Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 10:34 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Secondary needs a lot of work and they need another piece for the o-line unit. Tomlinson is terrible and a huge liability whenever he sets foot on the field. Hopefully Swanson is ready go. They were teasing a possible return for tonight.

If they stick with the same running back corps in 2017 then Zenner needs to be the feature back or split with Riddick.

A loss to Green Bay is always tough to take. At least the season will continue. Seattle is beatable.

Definitely happy I didn't drop the coin for the last minute flight to catch the game live.

Heh. I would've stayed in SE Michigan (extend my holiday vacation), if I could've nabbed reasonably priced tickets. I couldn't even get Wings tickets on a Tuesday night while I was there......

I agree.....Zenner & Riddick would be a good 1 - 2 punch.

I'm not gonna take anything away from Rodgers and his Pack because they won, they played better, and they deserved the division crown.

But.....the Lions lost that game.

Four key plays:

1. Tate's dropped pass along the sideline (Stafford overthrew but it was catchable), would've been a TD.

2. Zenner's missed opportunity when Stafford overthrew on a screen. Most likely would've been a TD the way Zach was playing.

3. Prater's missed field goal early on.

4. 12 men on the field penalty against the Lions which essentially ended up with Rodgers throwing his 4th TD pass of the game.

That's a 24 point swing, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 12:24 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Heh. I would've stayed in SE Michigan (extend my holiday vacation), if I could've nabbed reasonably priced tickets. I couldn't even get Wings tickets on a Tuesday night while I was there......

I agree.....Zenner & Riddick would be a good 1 - 2 punch.

I'm not gonna take anything away from Rodgers and his Pack because they won, they played better, and they deserved the division crown.

But.....the Lions lost that game.

Four key plays:

1. Tate's dropped pass along the sideline (Stafford overthrew but it was catchable), would've been a TD.

2. Zenner's missed opportunity when Stafford overthrew on a screen. Most likely would've been a TD the way Zach was playing.

3. Prater's missed field goal early on.

4. 12 men on the field penalty against the Lions which essentially ended up with Rodgers throwing his 4th TD pass of the game.

That's a 24 point swing, folks.
LOL..why does EVERY losing teams fan base think their team lost the game and the other team didnt win it. Apparently the Giants weren't involved yesterday in Washington's failure as it was all about the Skins not showing up.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:13 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
LOL..why does EVERY losing teams fan base think their team lost the game and the other team didnt win it. Apparently the Giants weren't involved yesterday in Washington's failure as it was all about the Skins not showing up.
I was thinking the same thing...
5. If Clay Matthews doesn't drop the pick six this game would have been a blow out.

With that said I can see the Lions pulling off an upset against Seattle and will be rooting for them.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:24 PM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Interesting but Packers had missed opportunities, too! A huge one was when Clay had a sure INT go right through his hands. There were quite a few miscues because players were covering for others, playing out of position. Lions did not capitalize on Packers having a mash unit out there.

Stats, refs, shoulda, woulda, coulda plays, things can be spun any way you want these days. After the half Packers were on a mission, more intense than the Lions, reminded of the Lions playing the Cowboys, house on fire 1st half, not so much in the second.

Last edited by susancruzs; 01-02-2017 at 01:43 PM..

Old 01-02-2017, 03:36 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I found tickets on StubHub in the 300 level for $150-160. Considering it was the biggest Lions game to date at Ford Field I was willing to go that high. The airfare, however, was a different story. Flights on Soutwest were at least $150 higher from when I flew out on 12/9. Booked earlier, though.

Surprised you couldn't find a Wings ticket for a Tuesday night game. As the end of an era at The Joe inches closer and closer I suppose there's a demand. When I was searching tickets back in September tickets for the final game in the upper bowl were $500 each.

I was able to pull a Lions/Red Wings double header on 12/11. I got to watch the Lions beat the Bears and "enjoy" the snow that fell all day long on the walk to The Joe where I watched a miserable Wings team drop 2 pts to Philly after OT. Still enjoyed my pilgrimage to The Joe.

Whatever happens against Seattle, I'm looking forward to next season and hope to catch another game at Ford Field or on the road.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:15 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Ah the tension, I'm off to plough the driveway. Can't watch this anticipated humiliation. Still silver and Honolulu blue I bleed.. #GoodLuckLads #OnePride

Old 01-07-2017, 06:27 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Ah the tension, I'm off to plough the driveway. Can't watch this anticipated humiliation. Still silver and Honolulu blue I bleed.. #GoodLuckLads #OnePride
You're like my father-in-law during packer games. Now get back inside and watch your Lions. It's cold out and lions can win.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:28 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Another offensive facemask on a scoring drive that wasn't called. This b.s. never ends.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:38 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Lions trail 10-6 now.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 01-07-2017 at 08:09 PM..

Old 01-07-2017, 08:13 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
These refs are just horrible. How do you miss the block on the back by Russ? Terrible officiating all against Detroit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football