Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times

Advertisements

What are everyone's thoughts on this game?

Personally, I think that for the second straight year, Cal will be picking their teeth out of Fulmer's dump.

I know Ainge has a broken pinky, but the kid has shown the c-o-jones to play through injuries before, and I don't think this one will affect him too much. Even if he can't make it or is ineffective, I have the utmost confidence in Jonathan "Straight Outta" Crompton to get the job done.

Cal fans frequently blame last year's blowout on, among other things, the fact that an inexperienced QB was making his first start in a hostile environment. While I agree that was a factor, anyone who saw the game saw the discernable speed difference between the two teams. While Tennessee lost a couple of their stud receivers to the NFL, the personnel on both teams hasn't changed THAT much from last year to this year, and I think Tennessee will once again prove to be superior in speed and athleticism.

Also, I don't see Cal's "homefield advantage" being much of an advantage. It isn't like they have their own version of Neyland. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Tennessee's small slab of fans created more noise and commotion than Cal's entire contingency.

My prediction: Tennessee 34, California 13.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 11:42 PM

468 posts, read 1,637,350 times
Cal is one of my most disliked teams, and I have to admit, I do love the Rocky Top. So I HOPE Tennessee wins.

But...if Cal's recieving crops can pull it together, it'll be a tough game. Last year's game was a joke, and it could turn into another if Cal literally fumbles it away. But then again, if DeSean Jackson gets the ball, watch out...

By the way, you're right. "Home Field" at Cal is nothing like home field at the SEC, Big 10 or Big 12.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:28 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Personally, I think that for the second straight year, Cal will be picking their teeth out of Fulmer's dump.
Wow. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here..

but that is just disturbing imagery. Seriously disturbing.

I'd love to see the Vols repeat last year's game, but I think it will be closer this year.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:18 PM

453 posts, read 2,101,116 times
cal has an explosive offense, has revenge on their mind, are playing at home, and tennessee's starting qb has a broken pinky. cal should win for those reasons, though i would love to see tennessee win.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:33 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
I'm rootin' for Tennessee!

Old 09-01-2007, 05:51 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
GO VOLS!!!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 01:31 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
Where did all the Vols fans go...???

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football