Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 06:35 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times

Advertisements

Schaub is benchable right now. It really depends on the matchup though and i cant remember who either team is playing at the moment.

Last edited by skel1977; 11-12-2010 at 07:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 07:41 AM

And for the future, can you guys please post your matchups. If you are going to ask a question, like who should is start? Post their matchups. You are asking a question so dont make the person answering the question have to go look up who the matchups are. Its annoying.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
And for the future, can you guys please post your matchups. If you are going to ask a question, like who should is start? Post their matchups. You are asking a question so dont make the person answering the question have to go look up who the matchups are. Its annoying.
Yup, it really is a must, like I was thinking about starting:

Jason Snelling (vs Baltimore) or Matt Forte (vs MINN)

Not that hard (and no Im not really asking that Skel )

Old 11-12-2010, 10:19 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Believe it or not I won this game. My comeback was thanks to the Packers D and Greg Jennings. My KY team is leading the field at 7-1.

Now I want to know which QB should I should start in my VA league (5-4): Schaub or Ryan Fitzgerald?
I think I'd actually go with Fitzpatrick, Alanboy. The preseason ratings had Schaub as a top 5 QB, but you really have to consider Andre Johnson's health as a determining factor. Kubiak said he won't be healthy enough the reminder of the year to do more than Friday practice each week. I think this leads to timing issues over the course of the season. I am not suggesting you ice Schaub for the remainder of the year, but you have to at least consider the possibility of playing Fitzpatrick when matchups are this appealing (Detroit at home).

Old 11-13-2010, 11:39 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Dilemma:

I can't decide whether to start Brandon Marshall (against Tennessee with Pennington taking over for Henne) or Dez Bryant (against the G-Men).

Marshall is going to blow up again this season. I have a weird, irrational hunch that this is the week and I don't know why but I can't really trust it. I'm in a must win this week also.

Bryant seems to be getting along just fine with Kitna and I'm sure the Cowboys will have to start throwing in earnest before the end of the 1st quarter. It seems like the safer play but I have that weird nag about Marshall.

For some background, I'm currently starting Owens, Garcon and Bryant.

I have Keller and Witten at TE (starting Keller against Cleveland). A lot of the pundits are calling for Witten to have a big game this week, but I think that he's going to have to stay at the line of scrimmage to pass protect a lot. The Giants don't respect Kitna enough to spread the defense and they know that he gives them the ball a lot when under pressure. If they have four sacks before halftime like I think they will, Witten isn't going to score more than 5 fantasy points unless he gets a garbage TD late in the game. Thoughts?

Old 11-14-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Dilemma:

I can't decide whether to start Brandon Marshall (against Tennessee with Pennington taking over for Henne) or Dez Bryant (against the G-Men).

Marshall is going to blow up again this season. I have a weird, irrational hunch that this is the week and I don't know why but I can't really trust it. I'm in a must win this week also.

Bryant seems to be getting along just fine with Kitna and I'm sure the Cowboys will have to start throwing in earnest before the end of the 1st quarter. It seems like the safer play but I have that weird nag about Marshall.

For some background, I'm currently starting Owens, Garcon and Bryant.

I have Keller and Witten at TE (starting Keller against Cleveland). A lot of the pundits are calling for Witten to have a big game this week, but I think that he's going to have to stay at the line of scrimmage to pass protect a lot. The Giants don't respect Kitna enough to spread the defense and they know that he gives them the ball a lot when under pressure. If they have four sacks before halftime like I think they will, Witten isn't going to score more than 5 fantasy points unless he gets a garbage TD late in the game. Thoughts?
Jeezus H!!! Am I ever glad I left Witten and Marshall on the bench!!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Jeezus H!!! Am I ever glad I left Witten and Marshall on the bench!!
I think going forward, Dez Bryant has to fall into the "must start" classification. He's playing at a different level. In fact, he might be in line for Rookie of the Year. The only other rookies at his level, right now in week 10 are Sam Bradford, Mike Williams, the WR on the Bucs, and Ndamukong Suh of the Lions.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I think going forward, Dez Bryant has to fall into the "must start" classification. He's playing at a different level. In fact, he might be in line for Rookie of the Year. The only other rookies at his level, right now in week 10 are Sam Bradford, Mike Williams, the WR on the Bucs, and Ndamukong Suh of the Lions.
A league-mate drafted him way too high and dropped him after the Tennessee game. I picked him up in desperation to fill a bye problem the Saturday before the first Dallas-NY matchup.

As it turns out, however, my quarterback has 41+ points in the third quarter and I'm thoroughly trouncing my opponent to the tune of a 70 point deficit. Marshall and Witten still would have worked out. C'mon Andy!! Bench Vick already! Quit taking irrational chances with my guy!

Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 AM

I think after last nights game I may have to draft Vick as my QB next year. He is the only quarterback that gets rushing yards and TD's which is pretty huge in a fantasy league. He may not be as consistent as say, petyon manning but he has potential to have huge games like last night.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I think after last nights game I may have to draft Vick as my QB next year. He is the only quarterback that gets rushing yards and TD's which is pretty huge in a fantasy league. He may not be as consistent as say, petyon manning but he has potential to have huge games like last night.
Well, you'd better hope you pull the #1 overall pick, or else you aren't going to get him! Either that, or outbid every one in an auction league for him. You are essentially starting a QB and an RB with Vick, every week. That's right: he's playing the equivalent of two roster spots right now. The only player I can think of right now that is on his level, fantasy wise, would be the Steve Young season of 1994, when he threw-ran for 42 TDs.

He's the #1 scoring player in my one league right now on a point per game basis, and it's not even close. He's 3 full points ahead of Phillip Rivers, who is having a HOF type of season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football