Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:25 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Right on the money. Great post Mike 0421!

Maybe one of the long time Viking fans can refresh my memory for me, didn't Randy Moss earlier in his career utter to a Minneapolis sportswriter "I play when I want to"? Well, we'll see how Brad Childress handles this little ordeal.

Mike is right. The chances are getting better and better for a lockout in the 2011 season. I just don't see how we can avoid it, and Lord I wish I can be mistaken! And like Mike suggests, you can bet the farm that Moss's agent is going to try to hit the lottery on the contract situation.

As Marmac would probably say to the Viking organization, "You'll be sorrrryyyyy!!!!

Yes, Moss did say that when with the Vikings previously.
Childress was on KSTP TV and stated he doesn't judge a player by his past actions, but what they are today.

Well.........same old, same old,...........(Moss poting about being " unapreciated" )

We heard that crying when he was here the first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 08:09 PM

369 posts, read 776,943 times
Long time viking fans won't care at all as soon as they see what moss is capable of. The Vikes had nobody to stretch the field, teams weren't afraid of favre throwing the ball to camarillo and an injured harvin. Once he starts helping them win games, will start immediately, people will love him. I bet AP and Brett have a huge smile on there faces today. Now teams are FORCED to respect the passing and running games, doubt anyone will load the box on AP knowing a deep threat like Moss is on the field.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:07 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
The big winner on the field, here, might be Adrian Peterson. Don't underestimate the loss of Sidney Rice and how that has factored into teams defensing the Vikings offense, which has looked very stale thus far. Peterson is now going to be the beneficiary of a lot of 7 man drops. The Vikings base offense now becomes much harder to defend. Look for Peterson to have about a 4.8-5.0 YPC from now on.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
did Childress pick him up at the airport?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:54 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,797 times
moss won't help the purple frankenstein old guy team enough to make the playoffs.

pants on the ground!

two dat.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:56 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Depends if he is motivated or not...Dude complained about being on a Super Bowl contender with a great QB.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:20 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Seems Randy was very happy in NE for the past few years and I didn't see any proof that he was still high maintenance...at least he's not getting arrested for DUIs, failing drug tests, accused of raping women, etc. There are alot of players out there doing worse.

He's one of the best and a sure Hall of Fame receiver. NE is done this season without him. I don't think Randy wanted out of NE and I think Tom Brady will miss him real bad. I notice he usually sits next to him on the bench. Another stupid move like trading their best defensive player to Oakland last year. He's exciting to watch (just like Vick) which is what the NFL needs...more exciting players, which are hard to come by. Otherwise the games this year are really ho-hum. At least Randy provides alot of offensive excitement.

Unfortunatley parody in the league has not brought us alot of really great teams but mostly pretty equally bad, boring teams.

Says alot that he can just walk into the system in Minnesota and play Monday night...hey, Brett throws the ball somewhere in his vicinity and he figures it out and catches it!
No, not rape, just hit with a paternaty suit from some woman in Fla.Surely you jest that the Pats are "done" without Moss! Hmmm, I don't think he was even here in '01 and '02 when we won two SuperBowls in a row, was he? Nah. The Pat's are surely done without Randy Moss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Yep, Brady and the team will miss him. I guess they can't play without him. BTW, Moss had zero catches and only one attempt Monday night in a blowout Pats win. Moss is NOT an entire team. I say good riddance.
LOL, yes they will miss him like cancer....NOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Depends if he is motivated or not...Dude complained about being on a Super Bowl contender with a great QB.
Poor baby was not feeling the love, remember? That's quite enough to not want to play.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:33 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No, not rape, just hit with a paternaty suit from some woman in Fla.Surely you jest that the Pats are "done" without Moss! Hmmm, I don't think he was even here in '01 and '02 when we won two SuperBowls in a row, was he? Nah. The Pat's are surely done without Randy Moss.
There's a bunch of stuff in Moss's youth, not just the fact that he got kicked off of Bobby Bowden's team, and also Notre Dame. I have a cousin who rabidly follows SEC football, and back in 1996 he let me in on the fact that Moss, by the time he was 19, fathered 3 children by three different women. You won't find that one in a google search, I don't think. I remember watching game highlights when he was on Marshall, playing, if memory serves me, against Army, when we were talking about his personal life, because I had never heard of him, and he put on probably the single greatest performance I've seen by a college player in that game.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:24 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,904 times
What was Moss even traded for? All the stories about are about Moss and not what NE got

Old 10-07-2010, 06:02 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
What was Moss even traded for? All the stories about are about Moss and not what NE got
From the sources I've seen online it looks like the Vikings 3rd round pick goes to the Patriots in the 2011 draft and the Vikings get the Patriots 7th round pick in the 2012 draft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football