Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2024, 05:02 PM

3,276 posts, read 1,102,404 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm trying to understand and get an idea of utility costs in the Prescott Area. Of course it depends on usage but is there a fix amount for electricity and water per month? Something like a base amount on top of which comes the actual usage.

For example I found out recently that in the Reno/Nevada area, the water bill starts monthly at $ 125.

Is there something similar in the Prescott Area?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM

141 posts, read 233,809 times
I live in Prescott Valley, house approximately 2000sqf. Winter - gas $70 water $40 elect 120
Summer - gas $50 Water 70 Elect 40

This is just an average and can go up or down (but not very much) depending on how hot or cold it gets. We have a lot of shade trees so that helps in the summer but also needs more water.

Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM

559 posts, read 988,755 times
Gas and electric bills have fixed fees on top of which is charged your actual usage.

In the City of Prescott, the water bill includes fixed fees for trash, recycling and city services like street lights, water is charged at actual usage. Sewer is charged based on your previous year's water usage.

There are a number of different water utilities in Prescott Valley, depending on where you live, so those will vary. Not sure how trash and recycling is handled in PV.

Prescott has its own fire department, all other areas uses CAFMA. Not sure how CAFMA is funded.

https://www.cazfire.gov

Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

7,450 posts, read 4,779,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to understand and get an idea of utility costs in the Prescott Area. Of course it depends on usage but is there a fix amount for electricity and water per month? Something like a base amount on top of which comes the actual usage.

For example I found out recently that in the Reno/Nevada area, the water bill starts monthly at $ 125.

Is there something similar in the Prescott Area?

Thank you.
I sold my house in Reno 3 years ago and the water bill was based on usage and the bill was usually around 40-45/month. My friends still own houses and they would be complaining if what you said was true.

Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM

I appreciate the answers.

Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I sold my house in Reno 3 years ago and the water bill was based on usage and the bill was usually around 40-45/month. My friends still own houses and they would be complaining if what you said was true.
In Dayton, NV they have a fixed base amount for water/month. Then you add to this what you actually use monthly. I tried to rent something there and the landlord told me this fact (yesterday, on the phone).

Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

458 posts, read 439,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellzbellz View Post
I live in Prescott Valley, house approximately 2000sqf. Winter - gas $70 water $40 elect 120
Summer - gas $50 Water 70 Elect 40

This is just an average and can go up or down (but not very much) depending on how hot or cold it gets. We have a lot of shade trees so that helps in the summer but also needs more water.

Hi just out of curiosity you say summer elec bill is 40$ down from 120$ in the winter? I'm curious as to how expensive air conditioning is in the summer. Isn't air conditioning electric? Thanks

Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM

141 posts, read 233,809 times
That should have been 140.

Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM

7,450 posts, read 4,779,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
In Dayton, NV they have a fixed base amount for water/month. Then you add to this what you actually use monthly. I tried to rent something there and the landlord told me this fact (yesterday, on the phone).
I thought you were talking about Reno.

Old Today, 07:37 AM

I wrote: "Reno area".

Thanks for your answer Terry, you mentioning that Reno has not this 'thing' (fixed based amount) made me realize that only Dayton has it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott