Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 04:24 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Alanboy, you say you wouldn't start Fitzpatrick over Schaub, but here's a stat for you: he's the only QB in the league to have thrown at least 2 TD passes the last five weeks straight.
I actually did start Fitz over Schaub this weekend. Fitz did decent with 19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Schaub sucked against Indy last time (it was the Arian Foster show), so I sat him this week.

Anyone else plagued with injuries? I have pretty much replaced my entire team except for 2 guys...all because of injury.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:10 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,676,380 times
Only injury i have is austin collie, but i replaced him with maclin so not a big deal :P

Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 AM

556 posts, read 788,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Quick question guys, would you start Tampa Bay defense @ Arizona or San Francisco Defense vs. Denver?

Also, I have Wes Welker (vs. Vikings), Randy Moss (@ Pats) and Percy Harvin (@ Pats), which 2 would you start?

Any thoughts, recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks....
Sure hope you didn't follow my advice yesterday. This explains why I stay around the bottom of the standings.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:06 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,793,722 times
I will give an update on what transpired with me yesterday. I followed Skel's advice and started Jamaal Charles at the flex, and I want to thank you, very, very much! I also benched Harvin, in favor of Garcon, so that game is pending, obviously.

With that said, this is how dominant I was yesterday: I benched 90 points, and I am still winning 106-100, with Foster and Garcon still to play, and my opponent's books are closed for the week. Suggested in another way, I am a winner, unless Foster and Garcon combine for 3 fumbles, less than 40 total yards, and no receptions. Suggested in still another way, I have a better chance of a) getting pregnant by sitting on a toilet seat (I am a male) or b) Travis Henry obtaining a writ of habeus corpus, signing a one day contract with the Texans, and scoring for my opponent. You can tell I am in a giddy mood!

Anyway, I benched Fitzgerald, who had 28 points, Brandon Lloyd, with another 26, Harvin, who amassed 18 points, as well as Mike Tolbert, who had a decent game. And my QB, Roethlisberger, only had 5 total points. Also, my regular QB, E.Manning, was on bye, and so was WR S.Smith.

This is one of those times when you feel as though your team is peaking, and you are invincible. Of course, this is also the time, invariably in fantasy football, where one's fortunes turn. You want your team performing on this level in week 15, not week 8! But for now, I'll be satisfied with sole possession of first place.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,920 times
7-1 in one league, 0-8 in the other. I've never had such polar opposite seasons before. I still set my 0-8 teams lineup every week, im not just giving up on it like a lot of people do. I want to play spoiler at least at this point.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I will give an update on what transpired with me yesterday. I followed Skel's advice and started Jamaal Charles at the flex, and I want to thank you, very, very much! I also benched Harvin, in favor of Garcon, so that game is pending, obviously.
I dont like to brag but you know..it seems I have a gift when it comes to useless fantasy football info. I would have told you to start fitz. In fact I might have or maybe i told someone else to start him. He is a star

However my gift did not forsee me benching green ellis and him running for 100+yards with 2 tds which led me to my 2nd loss in a row

Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Got a big decision this weekend

2 RBs 2 WRs 1 flex

I have L. Blount (vs ATL), Ray Rice (vs MIA), Matt Forte (vs BUF), G Jennings (vs DAL), Anquan Boldin (vs MIA), Pierre Garcon (vs PHI), Malcom Floyd (vs HOU), J. Stewart (vs NO), M. Williams TB (vs ATL)

Complete head scratcher

Old 11-04-2010, 01:05 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,793,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post

2 RBs 2 WRs 1 flex

I have L. Blount (vs ATL), Ray Rice (vs MIA), Matt Forte (vs BUF), G Jennings (vs DAL), Anquan Boldin (vs MIA), Pierre Garcon (vs PHI), Malcom Floyd (vs HOU), J. Stewart (vs NO), M. Williams TB (vs ATL)

Complete head scratcher
I think for sure you want Ray Rice and Greg Jennings. Given what the Titans did to the Eagles secondary, I would probably go with Garcon. That leaves an RB and a flex. I don't think I would go with Blount, because I think the Falcons are going to have the Bucs playing from behind, the same goes with Stewart. I think you go with Forte as RB 2, against the Bills, who were shredded by the Chiefs running attack last week. That leaves you with a flex player, in the form of Boldin, Floyd or M.Williams. This is your crapshoot choice in my opinion. At the risk of overanalysis, I think I'd go with Floyd, slightly, over Boldin and M.Williams. The Texans rank last in pass defense, and Gates is going to be very hobbled in the game this week, even if he plays.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post

2 RBs 2 WRs 1 flex

Complete head scratcher
Ray rice for sure. Miami is not bad against the run but ray rice will touch the ball atleast 20 times giving him a better oppurtunity to score than anyone else. Jennings is an obvious choice especially since rodgers will bounce back from a bad performance last week. Id probably bench garcon seeing as how collie will most likely be back this week and start either williams or floyd or both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football