Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:15 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,027,486 times

Advertisements

College football determines who plays in their National Title game by a computer algorithm. How can that be considered better than the pro game? The NFL playoffs are one of the best post seasons in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 AM

40,048 posts, read 34,696,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It's just not nearly as interesting or fun as the college game. I always feel I might as well be watching IBM vs. Xerox.

Discuss, rebut, or agree.
Funny...I feel exactly the opposite. At least the pros are pros, right out in the open. Most of the "kids" in college wouldn't be there (or couldn't get in, in the first place) if it wasn't for football. They're hardly amateurs any more. And the sheer number of bowl games makes the entire college season meaningless anyway. I mean, come on, could you really be proud if your school won the Chick-Fil-A Bowl?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,292,959 times
Quote:
It's just not nearly as interesting or fun as the college game. I always feel I might as well be watching IBM vs. Xerox.

I like the college game... I feel like the players are more tied to their team than they are in the pro's. The fans are more enthusiastic as well... You can't beat the atmosphere of a college game with 2 rival teams playing...

But then again I am trying to get more into watching the NFL. The players in the NFL are so much better, it isn't even funny. So it is odd for me to watch college, and then turn on the pro's and be like... whoa, what a play! Because I will say that every play.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 PM

4,064 posts, read 5,642,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
And the sheer number of bowl games makes the entire college season meaningless anyway. I mean, come on, could you really be proud if your school won the Chick-Fil-A Bowl?
The Chick-fil-a Bowl pays out over three million $. Its one of the better bowls. Bad example. Its been around since the sixties and is very prestigious. If your team makes it to that Bowl game they had an awfully good season. How could you not be proud of winning the Peach Bowl? I mean come on now.

The Chick-Fil-a Bowl has packed more fans into the Georgia Dome than the Falcons ever have. In fact its packed more fans into the Georgia dome than anything ever. And yes that includes the TWO Super Bowls that it hosted.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 02-08-2011 at 09:38 PM..

Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 AM

749 posts, read 2,445,757 times
Quote:

Totally agree, I like the odd formations and trick plays and actually throwing the ball downfield that college ball offers. The NFL is to much of setting up for 3rd and short situations. I can only take so much of the 5 yrd completions and then it's time to change the channel.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,027,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The Chick-fil-a Bowl pays out over three million $. Its one of the better bowls. Bad example. Its been around since the sixties and is very prestigious. If your team makes it to that Bowl game they had an awfully good season. How could you not be proud of winning the Peach Bowl? I mean come on now..

Any bowl outside of the National Championship is worthless.

Sports works one way, you play the regular season and then those that qualify compete for the title. In college football only two teams get that opportunity and everyone else is playing nothing more than an over-hyped scrimmage.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post

Sports works one way, you play the regular season and then those that qualify compete for the title. In college football only two teams get that opportunity and everyone else is playing nothing more than an over-hyped scrimmage.
Try telling that to Ohio St. fans, you'd think they won the Universe Championship after they beat Arky in the Sugar Bowl. They beat and pound their chests becuase now they're the only team that has 6 BCS Bowl victories, although none of them are NC's.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
Try telling that to Ohio St. fans, you'd think they won the Universe Championship after they beat Arky in the Sugar Bowl. They beat and pound their chests becuase now they're the only team that has 6 BCS Bowl victories, although none of them are NC's.
One of them is.

And we've already beat the dead horse of "worthless" bowl games. Bowl games are fun. That's it.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
One of them is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post

I take it you've never played in a bowl game. We've already beat the dead horse of "worthless" bowl games (mostly as it pertains to some of the "fans" not the players). Bowl games are fun. That's it.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
One of them is.

And we've already beat the dead horse of "worthless" bowl games. Bowl games are fun. That's it.
Yeah my bad, OSU did win one, and I totally agree, as far as I'm concerned bowl games are fun and I'll never complain there are too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football