Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:53 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times

Advertisements

I've always liked Jay Cutler, you can page back on the Bears thread and I've been supportive of him and yes, I take him over Tebow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 06:05 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Cutler all the way.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Stafford or Tebow?

Newton or Terbow?

Brady or Tebow?

Rodgers or Tebow?

Luck or Tebow?

The Kid at the Local High School or Tebow?

Elway or Tebow?

C'mon. Enough of the obsession and the Tebow threads.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
I like Cutler. I was bummed to see him go. I was bummed to see Brandon Marshall go.

But here's reality... the Broncos beat the Bears this season and the Broncos will beat the Bears next time they play. Good luck to Cutler until he comes up against the Broncos. In time, I think Tebow will become more effective than Cutler. They both need a better O-line if they are to last many more seasons.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:23 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
As for me Cutler, the guy is tough and a winner...when he went down the Bears tanked...he stays healthy the Bears are in Detroit is out...Cutlers is getting better...added to the probowl again...he played through having a bad O line...sub par wide outs....the guys a warrior...Iam glad we got him....the trade was a steal for the Bears...
No offense but it's a ridiculous question. That's like asking what is a better car, a Ford Pinto or a Chevy Corvette.

Cutler is 100X the QB Tebow is.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:18 PM

No offense to Pull but that's a ridiculous response and a ridiculous comparison.

If y'all are going to talk about Pintos vs vettes, I'll move along and leave you to it.

With regards to playoff success for the Broncos, it goes Plummer > Tebow > Orton > Cutler.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:37 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
No offense to Pull but that's a ridiculous response and a ridiculous comparison.

If y'all are going to talk about Pintos vs vettes, I'll move along and leave you to it.

With regards to playoff success for the Broncos, it goes Plummer > Tebow > Orton > Cutler.
Have you watched Cutler lately? I would say he was a top 5 QB in the NFL before getting hurt this year, I'm talking about the Chicago Bears Cutler. There is no comparison between Tebow and Cutler, NONE.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Quote:
I like Cutler. I was bummed to see him go. I was bummed to see Brandon Marshall go.

But here's reality... the Broncos beat the Bears this season and the Broncos will beat the Bears next time they play. Good luck to Cutler until he comes up against the Broncos. In time, I think Tebow will become more effective than Cutler. They both need a better O-line if they are to last many more seasons.
The reality is that was the luckiest win by a team I have ever seen in 25 years of watching football. Yeah they won, but no objective person could watch that game, know the circumstances and say the broncos were a definitively better team. If the bears had a pro QB that games, it's a 21 point (ish, imo)loss for the broncos

Heck if it weren't for a remedial failure to understand the concept of a running clock by barber the broncos lose that game to a team without a pro level QB.

There is roughly a 0% chance tebow ever becomes a better passer than cutler. I'd be curious to know what you mean by "more effective?".

Old 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM

Oh, I'd like to welcome you dudes to ShouldaCouldaWoulda Island.

At least when Cutler was a Bronco, he didn't get sacked on his can every other play and throw an interception every 3rd down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
The reality is that was the luckiest win by a team I have ever seen in 25 years of watching football. Yeah they won, but no objective person could watch that game, know the circumstances and say the broncos were a definitively better team. If the bears had a pro QB that games, it's a 3 score loss for the broncos
Yeah, the Broncos lucked their way into the playoffs and they lucked their way into a wildcard game win. What did your Bears do this season? Oh, and you say a 3 score win? How many points did the Broncos let your bears score? 10 points? in my book, that's one and a half scores. They would have had to have beat the Broncos 34-13. Guess what? They did not.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-25-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 01-25-2012, 06:54 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Quote:
Oh, I'd like to welcome you dudes to ShouldaCouldaWoulda Island.

At least when Cutler was a Bronco, he didn't get sacked on his can every other play and throw an interception every 3rd down.
What is wrong with looking at circumstances that lead to a result? Do you really think looking at end results in black and white fashion is a proper way to analyze something?

Bears were a top 7ish offense this year before cutler got hurt. So I don't know what you're talking about. He also led them to an NFC title game the last time he was healthy all year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football