Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 10:46 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
first game vs miami too, should be an easy win
Or maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 06:20 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Quote:
first game vs miami too, should be an easy win

God the entire team looked terrible. Offensive line terrible, defensive line terrible. Revis got beat like half a dozen times. Gronk looked sluggish. Brady looked old. The one saving grace is edelman still looks good and ridley didnt fumble

Old 09-08-2014, 10:20 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Miami historically is a tough place for the Pats, and I was not surprised by the loss. Now if they end up losing to the Vikes, I'll start to get a wee concerned. Must contain Patterson and Peterson though.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:54 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:

God the entire team looked terrible. Offensive line terrible, defensive line terrible. Revis got beat like half a dozen times. Gronk looked sluggish. Brady looked old. The one saving grace is edelman still looks good and ridley didnt fumble
We're missing Mankins and Tommy Kelly BIG TIME. Those are now looking like bad cuts/trades.

Also, the big thing is, the second half adjustments were not there AT ALL. Normally the Pats morph and adapt based on what worked/didn't work in the first half, I saw nothing different in the the second half.

It's always a bad omen when the Pats *don't* start the second half with the offensive possession.

The AFC East will be difficult this year, but alas it's one game. I am though concerned about the Jets, that actually *looked* half way decent and basically all of our divisional opponents won - hopefully that shakes the cob-webs out.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:01 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post

I am though concerned about the Jets, that actually *looked* half way decent and basically all of our divisional opponents won - hopefully that shakes the cob-webs out.

I know right? Who would have thought the jets would look good. Not only that but we are literally in last place already

Old 09-08-2014, 02:34 PM

812 posts, read 736,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
We're missing Mankins and Tommy Kelly BIG TIME. Those are now looking like bad cuts/trades.

Also, the big thing is, the second half adjustments were not there AT ALL. Normally the Pats morph and adapt based on what worked/didn't work in the first half, I saw nothing different in the the second half.

It's always a bad omen when the Pats *don't* start the second half with the offensive possession.

The AFC East will be difficult this year, but alas it's one game. I am though concerned about the Jets, that actually *looked* half way decent and basically all of our divisional opponents won - hopefully that shakes the cob-webs out.

Tedy Bruschi said today that he actually thought they tried to adjust too much in the second half and the lack of consistency led to them getting gouged with the running game. Also they were making substitutions throughout the game at O-line which is a very bad idea, if there is one unit that needs consistency it's that one. Solder and Vollmer are supposed to be our two best lineman and they were getting embarrassed out there.

Brady and the receivers have a lot of work to do, even if the first half when they were winning the timing just seemed....off. I couldn't have expected much from him in the second half given how terrible the O-Line played, but the miss on the long ball to Edelman was as bad as I've ever seen from him.

For next week, have to play a heavy box on D and hope Revis can neutralize Patterson one on one. Also hope Aaron Dobson returns to give them a somewhat legitimate deep threat to respect. I would also like to see them activate James White and try some two back sets with him and Vereen.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:49 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
If your defensive line stinks it doesn't matter how good the secondary is.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:34 PM

It isn't even that they stink, the scheme they were using made no sense. Chandler Jones playing DE in a 3-4 scheme is downright stupid. I think Belichick got caught trying to be too smart for his own good in this game.

I also wonder why they didn't try more end arounds with Edelman in the second half, it worked well early and could have helped slow down the pass rush.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:31 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,742 times
I'm thinking the combo of the Pats getting rid of Mankins and the retirement of Scarnecchia is having an effect on the O-line's poor play this year. Lucky to be 2-1 so far this season, but they have to improve...........and quickly.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:57 PM

The O-Line has just been awful, they can't run, they can't throw...nothing.

Solder...formally the 17th overall pick in the draft has been getting tossed around like a rag doll.

Cannon...for some reason is being played at LG, even though he doesn't have the lateral speed to pull. He's pretty good at RT, maybe they should try swapping him and Solder, see if Solder can play Guard.

Connolly...He is what he is, and they should have known that for some time now. He is a backup quality Center/Guard at best.

Devey...He's been bad....but I really don't see a better option on the roster....Wendell? He is too small, that was shown in the AFC Championship last year.

Vollmer...Has played average at best, a guy that has a reputation as one of the best RTs in the game(and is being paid like it).

Brady, at 37, will not make it past mid-season if this continues. Belichick went a stretch of 3 or 4 years without drafting an O-Lineman and now it is biting him. Instead wasted high draft choices on guys like Tavon Wilson(2nd Round) and Jake Bequette(3rd Round). I think this can cause problems when the head coach is also the sole person in charge of personnel, they need a counterweight, like they had with Scott Pioli. Someone that will stand up and tell them that taking injury-plagued Ras-I Dowling with the #33 pick in the draft is not a smart move. Or that Tavon Wilson will likely be available to draft 2 or 3 rounds later. I won't say anything about Easley because he deserves a chance to prove himself...but am very skeptical about using a 1st round pick on a defensive lineman with two ACL tears in the last two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football