Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
There is an opportunity here if the Lions defense can make the Jet one-dimensional offensively with some good pass defense. If the Lions can play good pass defense and run the ball they can beat the Jets.

This team just needs to play with a little more consistency and clean up the penalties and turnovers and they have shown they can compete with anybody.

I give the Lions coaching staff credit in every game I've seen the Lions play this year they have played with effort.
I blame the coaching for the loss to the Jets.

3rd and 6 with 1:40 left in the game.

Jets had no timeouts; Lions up by 3.

A pass play that ended with an INC. Not as bad as Morninghweg's call some years ago. Remember that one? Lions and Bears go to OT and the Lions win the coin toss. The Lions elect to kick to the Bears. In sudden death. On the road. Against the Bears.

Yep, they lost.

I hope the coach learns from this.

Stafford's hurt again; Hill has a pin in his broken arm.

The good news?

Lions play the Bills next week.

The bad news?

It's on the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 11:08 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,981,668 times
It's been a few weeks since I've made it out to Pranksters for the Lions game. Since I'll be missing the game on Turkey Day I will make it a point to catch the next game or two.

The Bills will be tough despite a bad record. They are a lot like our boys this year, just can't seal the deal. But I like the chances of ending this horrid road skid.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:57 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,298,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I blame the coaching for the loss to the Jets.

3rd and 6 with 1:40 left in the game.

Jets had no timeouts; Lions up by 3.

A pass play that ended with an INC. Not as bad as Morninghweg's call some years ago. Remember that one? Lions and Bears go to OT and the Lions win the coin toss. The Lions elect to kick to the Bears. In sudden death. On the road. Against the Bears.

Yep, they lost.

I hope the coach learns from this.

Stafford's hurt again; Hill has a pin in his broken arm.

The good news?

Lions play the Bills next week.

The bad news?

It's on the road.
Watching Sunday's game was like going out with the great looking girl and them getting a phone call from her telling you she's dumping you with no damn reason why.

The Lions played with absolutely great effort Sunday but the missed some key plays that would have kept drives alive and ate more clock.

I totally agree with that the coaching staff cost the Lions the game. If they run the ball with 1:40 left on thrid down and then let the 40 second clock get down to one second call and timeout and punt the Jets have to go about 60 yards with less than a minute left and no time outs.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
YAZ

Stafford will be out for the season, according to some sources that the Detroit News won't divulge. I believe it.

Hill can still play, but only in an emergency. Kinda like Mr. Suh with the extra point try against the Jets. That leaves us with Stanton.

And no running game.

The Lions MIGHT win one more game......

Picked up a kicker and dropped Wade ( a decent defensive back).

Weird.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 AM

Poop. That is all I have to say.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:04 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,005 times
what's the feeling of you Lion's fans going into this week against the Cowboys?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
what's the feeling of you Lion's fans going into this week against the Cowboys?
Amazingly the Lions have been in nearly every game thus far. I don't think that will change against the hapless Cowboys. Whether or not that will translate to victory remains to be seen.

For the sake of it I'll call a Lions victory, 20-17.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Amazingly the Lions have been in nearly every game thus far. I don't think that will change against the hapless Cowboys. Whether or not that will translate to victory remains to be seen.

For the sake of it I'll call a Lions victory, 20-17.

i'm hoping for at least a good game! good luck...

Old 11-16-2010, 07:14 PM
YAZ

Cowboys 20-17.

Sorry.

Lions can't win on the road yet.

Anyway.....that new kicker was the first Lion in 19 years to kick a field goal that wasn't Jason Hanson.

Incredible career for Jason.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:20 PM
YAZ

Another stinker.

Well....it was entertaining up until the 4th Quarter.

Have the Lions played at home this year?

It just seems that we're always on the road.

Watching the Pats play the Colts today.....

Uh - oh.

I'm hoping Coach Scwartz won't get fired.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football