Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 AM

666 posts, read 1,843,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
either he's to dumb to realize the consequences of his actions, or he doesn't care...i'm willing to bet he doesn't care.

like i said, the fans don't want to see their QB out enjoying the town after a huge loss...the fans don't care about "taking his mind off the loss", he's getting paid the big bucks to win.
There's nothing he can do about winning at this point. What should he have done that night? Some kind of publicly self-inflicted torture? What did all the Bears fans do after the game? None of them went out for dinner? Should Cutler have stayed home and cooked? Ordered Dominoes? I watched the game at a Chicago Bears bar and I can verify, people still drank and ate after the loss.

He had a private room at a restaurant to have dinner with friends. Big deal. I'd be much more concerned with his play on the field over him going to dinner.

Last edited by LeftCoastee; 01-25-2011 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:59 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Kind of reminds me of when so mnay accused J R Richards of fakig hs problems including many national sports announcers. I would bet half thsoe fans would sue if a doctor wasn't immediately call if they made the same claim on thier job.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:01 AM

623 posts, read 1,602,400 times
I don't really question whether he was hurt but I do question his attentivness to the game once he did not go back in. I played sports my whole life. When your on the bench you don't just stare off into space as if you have no interest or don't care. Actions speak louder than words. He may be hurt but his actions on the sideline left me to believe that he checked out of the game emotionally which can make your injury seem to hurt a lot more.

I believe he may have been able to continue playing but I don't think he was ready to continue in his head. Again just look at the sideline footage. If your No. 1 quarterback was hurt I would expect there to be much more frenzy around him. I don't expect to see him lumbering around the sidelines with a look of disinterest on his face.

He brought this on himself. Whether he is really hurt or not isn't going to please many people.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
There's nothing he can do about winning at this point. What should he have done that night? Some kind of publicly self-inflicted torture? What did all the Bears fans do after the game? None of them went out for dinner? Should cuter have stayed home and cooked? Ordered Dominoes? I watched the game at a Chicago Bears bar and I can verify, people still drank and ate after the loss.

He had a private room at a restaurant to have dinner with friends. Big deal. I'd be much more concerned with his play on the field over him going to dinner.
what should he have done?? hmmm, that's a no brainer...how about order in?? how about just going home and laying low with or without your girlfiend? how bout going home and figuring out what he's going to tell the fans, to ensure them that him and his team will be better next year?!?

and, don't give me any crap about asking what the bears fans should do...do they get paid millions to play a sport they love? absolutely not...so hell yeah, they're gonna go out and get hammered, they deserve that at the very least!

this has nothing to do with the injury, it has everything to do with respecting your city, and the fans of your team...

Old 01-25-2011, 10:13 AM

666 posts, read 1,843,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
what should he have done?? hmmm, that's a no brainer...how about order in?? how about just going home and laying low with or without your girlfiend? how bout going home and figuring out what he's going to tell the fans, to ensure them that him and his team will be better next year?!?

and, don't give me any crap about asking what the bears fans should do...do they get paid millions to play a sport they love? absolutely not...so hell yeah, they're gonna go out and get hammered, they deserve that at the very least!

this has nothing to do with the injury, it has everything to do with respecting your city, and the fans of your team...
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Out of all the things that there are to complain about Cutler, you choose to focus on him going to dinner? So what kind of take-out should he have ordered? Hopefully nothing with cheese in it because that clearly would have been disrespecting every Bears fan to ever have lived.

Give me a break.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Where did I ever say that?
In response to TXboomerangs post about Lovie saying he is hurt and you saying that it's Lovies job to protect Cutler and cover for him.....but the medical reports show a clear injury.

So, I'm assuming that you know about the actual medical reports and yet are still stating that Lovie is covering for Cutler????

Basically, what we have is a whole bunch of people screaming about Cutler either not being tough, quitting on his team or not showing the proper sideline ettiquette. Now the last of these I agree with.

However for the first two claims we now have actual medical reports showing a serious injury and the people that have made the claims about toughness and quitting have divided themselves into two distinct groups. Group 1 is the men that now admit he was hurt and perhaps still don't like his behavior. Group 2 are the boys that can't possibly admit they were wrong about Cutler and are desperately trying to invent scenarios and conspiricies rather than man up.

Wow. It must be nice to go through life making snap judgements and miraculously never being wrong about them.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:32 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Out of all the things that there are to complain about Cutler, you choose to focus on him going to dinner? So what kind of take-out should he have ordered? Hopefully nothing with cheese in it because that clearly would have been disrespecting every Bears fan to ever have lived.

Give me a break.

rediculous to you maybe, but to many fans, enjoying a night out after a huge loss gives a perception that it was just another day at work.

and look, the bears aren't my team...i don't have a dog in the fight, i just can't believe Cutler, with all the negative press he gets anyways, would do something like this to jeapordize his perception to the fans.

i see Cutler on the trading block by the end of the preseason...the bears aren't buying his stock anymore.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:34 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
He was ineffective and hurt. If I was the coach I'd have pulled him too.

To my eyes Jay has always seemed like a bit of a jerk, and when things don't go his way he sulks. I believe Lovie pulled him, and I also think Jay tuned out from the game at that point. He's a narcissist. For him the game was over.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
In response to TXboomerangs post about Lovie saying he is hurt and you saying that it's Lovies job to protect Cutler and cover for him.....but the medical reports show a clear injury.

So, I'm assuming that you know about the actual medical reports and yet are still stating that Lovie is covering for Cutler????

Basically, what we have is a whole bunch of people screaming about Cutler either not being tough, quitting on his team or not showing the proper sideline ettiquette. Now the last of these I agree with.

However for the first two claims we now have actual medical reports showing a serious injury and the people that have made the claims about toughness and quitting have divided themselves into two distinct groups. Group 1 is the men that now admit he was hurt and perhaps still don't like his behavior. Group 2 are the boys that can't possibly admit they were wrong about Cutler and are desperately trying to invent scenarios and conspiricies rather than man up.

Wow. It must be nice to go through life making snap judgements and miraculously never being wrong about them.

You have taken my post and made it into something it was not. You have perceived what I posted incorrectly.

I responded to this post:

"Anyone saying Cutler was not hurt enough to be out of the game is essentially calling Lovie Smith a liar. Smith said Cutler did not want to exit the game, but Smith made the call."

There is nothing in that post that mentions a medical report. The portion of this post I was responding to was the last sentence which states that Smith was responsible for pulling Cutler against his well.

I responded with:

"Lovie Smith also has a responsibility to use PR speak in these situations. I'm not saying he wasnt telling the truth but he could have easily lied as it is kind of his job to do so in that situation. Coaches have to engage in PR all the time that may consist of some non-truths."

All I was saying is that there is always the possibility that Cutler did say he no longer wanted to play and if that was the case, Lovie could have engaged in PR speak and covered with his QB.

Authority figures for big organizations like professional sports teams are trained in public relations speak and how to handle crisis' like this. I was merely suggesting that there is a possibility that could be happening in this situation. I never said anything about a medical report.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:54 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
People were too hard on him. The guy knows his limits, and even though he may have been standing, that doesn't mean he could have gone out there or if he did that he wouldn't really hurt himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football