Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 04:46 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times

Advertisements

1997 AFC Championship game - Jacksonville vs. New England. The first time the Pats did anything really big in my life. I was too young to really know what was going on back in 1986 when they went to the Super Bowl.

That whole playoff run was great. They beat the Steelers the round before in terrible fog. Then when Jacksonville went into Denver and got that massive win, it set up the title game at the old Foxboro Stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 04:50 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
1997 AFC Championship game - Jacksonville vs. New England. The first time the Pats did anything really big in my life. I was too young to really know what was going on back in 1986 when they went to the Super Bowl.

That whole playoff run was great. They beat the Steelers the round before in terrible fog. Then when Jacksonville went into Denver and got that massive win, it set up the title game at the old Foxboro Stadium.

I was disappointed they fell short of the SB that year. I wanted to see two expansions teams in the SB but both of them ended up losing in the Championship game which was the Packers beating the Panthers and the Pats beating the Jags

Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Super Bowl XLIII.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 PM

344 posts, read 725,995 times
1975 (or maybe 76) Baltimore Colts-Pittsburgh Steelers playoff game in Baltimore. Outside Memorial Stadium a Steeler fan is in line in front of me dragging a quarter barrel of Iron City beer. I can't believe he's even trying to get it inside. He gets held up by security. I pass him. 20 minutes later he's coming down the aisle in the next section over, with the keg. He said they let him go when he showed them a ticket for himself and one for the keg. He sat down with his buddies, and proceeded to tap beers for any and all. Try to top that.

Colts fans thought we might be able to beat Bradshaw, Swann, Stallworth, Iron Curtain, etc. After all we had Bert Jones. We kicked the first score, a field goal, to lead 3-0. It was all downhill from then on. Bradshaw picked us apart and we lost 35-3.

Just as we were getting ready to leave, and talking about the beer keg being the damndest thing we ever saw in a stadium, a small plane flies the length of the field and belly flops in the upper deck of Memorial Stadium. Wasn't that much of a football game, but certainly a day I'll never forget.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:32 AM

723 posts, read 1,633,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
the double overtime game I attended two days ago, Broncos vs Ravens.

10 touchdowns, 5 lead changes. what an EPIC game.

it was SO god damn cold. the hot chocolate man was more popular than the beer man LOL
That's my new entry, although I wasn't there. Don't think I could've handled the cold either. I was in my 2nd day with the flu at the time.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:53 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,233,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
the double overtime game I attended two days ago, Broncos vs Ravens.

10 touchdowns, 5 lead changes. what an EPIC game.

it was SO god damn cold. the hot chocolate man was more popular than the beer man LOL
My new entry as well..sadly.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:34 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Bringing this thread up to date for the upcoming 2013 season.

A quick note for the recently joined City Data posters- we've had this thread for the last three years and there have been some excellent commentary. Whether it's good, bad, or ugly give us some of your thoughts on a specific game from your favorite team that is memorable to you.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
My favorite NFL game was the 1992 NFC Championship Game, when 'tomorrow's team' arrived a year early and beat the 49ers in a meaningful game for the first time in over a decade. The 49ers were probably the better team that year and could have easily won that game except for a play or two that went the other direction. However, the Cowboys came of age and took advantage of opportunities and some uncharacteristic miscues by the 49ers. Now in 1993, the Cowboys were clearly the superior team, but they weren't in '92, which is why that game stands out.

Being the objective NFL fan, I'd have to say there are a few games that come to mind and none of them involve the Cowboys, unfortunately. Gotta start with the Super Bowls, and in my mind, the most classic of all of them has to be Eli Manning's unbelievable drive to beat the Pats in SB 42. Pats over the Rams was pretty good, too.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,601,744 times
1998 NFC Championship...

Atlanta (14-2) @ Minnesota (15-1)

Nobody outside of Atlanta thought the Falcons had a chance to beat the Vikings in Minnesota. I still remember the call...

"Anderson lines up for the kick to put the game out of reach... he hasn't missed all season."

Atlanta 30, Minnesota 27 (OT)

This game was ranked by Fox Sports as the 3rd most exciting NFC title game ever.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:31 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
49ers at eagles on Sept 21, 1989

Joe Montana showed me in this game why he was the greatest QB all of time. His niners trailed 28-10 in the 3rd qtr while he ran for his life from the eagles defense and constantly got sacked. It was looking like the eagles would win in a rout but something happened and the niners all of a sudden start making a comeback, 28-17, 28-24, and then took the lead 31-28 and Joe ended up with 4 TD passes that day as they won 38-28. They scored 28 unanswered pts in one half and I remember the philly media being in complete shock.

One of the greatest NFL games of my teen years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football