Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:11 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
Portis said what every guy that's ever had an ounce of testosterone was thinking. PC or PR aside though, it was unprofessional to say it. Like I said, anyone who saw the pic of what she wore that day or any other day was already thinking it anyway, so he didn't have to give that opinion.
He's not a wimpy CEO of some sissy ass, brown nosing schumbag, sell your mother for a buck corporation. He's a running back for the Washington Redskins. I'm glad he said it. Leave the kowtowing to the HR departments.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:14 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
All I know is, if I said anything like that at work to a woman in our office, I would be fired

Why should Athletes be held to different standards?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
All I know is, if I said anything like that at work to a woman in our office, I would be fired

Why should Athletes be held to different standards?
Maybe because a woman dressed provocative in a locker room full of naked men? And make no mistake she was dress to be provocative by design.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:27 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Maybe because a woman dressed provocative in a locker room full of naked men? And make no mistake she was dress to be provocative by design.
Still doesn't justify comments. If I can get sued for saying something like that, why not players? Just cause they are Athletes doesn't get them a pass.

Also, it just isn't classy to act that way. I guess I just have respect for women... and you... don't.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:32 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
Jemele Hill, a black woman newsperson for ESPN had a nice article on ESPN.com reflecting and agreeing with many of the views already said here.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,704,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They should have called Jessica Simpson a reporter too if the standard is being hot and standing there.
Mark my words, if I was standing near Jessica Simpson, whether she has put on a bit of weight or not, I would not cat call, I would not stare, I would simply walk up to her and say, "I have to tell you, you are just unbelievably f*&^% hot".

Old 09-15-2010, 09:33 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
So, you people are saying that if a woman reporter is in a locker room then she deserves to be sexually harassed? WTF? No wonder the thugged-out NFL and its classless fans are the laughing stock of the sporting world.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:37 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,704,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
So, you people are saying that if a woman reporter is in a locker room then she deserves to be sexually harassed? WTF? No wonder the thugged-out NFL and its classless fans are the laughing stock of the sporting world.

I would agree with your comments on the NFL, but have you stopped and noticed how women dress today?

This woman is not a reporter, she is a model who was given a reporters career to lend some credibility to her. If you dress to get attention, your going to get attention. All kinds of attention.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:38 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
It comes down to common sense. If they're going to allow women reporters in a locker room, how about some dress etiquette? Dress in a professional manner, not like you're working at Hooter's. You think she dresses that way in a locker room by accident? She's not naive. Regardless, they don't belong in a men's locker room...period! Just like I wouldn't be allowed in a woman's locker room to interview a star WNBA forward while all her teammates are running around in their panties.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Still doesn't justify comments. If I can get sued for saying something like that, why not players? Just cause they are Athletes doesn't get them a pass.

Also, it just isn't classy to act that way. I guess I just have respect for women... and you... don't.
Because, again she is in a room full of naked men. Why should the players get sued in that situation? I agree the statement is one I wouldn't make but I have never agreed females should be in those locker rooms in the first place. If the argument can be made that male reporters have a jump on female reporters because they can not enter the locker room than the interviews should not take place there in the first place. I would feel uncomfortable with Rover swinging around if Joe the reporter is shoving a recorder in my face. I'd also feel uncomfortable if Betty was shoving a recorder in my face and Rover stood at attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football