Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 05:40 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,618,819 times

Advertisements

I've watched the video clip of Gronk on Jimmy Kimmel, what a hoot that guy is, absolutely too funny! It is an awesome picture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 09:25 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
Just watched the replay and it was as enjoyable as when I watched it live. Man the Patriots offense was great in the 4th quarter. That catch by Edelman on the first touchdown drive was such a massive, massive play. The Patriots took a sack to knock them back 8 yards on first down. A second down 4 yard pass made it 3rd and 14. Brady steps up in the pocket and nails Julian for a solid 21 yard gain after he took a pretty big hit. That play right there could have swung the game.

Brady went:

1 - LaFell 4 yards
2 - Edelman 21 yards
3 - Vereen 9 yards (not including the late hit 15 yard penalty on Earl Thomas)
4 - Incomplete pass for LaFell
5 - Edelman 22 yards
6 - Incomplete pass to Edelman (Brady simply missed him as he was open in the end zone)
7 - Amendola 3 yards (Touchdown)
8 - Vereen 8 yards
9 - Vereen 4 yards
10 - Edelman 9 yards
11 - Gronkowski 20 yards
12 - Vereen 0 yards
13 - Gronkowski 12 yards
14 - LaFell 6 yards
15 - Edelman 6 yards

13 for 15 - 124 yards - 2 TD - 0 INT

The Patriots converted on 2 key 3rd downs during the 4th quarter. Apart from the sack on the first play of the first drive, the offensive line did a great job giving Brady time and space to pick apart the Seattle defense.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:04 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Parade in the house!!! OH YEAH!!! .....not there live but watching on TV

Old 02-04-2015, 10:37 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

The Patriots converted on 2 key 3rd downs during the 4th quarter. Apart from the sack on the first play of the first drive, the offensive line did a great job giving Brady time and space to pick apart the Seattle defense.

Stork being back and the O line holding up was gigantic in this game. The quick passing system helped a ton, of course.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:11 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,225,333 times
The haters are still bashing with Haley from the Niner's glory days talking smack about Brady. Come on MAN! Accept the fact that Brady is one of the best QB's of all time and has some class, unlike the haters.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
The haters are still bashing with Haley from the Niner's glory days talking smack about Brady. Come on MAN! Accept the fact that Brady is one of the best QB's of all time and has some class, unlike the haters.
There is nothing the Pats or we can do to stop the haters. They will never stop. They are just plain jealous. We just have to accept it and know we are the champions.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:44 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Kearse caught that magical catch- butler was on him,,,he stated he felt it was him that let the team down because Kearse caught the ball- so the pressure of the world is on him

now I think butler a rookie- was "in" because Arrington got burnt a couple times??

but this is my point,,,
after the huge and amazing catch by Kearse- the pats did not pull butler
and butler took one hell of a chance going for the catch and not batting the ball away- because if butler didn't catch it the receiver would have easily scored- butler took one hell of a risk doing this, they must have seen the exact same play on film - he executed this perfectly,,, the receiver didn't even know he was there

also,,at this moment,,,, at this second (s) belichick...didn't call any time outs,,,millions were screaming at there TV's to call a time out and he didn't ...he let this one play go ,,,,

that was a huge risk...

I liked tom bradys reaction,,,, here is THE tom brady one of the greatest if not THE greatest,,,and he's hopping around , like a young kid- you gotta love this

he plays every game like he is just so fortunate to be playing - what a great attitude

and here's a guy,,,who has more money than god,,, has a supermodel wife..... how bad can a bad day be?? coming home to this??

im so glad the pats won, for all there success,,, all the nose-pickers and leg humpers take pop shots at them at every turn..

Old 02-05-2015, 04:49 PM

6,572 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Quote:
Haley is a VERY sick individual. I will not put down his locker-room exploits on CD, but people are free to Google him & his actions.....Brady/Belichick can ignore the likes of this guy with ease.

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 02-05-2015 at 05:02 PM..

Old 02-05-2015, 05:01 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Getting this framed:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
There is nothing the Pats or we can do to stop the haters. They will never stop. They are just plain jealous. We just have to accept it and know we are the champions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Haley is a VERY sick individual. I will not put down his locker-room exploits on CD, but people are free to Google him & his actions.....
I heard what he said today in the car on SiriusXM NFL - I give up. Those who hate will do so, period. I have no problem him saying Montana, but to throw in the rubbish was just, whatever.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:14 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
Kearse caught that magical catch- butler was on him,,,he stated he felt it was him that let the team down because Kearse caught the ball- so the pressure of the world is on him

now I think butler a rookie- was "in" because Arrington got burnt a couple times??

but this is my point,,,
after the huge and amazing catch by Kearse- the pats did not pull butler
Why would they pull him? He did exactly what he was supposed to do on the play - he broke up the pass. That it popped straight up, and then landed on and bounced off the receivers thighs and right into the air above the astonished receiver, wasn't Butler's fault - it was just a fluke.

Quote:
and butler took one hell of a chance going for the catch and not batting the ball away- because if butler didn't catch it the receiver would have easily scored- butler took one hell of a risk doing this, they must have seen the exact same play on film - he executed this perfectly,,, the receiver didn't even know he was there
Risk? Not at all.

If Butler had played the play safe and not gone for the ball and made sure he tackled the receiver, that would have left the Seahawks with 3rd and goal from the 1 with about 20 seconds left after they burned their last timeout, thereby assuring they could run two more plays (assuming the first would be another pass, this time into the end zone in order to assure another play after that if they didn't score). In that case, the odds are probably somewhere around 75% that the Seahawks score on one of the two plays and win the game.

Playing it safe for that play would not have been playing it safe for the game. Essentially, passing up a good shot at an interception (all but clinching a Patriots win) in order to guarantee holding the receiver at the 1 (likely resulting in a Seahawks touchdown on one of the two subsequent plays) would have been foolish in the extreme.

Butler made a fantastic read and executed the play perfectly. But it wasn't a risk - it was a no-brainer with very little downside and considerable.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Patriots side note:

Has any other quarterback in NFL history had a winning record as a starter for 13 consecutive seasons?

Tom Brady has had a winning record every year he was the full-time starter, from his 14 starts in 2001 to his 16 starts from 2002-2006 and 2008-2014. He did not start a game in his rookie season of 2000. (Technically, his winning-seasons streak is 14 seasons, but I'm not counting his 1-0 record from 2008 when he left the first game of the season in the first quarter.)

I looked up Joe Montana, Roger Staubach and Terry Bradshaw, the only quarterbacks I could think of who might have challenged the mark.

Montana had winning records in ten consecutive seasons as a full-time starter over the last eleven seasons of his career (he started no games in 1992 due to injury).

Staubach was 8-0 in seasons as a full-time starting quarterback. He also had winning records in two more seasons in which he only started one and three games, respectively. I would guess Staubach has the longest stretch of consecutive winning seasons by a starting quarterback who retired without ever having a losing or even a .500 season.

I checked Bradshaw, too - no dice. He had 12 consecutive non-losing seasons starting, but one season he went .500, another season he only started half the games, and his last season he was only 1-0.

It's a damn impressive achievement by Brady, and if he retires without ever posting a losing season as a starter (and right now I'd say the odds of him doing just that are very good) it will be quite an addition to his legacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football