.
https://www.prescottvalley-az.gov/15...lics-Help-to-I
It is interesting police believe they may be linked between the two incidents. I hope they catch this fool and any accomplices soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2024, 09:53 PM
 
55 posts, read 51,306 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
I didnt see anything about a boom when the fire started in that article.

I'm right nearby it was loud I thought some distant quarry was using dynamite. Went outside and saw a glow and a little bit later fire sirens. My first thought was gas leak.



A long time ago some earth liberation doofuses tried to torch some apartments I was working in, this was back 2005-2010, they got caught because the fires didn't spread. So I could see those sorts of people committing arson here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2024, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Preskitt
983 posts, read 514,208 times
Reputation: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post
I'm right nearby it was loud I thought some distant quarry was using dynamite. Went outside and saw a glow and a little bit later fire sirens. My first thought was gas leak.



.
Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2024, 06:38 PM
 
138 posts, read 229,935 times
Reputation: 141
The only way this guy is gonna get caught is if he brags about it to friends on social media and they rat him out for the reward or someone recognizes his backpack. Big jump from vandalizing a school to burning down such a large structure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2024, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Preskitt
983 posts, read 514,208 times
Reputation: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellzbellz View Post
The only way this guy is gonna get caught is if he brags about it to friends on social media and they rat him out for the reward or someone recognizes his backpack. Big jump from vandalizing a school to burning down such a large structure.
Yeah.

35K reward now, so hopefully he has loose lips and gets wrangled up that way.

He may have left the area also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2024, 08:49 AM
 
140 posts, read 316,982 times
Reputation: 89
50k now.

Ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top