Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 10:56 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times

Advertisements

my least memorable game was actually a Vikings playoff win and attended in person. It was in Dec 1976, the NFC Title game vs the Rams at Met Stadium in 14 degree weather under sunny skies. I do remember it being cold and there was beer and hot buttered rum and I'm certain of other liquor being involved, tho my memory is quite fuzzy towards those specifics. Forty years later, I can still taste the hot buttered rum when I burp and it's below 20 degrees outside, so I'm quite certain of that part.

I only recall one play, a first quarter blocked field goal returned for a TD and really nothing after that with the exception of a distinct recollection of being on my hands and knees in the end zone eating purple grass like a cow. I presume this occurred after the game as I have no arrest record for an incident such as this on file and would presume this would have resulted if I did this during the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 06:39 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,902,630 times
I have quite a few but if I had to pick just one sadly it would be my 85 Bears only lost to the Miami Dolphins.

Honorable mentions

2006 Bears vs Cardinals= the game that gave birth to the infamous now famous Dennis Green Rant! THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!

2007 Patriots Losing to the Giants. The Helmet catch

2015 Superbowl Patriots vs Seahawks= Who could ever forget the dumbest play call in Superbowl history.

Bret Farve game against the Raiders shortly after the passing of his father.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:35 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
Music City Miracle. 1/8/2000. Buffalo at Tennessee - "THERE ARE NO - FLAGS - ON THE FIELD! IT'S A MIRACLE!!!"
I liked the call Mike Keith, Titans radio announcer made. It brings a lot of enthusiasm to Titan fans even though I am more of a Packers and Browns fan.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
Im relatively young.

I have to say the absolute greatest game I've watched is the bears vs cardinals.

we are who we thought they were
That was said by the irate Dennis Green.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
For many younger NFL fans, anyone who witnessed the Ravens take down of the Broncos in OT this past Sunday might very well reference this game in future years, when it comes to naming their most memorable one, for this one had all the trappings of an all time classic. Of course, the centerpiece of this game will be the Flacco to Jacoby Jones touchdown. According to advancedNFLstats.com, at the time of this touchdown, the Ravens had less than a 1% chance of winning the game. In a historical context, in considering memorable NFL playoff moments, this play was in line with Staubach to Pearson in 1975. The storyline of Manning vs Lewis in this game, with Lewis perhaps in his last game, and how Peyton Manning looked expression-wise as the game began to descend into overtime, all these elements will be with me for many years to come. While I cannot definitively state this is my all time most memorable NFL game, because I have seen so many, it certainly made its way into my top dozen or so.
I remember that game. It was a shockerrand Ravens defense picked off Peyton Manning and I don't know who did and the Ravens would go on and win the Super Bowl and Jacoby Jones went 70 yards in the AFC Championship Game in 2012 on Joe Flacco's 70 yard TD pass.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:50 PM

And speaking of Super Bowls this past Super Bowl was a really good game and the defense really stepped up for Denver. It was such an incredible finish for Peyton Manning and John Elway is the only other quarterback in Broncos history to finish a career with a Super Bowl win thought I was way too young to remember that Super Bowl but I still remember Super Bowl 45 Packers Steelers and the Packers won their first Super Bowl since 1997 when they defeated the Patriots.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:32 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
And speaking of Super Bowls this past Super Bowl was a really good game and the defense really stepped up for Denver. It was such an incredible finish for Peyton Manning and John Elway is the only other quarterback in Broncos history to finish a career with a Super Bowl win thought I was way too young to remember that Super Bowl but I still remember Super Bowl 45 Packers Steelers and the Packers won their first Super Bowl since 1997 when they defeated the Patriots.
I'm bringing this thread up to date as there are some new members who have recently posted who might not be aware of this thread.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:46 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Probably Thanksgiving 1993, Miami at Dallas -- also known as The Adventures of Leon Lett Part II

I was watching at my (future) in-law's house in Minnesota. At halftime, my (future) wife and I left to give her younger sister a ride home, a 90-minute round-trip. We got back just in time to watch the final minute of the game. For context, the Cowboys are particularly reviled in Minnesota (and have been ever since December 28, 1975) and at the time I was a Dolphins fan.

So what a profoundly satisfying final minute it was ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMb-CC6cdMo

Old 09-29-2016, 10:54 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
SB L, still gloating over that. SB XXXII was nice. Elway vs Montana playing for the Chiefs games back at Mile High were pretty good, as I saw Elway win one late and Montana win one late.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:16 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times
2012, just came back from Okinawa and my wife surprised me with tickets to a Vikings game. Was actually my first NFL game I went to. They were playing against the Jacksonville Jaguars which is my wives team and Adrian Peterson broke the Vikings rushing record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football