Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these teams are most likely to move to L.A.?
Bills 0 0%
Chargers 22 22.45%
49ers 2 2.04%
Jaguars 30 30.61%
Raiders 18 18.37%
Rams 6 6.12%
Vikings 20 20.41%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:37 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times

Advertisements

Pick up the Chargers and dump the Clippers.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
You forgot the Texans on that poll.

Texansfan loves to pay out the nose for that joke of a franchise that has no playoff appearances to show for it, so what do they miss if the Texans (the franchise that the NFL tried to force feed to LA) move over there?

Exactly. Buy out the stadium lease and get going.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:17 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,904 times
Whatever happens please don't let the Raiders move back down here, such good thing Davis wants to stay up North

Old 01-16-2011, 10:36 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
You forgot the Texans on that poll.

Texansfan loves to pay out the nose for that joke of a franchise that has no playoff appearances to show for it, so what do they miss if the Texans (the franchise that the NFL tried to force feed to LA) move over there?

Exactly. Buy out the stadium lease and get going.
This is ironic, seeing how those Houston Texans would have been an L.A. franchise, had the city worked out something on the stadium. But you've gotta be joking....

Old 01-17-2011, 06:41 AM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
The Carolina Panthers have a very ambivalent fan base and could lose the team and not even miss them. I wonder how Buffalo can even support a team.
New Jersey has two football teams, The Jets and The Giants( technically) who have to share a stadium. I'm not sure New York would want to be without a football team, (technically). And they already lost a baseball team to Los Angeles, The Brooklyn Dodgers which was never replaced. ( I had to take a shot at the lowly Mets)

Old 01-17-2011, 01:03 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
I would prefer for the Rams to move back, but with that being said, I think it may be the Vikings. Whatever team moves there I would hope they change their name, at least we could pretend it was a new team. I know whoever were to move there would do really well. A well marketed competitive team would do wonders. Just ask the Lakers and Dodgers.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:37 PM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Al Davis. Hmm, now I know there is one of those thingumajiggers here to remind me of old Uncle Al. Let me see...Um this? Naw!! This? Getting close. Whoops, found it!
Al Davis will be 82 this year. At some point, someone else will be making the decisions, if they are not already. The NFL will offer the Raiders enough incentives to move to LA that it would be stupid for them to pass up. Plus who wouldn't want to move out of the "Coliseum" into a state-of-the-art NFL stadium?

Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Al Davis will be 82 this year. At some point, someone else will be making the decisions, if they are not already. The NFL will offer the Raiders enough incentives to move to LA that it would be stupid for them to pass up. Plus who wouldn't want to move out of the "Coliseum" into a state-of-the-art NFL stadium?
Check the model of the renovated Coliseum a page or two back....

If that was built, ANYONE would want to play there.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:53 PM

Interesting article from a certain Californian city's website:

Anschutz agrees to finance LA football stadium - SignOnSanDiego.com

Old 01-21-2011, 02:27 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Just look at the proposal for the stadium near the Staples Cener. I think any of those teams would do very well and make there team so much more valuable if they just market and put a competive team on the field. They wont be as popular as the Lakers, but could do as well as the Dodgers. Those teams should be lining up for the chance for moving there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The NFL wants a team in L.A..... According to the media, there are 7 teams that are most likely to move there.

- Bills
The simple reason why: Buffalo's hard hit economy/sunken population and the NFL's want for non-American teams.
Possibility (IMO): To L.A., none. To Toronto... it's inevitable.

- Chargers
The simple reason why: Old Stadium
Possibility (IMO): If San Diego can't get something goin', move back....

- 49ers
The simple reason why: Old Stadium.... but I don't see the 49ers EVER moving anywhere. Besides, they have a stadium planed.
Possibility (IMO): Not a damn chance.

- Jaguars
The simple reason why: Low attendance/blackouts
Possibility (IMO): I doubt it. Personally, I think the media wants the Jaguars in L.A. before L.A. does.

- Raiders
The simple reason why: Old Stadium (Cali has three of the most outdated stadiums in the Leauge right now)
Possibility (IMO): I actually think this SHOULD happen as soon as possible. Plus, ya just don't know what Al Davis would do...

- Rams
The simple reason why: Apparently the stadium is outdated and the lease will end in 4 years.
Possibility (IMO): Why? St. Louis is nothing but loyal to this team. And there's not much wrong with the stadium.... it's not even 20 years old yet.

- Vikings
The simple reason why: Stadium lease (this year)
Possibility (IMO): With the expired lease AND this video below, I think the possibility of Minnesota losing ANOTHER team to L.A. is increasing day by day.... unless they actually get a new stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAyLX2hY7E0

And here are the stadium proposals, the first three in downtown and the last in City of Industry.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football