Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 08:15 PM

479 posts, read 702,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Rules are rules regardless of your personal standard. Criticize is one thing, OVERKILL is another. Notice again black fans dont criticize white players, we go on with our daily lives. Seriously man. You wont see black men crying about Ben R-Burger raping some cornball chick in some hick town. We dont care. Some things SHOULD be left alone. Freedom of speech should be used wisely. We are in a society now were many things are offensive, but people say & do these thing anyway for a reaction...

& by the way I just recieved 7 count em SEVEN + 1s to my account so there are others that agree. Hey man Im black, I HATE when blacks mess up, hate when we kill our own kind, Hate when our women get pregnant by unworthy men. I told you the trust of the matter whether you respect it or not is your business but again. Thats how a large group of people feel.
Peace.
The reason blacks dont condemn Rothelsburger is because plenty of whites are already on his case. (now of course if the chick had been black, Jesse and Al would have been all over it).

Yet when a black man does something illicit the majority of the black voices are vociferous - in their SUPPORT of the crime-doer. Even when the victim is white (OJs ex, girls at UNC and Auburn, etc). That is why you hear lots of white voices -- because blacks wont criticize their own kind, almost no matter what (see Marion Barry). Meanwhile whites abhor the white criminals in their midst - whether Bill Clinton or otherwise.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:41 PM

106 posts, read 232,304 times
When I saw Mike Vick playing that one unbelieveable game, I really got a high from it... It goes to show you, even if you make horrible decisions you can still turn your life around, no matter who you are.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:30 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I'm sorry, but I refuse to live by those 17th century race rules. Our civil rights leaders didn't give their lives for us to continue with this BS. This is one reason I could never live in Atlanta -- too much racism, racial obsession, race bickering and racemongering.
Excuse me?

The type of honest and open racial discussion that happens regularly in Atlanta almost NEVER takes place in most large metro's in the U.S., most especially in your "go-to" mega-city of metro Chicago. Chicago, the Midwest AND Northeast in particular, are absolutely terrifed to even discuss this issue, let alone bring it up on a daily basis.

We live with - and deal with it, every single day. Get a clue before you cast such negative, completley ignorant and misinformed views of something you know nothing of.

Get back to us when you actually integrate your suburbs, elect blacks/hispanics/asians/gays to office AND get comfortable living amongst people that don't look like your parents.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Actually cokk fighting was LEGAL still in Louisiana up until it was banned in 2007 and there was huge money involved in it. So um, yea.
**** fighting has absolutely nothing to do with the food production industry. Try again.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:26 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
So a black person can criticize a black athlete, but if a white person does it, it's racist? What a double standard. A racist double standard.
That yahoo apparently speaks for the entire black race. He has quite the superiority complex going.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowOldGetWise View Post
When I saw Mike Vick playing that one unbelieveable game, I really got a high from it... It goes to show you, even if you make horrible decisions you can still turn your life around, no matter who you are.
How the H#LL does performing on a football field equate to turning your life around. He was a very good football player before the dogfighting conviction and SURPRISE, SURPRISE he is still a good football player afterwards. His on the field exploits have NOTHING to do with turning his life around! He can throw a football and run really fast so he has turned his life around?? I guess since he hasnt been arrested or put back in prison that is some sort of moral victory.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:37 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
How the H#LL does performing on a football field equate to turning your life around. He was a very good football player before the dogfighting conviction and SURPRISE, SURPRISE he is still a good football player afterwards. His on the field exploits have NOTHING to do with turning his life around! He can throw a football and run really fast so he has turned his life around?? I guess since he hasnt been arrested or put back in prison that is some sort of moral victory.
You nailed it.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:04 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
I was a lifelong Eagles fan...stayed a fan through many losing seasons. Losing I can handle, but Vick is a dealbreaker for me. The Eagles are done in my book, as is the NFL for that matter. I'll stick to college football.

At least the Falcons had the decency to cut ties with the puppy killing, herpes-spreading, drug using, middle-finger waving scumbag.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:09 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post

http://bestsmileys.com/signs11/13.gif (broken link)

Old 11-24-2010, 08:12 AM

[quote=go phillies;16769927]I was a lifelong Eagles fan...stayed a fan through many losing seasons. Losing I can handle, but Vick is a dealbreaker for me. The Eagles are done in my book, as is the NFL for that matter. I'll stick to college football.

At least the Falcons had the decency to cut ties with the puppy killing, herpes-spreading, drug using, middle-finger waving scumbag.[/quote]

Funny that so many on here discount what he DID before the dog fighting conviction. Flipping off the fans at the GA Dome. Giving some women herpes and getting sued for it. Having multiple illegitimate children with more than one women. Being photographed smoking a blunt and then taking some substance through security in the airport in a hidden compartment of a water bottle. Yep that Ron Mexico was a really good guy before getting convicted for dog fighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football