Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 19,827 times

Advertisements

my wife and i were looking at some lots in prescott prairie subdivision
to build on in the future .
and wanted to know if anybody had any thoughts on that area
good or bad!

we currently live in new york and would like to move there in about
10 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,914,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjl71 View Post
my wife and i were looking at some lots in prescott prairie subdivision
to build on in the future .
and wanted to know if anybody had any thoughts on that area
good or bad!

we currently live in new york and would like to move there in about
10 years
Howdy, My wife was from New York - upstate, near Albany.

Prescott Prairie is a Section of land about 5 miles north of Hwy 89A that has been divided into 16 40-acre parcels and then variously further divided down to 2 acre parcels. The subdivision "Public Report" was issued in October 2005, but the report is not available online. I would encourage you to call the AZ Dept of Real Estate, subdivision section at: 602-771-7750. Ask them if they can send you the Public Report and ask whether there are any known issues concerning the subdivision.

The area is in unincorporated Yavapai County. There are CC&R restrictions in the subdivision. Only site-built homes are allowed (i.e., no manufactured) and they must be at least 1800 sqft for single story of 2200 sqft for two-story. The roads are paved and privately maintained. Subdivision dues are currently $150/yr. Homes have recently sold for $250K to $535K. 2-acre lots have recently sold for $20K to $40K.

Last edited by BriansPerspective; 09-27-2009 at 11:22 AM..

Old 09-28-2009, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 19,827 times
hi
thanks for the info i will definitely call
we were there last week and liked that area
and the weather was great

we are both from long island

thanks

Old 07-26-2010, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 9,338 times
Thumbs down Beaware of pronghorn ranch hidden fees

My Mother is in the process of buying a foreclosed home in Pronghorn and before the escrow closes, she finds out she has to pay 1/8 of the sale price of the home to the HOA. On top of that the back assessment fees, documents fees, it goes on and on. The total fees are over 3500.00 and she doesnt know about many of the charges as they are not mentioned in the bylaws, 73 pages of them. Now to find out the assessments she will have to pay. OMG, this gives full disclosure a slap in the face. There should be a sign posted at Pronghorn that says Buyer Beware.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:47 AM

73 posts, read 302,425 times
Sorry to hear your mom is buying in Pronghorn and I wished she had researched this thread before buying a home there, I posted about the assessment fees on this very thread on July 15 & 16 2008. Other problems in Pronghorn were cracking foundations, walls... If you drive around Pronghorn you will see some roofs that are sagging from either over-spanding of the trusses or using to thin of plywood... Because of the cracking foundation problems the town's building code now requires a thicker foundations on new construction... I would say 90% of the people who bought in Pronghorn didn't read that thick book of requirments because they just wanted to sign on the dotted line and get moved in ASAP.... If you look into the assessment issue it's a pretty interesting to see how the town and the developer pulled it off in order to compete with other building developments in the area, bigger houses and cheaper until you got the assessment bill....

Last edited by checkthecodes; 07-27-2010 at 06:58 AM..

Old 08-03-2010, 11:58 AM

19 posts, read 49,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Esselcue, I wouldn't say I'm dead set on Prescott Valley, but it certainly is on my radar screen. I currently live and work in Silicon Valley. I am looking for a slower paced, smaller community but I might have difficulty acclimating to someplace that's "too" small or rural. Truth be told, coming from the bay area, my only point of reference is cookie cutter homes on postage stamp sized lots.

I lived in Palo Alto until a few years ago, in the Stanford West complex, and just moved to PV. Looking at houses all around here reminded me strikingly of P.A. You'd be thrilled by what you can afford here in comparison to there (but I'm sure you know that already). I was renting out there and my mortgage payment here will be about 50% less for 50% more SF.

We also looked in Granville, Pronghorn and Viewpoint. Did not like any of the floorplans we saw in Granville, and found that the more central location of these three compared to Quailwood didn't make up for the difference in cost per square foot for housing. Of the three, we found Pronghorn to have the nicest homes and best floorplans, but also the priciest (but again still inexpensive comp to Cali).

If you want a neighborhood but not a cookie-cutter house, another area you might look is the Prescott Valley Country Club. That neighborhood wasn't planned the way these others were - lots of variety in the houses there. But you know, I never liked cookie cutters before, but now that I've been in about 50 homes here in the last month, I have to say there's a reason that these homes are popular.

We have an offer pending in Quailwood subdivision in Dewey. Only takes 5-10 min to get to Prescott Valley. Once you've lived in the Bay Area, commute times in these smaller communities are really inconsequential. On Quailwood, an earlier poster said the developer had walked away from half-finished homes. Actually the developer went bankrupt, so didn't really have a choice about whether to stay or go. There are a handful of homes out there that aren't finished, and a good stretch of lots where the foundation work was done but nothing built on top of it. Best thing is to drive around in there and see where those homes are. They developed in blocks, so the halted construction is isolated to 3 areas, I believe. Interesting tidbit though: I recently learned that a new investor is coming in, and is supposed to close on a deal in the next week or so, to purchase one of those unfinished blocks of land in the subdivision and resume development there again. Also, the HOA is still very strong and active, so despite the original developer's problems, there's still positive energy around the subdivision, and it's far from languishing. Just my opinion but I do think the neighborhood is worth at least checking out. Plus it has tennis courts, soccer field, playground, swimming pool, fitness room, spa, very nice clubhouse with spaces you can reserve, etc. so you get a nice return on your HOA dues ($313 semiannually).

Old 08-29-2010, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 9,179 times
Please check out the arsenic levels in all areas before purchasing

Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 AM

You can download the Prescott Valley water quality report from Prescott Valley : Home, but it does not list arsenic levels. As far as I know, Prescott Valley city water has never had an arsenic problem. If you buy property with a well, then have the well tested.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 PM

14 posts, read 56,892 times
Quick question for clarification:

So this residential area of Prescott Valley, when you look at the map there, looks like a big old plus sign cute). Would each prong be a subdivision, or is the whole plus area considered a subdivision? I gather Robert Rd runs through the centerish of the plus?

What is the area out by the state land and fair grounds considered?

Thanks!

Old 08-30-2010, 04:42 PM

Default PV Subdivisions

Take a look at the attached map for subdivision names. The plus sign is comprised of many subdivisions with individual numbers (e.g., PV Units 5, 12, 15, 18, 19, 20, etc.) They weren't very creative when they first subdivided PV. Part of PV Unit 20 has changed its name to Superstition Hills, but people still refer to it as PV 20.

The subdivision by the fairgrounds is called Mingus West.
Attached Thumbnails
Prescott Valley subdivisions -good ones, bad ones, etc.-pv-areas-w-names.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott