Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:46 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times

Advertisements

Listening to ESPN, Steelers have many players that have been to the Super Bowl, their a little "long in the tooth" so can't go forever. They're tough, but Pack has Dom Capers, he puts a great defense together, complicated for some folks, always changing players, but they "get 'er done"!

Packers a young team they've been building, up and coming! Nice for Donald Driver, a Packer since 99 and hasn't been to a Super Bowl. Another Packer has been to the Super Bowl but not with the Pack.

All I can say is Go Pack Go, so exciting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 06:52 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
P-A-C-K.....PACK PACK PACK.

Go cheese heads.

My question is what in the world possesed the Jets to try and run the ball up the gut on the 4th down play on the 2? Really? Against the Steelers defense with a washed up RB in Tomlinson ?
I ask my self the same question every day since my Ducks did the same thing against Auburn...why why why....just go around damn it!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:54 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I ask my self the same question every day since my Ducks did the same thing against Auburn...why why why....just go around damn it!!!

What gets me is that if they pitch it on a stretch play they probably get in with ease because Pittsburgh was stacked in the middle with about 8 or 9 guys.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:55 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,650 times
Steelers played good defense, Roethlisberger passing game was not so good, he should have been intercepted many times, he was lucky, Jets missed some big tackles and opportunities.

Packers were monsters, nice win, seems Bears sat down and Cutler just quit.

Now on to the Superbowl, a bittersweet day, as it marks the end of football,here's looking at Aaron Rodgers and the Packers to take out Roethlisberger and the Steelers!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 AM

Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
To all those saying where were the jets fans yesterday responding on this thread... watching the football game at night time genius...

Theres alot to say about they jets vs. steelers game so im only going to say one thing about packers vs. bears... that was an ugly game and both teams were completely exposed... teams saw that just like I said Rodgers peaked against Atlanta and as you noticed I didn't say before that it was a bad thing and that he would continue to play well in the playoffs but that was easily going to be his best game in the playoffs which is what peaked means... Also what this shows is how much stronger the AFC was than the NFC this year because whoever would have came out of the AFC Jets or Steelers would have easily beaten the Pack or Bears and I'll even say either game would have been by at least a touchdown but to play it on the safe side I'll say a touchdown...

Regarding the Jets vs. Steelers game, that first half of football was probably some of the worst football the Jets have ever played this season... I don't know what it is with them that they need to be in the second half or behind most games to play well but this is exactly what happened and I think it started with electing to give the ball to the Steelers instead of receive in the beginning... Any other time, I would agree with that call but when you're in a playoff game of so much meaning and you need to get off to a good start, kicking off to give your opponent first dibs and a chance to establish momentum, is an idiotic move and we saw how they paid for it...

Second off, for those who recorded that game, watch how many disgusting calls went against the Jets from quarters one through three and especially the third quarter where they were starting to get on a roll, the "fake timeout" that nobody saw. "the flinch" on the Offensive lineman that im still rewinding trying to figure out when he moved, cause all I saw was when the Steeler guy jumped he pointed to the Jets lineman and refs assumed that Lineman jumped (great officiating guys)... and then to top it all off the kickoff where they called a personal foul on the defender when the ball went about 30 yards and supposedly wasn't touched to give the steelers the first down on the jEts 40... those were a few of them but there were more and you can bet that although the Jets wont say anything about it, real fans who observed the game, will be furious just like I was watching the game...

This isn't to say that it would have made a total difference in the outcome because Jets shot themselves in the foot so many times in the first half, but whose to say that if those calls weren't called, things would have gone differently...

Also, for those talking about the Sanchez 4th quarter reliability over Manning, Ben and Brady... WHERE ARE ALL YOU GUYS? Just like I said before, I will take Sanchez in the 4th quarter or in pressure situations (and lemme be clear about this) over anybody in the NFL. He raped Roethlisberger in 4th quarter performance yesterday... It was straight violation. It looked like a junior high school quarterback was playing against Elway... Roethlisberger was crap yesterday and Jets should have and could have won that game had they played anything resembling football in the first half... This is why no matter what is said in this thread, I take solace in knowing that had we played our best football against the Steelers best football for four quarters we really could have won that game, and the second half proved what all the haters needed to see... For those saying where are the Jets fans and all those bandwagon fans have left, you obviously didn't see the whole game or weren't watching from an objective viewpoint because if you were, you would have seen that Steelers put up their best front for four quarters and won by five and were outscored 19-0 in the second half (when it counts), while the Jets put up their best front for 2 quarters and nearly won the game, and had Ben not thrown 2 passes for 20 yards which im sure people are gonna say makes him an elite QB in the 4th quarter, Sanchez would have once again had the chance to win that game which I have no doubt he would have... Time management aside in the 4th quarter for a few minutes, he was absolutely unstoppable... and to the person that we had the conversation about Sanchez not being that great... I don't know what his numbers were yesterday, but whatever they were, add intangables, will, and poise to the numbers which wont show up because he did everything right in that fourth quarter and now hopefully you can see what was pretty obvious for most people that saw the Jets this year and last year... Come 4th quarter he is as good as it gets...

You can bet that although I am not confident in the Pack at all after seeing the Bears game and how poorly they played against a team that really wasn't all that good, I will be rooting my brains out for Rodgers and the Pack and I hope that I get it wrong and they beat the Steelers... Unfortunately, that great Packers defense that everyone talks so good about, let a third string quarterback have a field day on him, and I know the numbers say he threw two picks, but one of those picks was at the end when they needed to make a play desperately and he tried to force a ball in between defenders, but he was driving it in every single time... WHO the HELL is Haney? what has he played, five games in the NFL???? and he took it to the Packer defense? I hope they give a better display than that Bears game because Eagles aside they didn't face anyone in the playoffs and they will be completely caught off guard when they face the Steelers... Im hoping not, but I can easily see a blowout if they don't get their act right...

Last edited by anon1; 01-24-2011 at 08:14 AM..

Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 AM

anon - You can keep Sanchez in the 4th qtr.... its the other 3 qtrs he sucks at.

That is the funniest post I have read on here all day. He may be GREAT IN THE 4TH QTR, but the game has 4 total qtrs and it also has championships that need to be won. Ben has 2 possibly 3, Manning has 1 and Brady has 3... sanchez has............. the 4th qtr stats. You pick

Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
To all those saying where were the jets fans yesterday responding on this thread... watching the football game at night time genius...

Theres alot to say about they jets vs. steelers so im only going to say one thing about packers vs. bears... that was an ugly game and both teams were completely exposed... teams saw that just like I said Rodgers peaked against Atlanta and as you noticed I didn't that was a bad thing and that he would continue to play well in the playoffs but that was easily going to be his best game which is what peaked means... Also what this shows is how much stronger the AFC was than the NFC this year because whoever would have came out of the AFC Jets or Steelers would have or beat the Pack and I feel by at least a touchdown but to play it on the safe side I'll say a touchdown...

Regarding the Jets vs. Steelers game that first half of football was probably some of the worst football the Jets have ever played this season... I don't know what it is with them that they need to be in the second half or behind most games to play well but this is exactly what happened and I think it started with electing to give the ball to the Steelers instead of receive in the beginning... Any other time, I would agree with that call but when you're in a playoff game of so much meaning and you need to get off to a good start, kicking off to give your opponent first dibs is an idiotic move and we saw how they paid for it...

Second off, for those who recorded that game, watch how many disgusting calls went against the Jets from quarters one through three and especially the third quarter where they were starting to get on a roll, the "fake timeout" that nobody saw. "the flinch" on the Offensive lineman that im still rewinding trying to figure out when he moved, cause all I saw was when the Steeler guy jumped he pointed to the Jets lineman and refs assumed that Lineman jumped (great officiating guys)... and then to top it all the off the kickoff where they called a personal foul on a ball that went about 30 yards and supposedly wasn't touched to give the steelers the first down on the jEts 40... those were a few of them but there were more and you can bet that although the Jets wont say anything about it, real fans who observed the game, will be furious just like I was watching the game...

This isn't to say that it would have made a total difference in the outcome because Jets shot themselves in the foot so many times in the first half, but whose to say that if those calls weren't called, things would have gone differently...

Also, for those talking about the Sanchez 4th quarter reliability over Manning, Ben and Brady... WHERE ARE ALL YOU GUYS? Just like I said before, I will take Sanchez in the 4th quarter or in pressure situations (and lemme be clear about this) over anybody in the NFL. He raped Roethlisberger in 4th quarter performance yesterday... It was straight violation. It looked like a junior high school quarterback was playing against Elway... Roethlisberger was crap yesterday and Jets should have and could have won that game had they played anything resembling football in the first half... This is why no matter what is said in this thread, I take solace in knowing that had we played our best football against the Steelers best football we really could have won that game, and the second half proved what all the haters needed to see... For those saying where are the Jets fan and all those bandwagon fans have left, you obviously didn't see the whole game or weren't watching from an objective viewpoint because if you were, you would have seen that Steelers put up their best front for four quarters and won by five and were outscored 19-0 in the second half (when it counts), while the Jets put up their best front for 2 quarters and nearly won the game, and had Ben not thrown 2 passes for 20 yards which im sure people are gonna say this makes him an elite QB, Sanchez would have once again had the chance to win that game which I have no doubt he would have... Time management aside in the 4th quarter for a few minutes, he was absolutely unstoppable... and to the person that we had the conversation about Sanchez not being that great... I don't know what his numbers were yesterday, but whatever they were, add intangables, will, and poise to the numbers which wont show up because he did everything right in that fourth quarter and now hopefully you can see what was pretty obvious for most people that saw the Jets this year and last year... Come 4th quarter he is as good as it gets...

You can bet that although I am not confident in the Pack at all after seeing the Bears game and how poorly they played against a team that really wasn't all that good, I will be rooting my brains out for Rodgers and the Pack and I hope that I get it wrong and they beat the Steelers...
You feel any better?

Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,150 times
Quote:
Also, for those talking about the Sanchez 4th quarter reliability over Manning, Ben and Brady... WHERE ARE ALL YOU GUYS?
I am assuming this is directed at me. tbh with you, after having my heart ripped out in the early game, I could barely keep half an eye on the TV for the second game. I watched the Dark Knight on TNT with my wife as I licked my wounds.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Also, for those talking about the Sanchez 4th quarter reliability over Manning, Ben and Brady... WHERE ARE ALL YOU GUYS? Just like I said before, I will take Sanchez in the 4th quarter or in pressure situations (and lemme be clear about this) over anybody in the NFL.

Lets see....

Sanchez with a chance to win the AFC Championship in the 4TH QUARTER is 0-2

Brady has won 3 SB's and led the team to 4th wins in all 3 of them. Vs the Rams ( The greatest show on turf) in 01 , Madden said the Pats should take a knee and go into OT. Brady marches them down the field and the Pats win. He's done it vs the panthers and eagles as well. Oh and the Raiders too in the snow bowl.

I wouldnt even let Sanchez sniff Mannings jock so thats not even a topic of discussion as many 4th qtr comebacks as he has had.

No one in the world gives two hairs about 4th quarter stats if they dont produce wins. Sanchez has proven he can ride with your defense to the AFC championship game and lose. So I will give him that, he is consistent. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football