Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:49 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Why don't you people let the man have his day in court, and stop convicting the man based upon media reports!
based upon media reports? no. based upon the facts that his buddies rolled over on him? yes.

and now he's admitted it.....

Old 08-20-2007, 05:40 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,626,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Vick will never paly again in the NFL. Yesterdays reports say that his lawyers contacted prosecutors and asked for a plea deal. If he gets a plea bargain it does in fact admit his guilt. At which point Vick is no longer marketable for sponsors or the NFL. Legal analysts estimate the plea deal to lessen his time to one year instead of the 6 years that were predicted. The NFL will have no option, if they follow the new cunduct codes for players, but to ban Vick for life. Stick a fork in his *ss, he is done!
I've read or should I say tried to read the code of conduct . It seems to me that lifetime suspension is an option but not mandatory. Just remember that Roger Goodell is appointed commisioner by the NFL owners. The NFL owners are about making money. Michael Vick brings in money because people want to see him play. Ray Lewis plead guilty to the obstruction of justice in a double homicide case and he's still playing, Jamal Lewis went to prison for drug sales etc., etc., etc. I still feel that short of Vick getting a long term prison sentence he'll be back on the field within two years. As far as the poster that said he would fit right in, in Cincinnati. Your probably right except there not going to give up Carson Palmer even though he's not a thug!

Old 08-20-2007, 05:54 PM

536 posts, read 1,193,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
Although I hope that he'll get 5 years in jail, like some sources said he would, he probably won't.

HE SHOULD GO TO PRISON!!!WHAT A SICK PERSON!!!
i hope he does 5 years also, but im sure he will get 1 year and be out in about 6 months

Old 08-20-2007, 06:43 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkjetsfan74 View Post
i hope he does 5 years also, but im sure he will get 1 year and be out in about 6 months
Very true...

Old 08-20-2007, 08:54 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,458,599 times
I pray for Michael Vick daily and I hope everything works out for him.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:31 AM

319 posts, read 1,250,430 times
i'm SOOOO sick of hearing that this is a race issue. give me a f****ing break. he's a sick and pathetic human being. he should be put in a pit with a bunch of dogs and left to be torn to shreds - sorry, but he deserves worse than jail time. his past record just goes to show what a sleazebag he is.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:33 AM

319 posts, read 1,250,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Per the news just announced."Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

He has pled guilty. I wonder what kind of sentence he will get. The only way to hit these guys is in their pocketbooks.

Yeah right, apologize... you can't apologize to the dead, tortured dogs. He is not sorry, only sorry he got caught.
so right on...he's only sorry he got caught - what will he be in hot water for next? what a scumbag!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM

325 posts, read 1,077,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
this guy is done. he'll serve time if he pleas....and after he serves time, what self respecting NFL team would sign him?

i mean the guy drowned dogs by holding their heads in 5 gallon buckets of water. WORTHLESS PIECE OF GARBAGE. i seriously doubt we'll ever see him in the NFL again. the new commissioner is a tough guy.

good luck in the CFL in 2 or 3 years bud.
Who wouldnt? This man is the most exciting player in the league and he is lucky for that. He wont make the huge bucks but he will be ok. The mans natural talent is rare and a lot of people will take that chance. All he needs is one great Pro Bowl season and all of this will be forgotten. Ray Lewis was supposedly mixed up in a situation that resulted in someones murder and nothing happend to him. He continued to have a great career and no one ever talks about it. Jamal Lewis was in a bunch of crap and nothing ever happend to him. The TO circus is still on the road. Granted that isnt a criminal proceeding. Barry Bonds is a jack ass and the fans of SF love him.
The sports world is a what have you done for me lately business. So in that respect he will be ok. The team that takes that chance and believe me someone will is going to get a good QB a year or so from now. If he produces and takes someone to the SB the same hypocrits that are bashing him right now will be singing his praises in a few years. Its the nature of the sports fan. We are all fair weather friends.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:56 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_cate View Post
i'm SOOOO sick of hearing that this is a race issue. give me a f****ing break. he's a sick and pathetic human being. he should be put in a pit with a bunch of dogs and left to be torn to shreds - sorry, but he deserves worse than jail time. his past record just goes to show what a sleazebag he is.
....Well whether you like it or not, the media and half the country will call this a race issue because of the fact that a famous, black man is involved in this. This ALWAYS happens, and if you don't believe me, look at the people who supported/hated Barry Bonds this year....
There were people who said that the O.J. case was a race issue because a famous, black man was involved, who just so happened to be accused of killing two white people. And Kobe, another famous, black man-accused of raping a white woman-had his case viewed as a race issue, not as much as Vick or O.J.. Even that thing with T.O. and the Desparate Housewife skit on Monday Night Football was viewed as a race issue; that it was made to be an even bigger deal because he was a famous, black man.

Sorry, folks. This is America, and America will ALWAYS have race issues... even if it's not ment to be one.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:16 PM

536 posts, read 1,193,466 times
could you imagine if it was a famous white athlete (or former) killing 2 black ppl, omg there would be so much outrage race this race that yada yada yada, al sharpton would be all over the news. at least o.j was able to use the race thing as a cheasy defense. it worked so it will always be used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football