Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 03:18 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,997,783 times

Advertisements

Well, it's hard to feel bad for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 03:43 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,783,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Well, it's hard to feel bad for them.
I don't think anyone is saying people should feel bad for the Patriots. Did people feel bad when Seattle smacked Denver around and completely embarrassed them in the biggest game of the year last season? This is professional sports.

That's a nice assessment Fish Taco. On the other end, look at what a team like the Seahawks have done via the draft. They built the core of their top 10 defense through the draft over a few years. They grabbed guys like Richard Sherman, Walter Thurmond, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Bobby Wagner etc.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:50 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,355,210 times
MNFwas only the tip of the iceberg in the decline of a once proud Patriots team. Brady seems to be only a shell of his former years of greatness...maybe it time to hang them up before any more embarrassing games like Monday past. I only hope Brady does move around to different teams like Brett Favre did and make a fool out of himself.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:47 PM

812 posts, read 733,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
MNFwas only the tip of the iceberg in the decline of a once proud Patriots team. Brady seems to be only a shell of his former years of greatness...maybe it time to hang them up before any more embarrassing games like Monday past. I only hope Brady does move around to different teams like Brett Favre did and make a fool out of himself.

Oh please, Brady is making a fool of himself? Name a QB in the NFL that you could put on this team and have better results. The thought of Manning trying to survive behind this O-Line or Rodgers trying to squeeze throws to these WRs that can't separate to save their lives is laughable.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:25 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,092,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Oh please, Brady is making a fool of himself? Name a QB in the NFL that you could put on this team and have better results. The thought of Manning trying to survive behind this O-Line or Rodgers trying to squeeze throws to these WRs that can't separate to save their lives is laughable.
Thank you! I love it when people like to compare Brady to Manning or other QBs my question is usually that, who would these other QBs do with the little that Brady has. Brady has done more with less than any other QB out there. This year he has a poor O-line and barely anyone to throw the ball to, only a 60% at best Gronk and Julian Edleman. Plus the running game isn't much and defense can't get it together. It's hard to win games in this situation.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:41 PM

3,851 posts, read 4,035,763 times
Much better play by the O-line tonight....they all played quite determined on both sides of the ball. They ran it very well, and the D continues to get turnovers. The sky seems to not have fallen onto Foxboro. Guess we can all R-E-L-A-X for at least a week.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:04 PM

812 posts, read 733,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post

I am really loving this quote today....LOL.

I do stand by my earlier comments that the Pats drafting needs to improve...they played an inspired game last night, but Brady won't be here forever and the next QB, whether that be Jimmy G or somebody else will not likely be able to carry this team like he has over the years.

But enough of that rubbish....what a win! I hope they come out with that kind of energy and fire for every game from here on out! Stick with this O-Line combination and let them gel. Let Revis shadow the other team's number 1, and now that Browner is back, let him rough up the number 2 with Safety support deep. Keep pounding the rock and running play-action and this team will go far this year.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:48 PM

18,190 posts, read 25,744,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

I've said this before several times on the fb forum and will say it here. As long as Bill Belichick is coaching and Tom Brady is quarterbacking the Patriots are never out of the division picture
Over the last few years, I've said this several times on the this thread, and after last nights performance this sentence still goes. Reports of Brady's demise has been greatly exaggerated .

Old 10-07-2014, 10:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,875,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Over the last few years, I've said this several times on the this thread, and after last nights performance this sentence still goes. Reports of Brady's demise has been greatly exaggerated .

I agree 100%, there was no way the Pats was going to lose a nationally televised game in front of their fans after getting blown out the previous week. Bengals had no chance and it was evident in the first Pats offensive drive.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:10 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,527,005 times
Good game by the Pats. Seems like the AFC East is settling back into normalcy:

-Dolphins are consistently inconsistent
-Bills in a perpetual state of rebuilding
-Jets, well they stink
-Patriots will find a way to win with whatever tools they have to work with

Shocked at the lack of contribution by Wes Welker 2.0 (Amendola).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football