Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 08:46 AM

345 posts, read 466,795 times

Advertisements

This article appeared in today's local Daily Courier:

Feds pursue local nurse's whistleblower complaint against Prescott VA
By T.M. Shultz, The Daily Courier

Last edited by knoxgarden; 11-24-2009 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Deleted copyrighted material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 01:11 PM

Oops! remembered after my Prescott VA article post was made that I should have provided a URL link to the article - not the actual article. I apologize in advance to moderator(s) and readers. Anyway, I hope some local AZ vets that missed this in the media caught the article here. Again, sorry if this was an infraction of CDF posting rules.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:41 PM

131 posts, read 439,645 times
You may read my response at the end of this article as I am a part of this sorry excuse for a health care system. As I mentioned, other areas of this country do not have these administrative problems. Time for Dr Angell to go!.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaShadow View Post
You may read my response at the end of this article as I am a part of this sorry excuse for a health care system. As I mentioned, other areas of this country do not have these administrative problems. Time for Dr Angell to go!.
I hope you see some resolution in your case that is fair.

I've been a vet of VA care for eighteen years across five states (GA/FL/NY/CA/AZ). I have had good and bad treatment. Mistakes have been made more than once in my treatment. Mistakes and inaccurate medical information was/is/continues to be scattered throughout my VA medical records. I was misdiagnosed as having a heart attack when I really had a collapsed lung, the VA gave me nitroglycerin pills and then an hour later said "not a heart attack" and sent me home. I continued to suffer for three days out of work, and then went to a private doctor (who I paid cash out-of-pocket for which I was not reimbursed) who diagnosed me correctly and got me readmitted back to the VA hospital where the mistakes were made. From my experiences, there is a wide variation of care across the VA network no matter what spin government and VA representatives may suggest otherwise. So..I feel for what you're going through.

I was fortunate I had my cardiovascular surgery at the Los Angeles Wadsworth VA hospital (where UCLA is a participating teaching hospital). My surgical outcome may well have been poorer at another VA facility.
From my VA experiences I sometimes wonder "how effectively would Americans run a universal health care plan?" Is there not something inherently in conflict within the American character, and the self-interests of American corporations that would not harm/sink universal health care in America while that same universal health care stays afloat in countries because they see health care for all citizens as a necessity and not as a government giveaway? In all this I see hypocrisy and the big questions involving moral ethics, financial interests and political will. It's really difficult to convey this to most Americans.

Here in the USA we may be made up of a population of basically well-meaning people, but so many amongst us are knuckledraggers when the subject turns to discussion of universal health care. Look what happened to Hillary for bringing it up.

Last edited by Ria Rhodes; 09-04-2008 at 11:34 AM..

Old 11-22-2009, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,119 times
As of November 23, 2009, the mess in Prescott VA continues to be an issue. All the problems listed in the article are stil there. My brother-in-law had a problem there with his leg and his medications and they mistreated him. He had to go to Tucson to get help to save his leg. When it came time for him to get a scooter, they dragged their feet, then gave him a used scooter, eventhough the VA was charged for a new one. When he presented them with a prescription from a doctor at a local pain clinic for medications, the doctors at the VA rewrote the prescription without seeing hiim and lowered his dosage. His PMCP never saw him until my wife went to her and introduced herself. Then the doctor only visited to see who my wife was and where she was from, never examined my brother in law. It is time that the Head of the VA Committee in Washington (Sen. John McCain from AZ) gets involved.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:32 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,218 times
i have only heard positive about the VA in Prescott. This really disturbs me.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:57 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,206 times
I have a couple of VA friends who go there and they have problems with it also. I still go to the one in Phoenix, when I first moved to Arizona. I kept my records there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott