Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 04:36 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Not happening. Too many injuries. I think Carolina has a better chance - with a patchwork O line and pretty much all of Brady's weapons sidelined, Brady can't do it alone. You saw how they struggled to get 20 points. Thankfully our D is playing championship quality, but with Collin still out for who knows how long, the D is an injury away from problems.

I hope we can at least beat Denver. I would get us so much closer to a 1st round bye and potentially home throughout. Then we can rest, lose a few games, and try to get healthy for the playoffs.

The Super Bowl means something, 16-0 does not. And as a Pats fan I can say that with conviction.
I do have to agree,,,

we had a powerful offense,,,,with lewis, eddleman, amendola, gronk, lafell, and blount

but I agree if we can get the first round bye....let the team rest up..
and hopefully eddlemen will be back with some others,,,,
we need an o-line too

you got to hand it to brady ,,,he hung in there,,,took some big hits,,,but still led the team

I loved the REX RYAN cadence
I think brady and bb tipped their hat to rex ryan,,,because he is so enthralled with brady and pats)

when he goes to Denver,,,brady should use peyton manning! peyton manning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 04:47 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I do have to agree,,,

we had a powerful offense,,,,with lewis, eddleman, amendola, gronk, lafell, and blount

but I agree if we can get the first round bye....let the team rest up..
and hopefully eddlemen will be back with some others,,,,
we need an o-line too

you got to hand it to brady ,,,he hung in there,,,took some big hits,,,but still led the team

I loved the REX RYAN cadence
I think brady and bb tipped their hat to rex ryan,,,because he is so enthralled with brady and pats)

when he goes to Denver,,,brady should use peyton manning! peyton manning!
What I was so impressed with Brady last night was his poise and professionalism. Yes, there was that time on camera he was looking pretty heated - but to me it looked like he was motivating and teaching, not berating. On the other hand you had Rex right before halftime after giving up the TD - he looked like a bratty little kid b*tching and moaning up and down the sideline.

It's such a domino effect losing so many offensive weapons. With all of Brady's targets missing, it's quite easy for any opposing defense to concentrate on the two best weapons left - Gronk and Blount. Teams will let the rookies and unknowns beat them. It was so hard to cover the Pats offense when they were healthy - they were scooting all over the field.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:48 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
So its official, no Amendola tomorrow night...

This should be interesting to see what McDaniels has cooked up, imagine it will have to lean towards 3 TE sets and Blount with heavy emphasis on pounding the ball....Denver is 8th against the run, 1st against the pass, running the ball may be the better option regardless of WR health

Don't have the personnel to go 5 wide as they did against the Bills early this season

I still see the Pats winning this game...

Pats defense has not gotten nearly the respect they should number 1 scoring defense....

I see the match ups of Defense essentially a wash...

Denver's Oline has been leaky all season also a wash...

WR's edge Denver

TE edge NE

Running games a wash, neither team runs the ball particularly well, for the Pats though more by design and I think the Pats will be able to run more effectively, Pats run defense is also better than Broncos

QB huge edge NE

Coaching huge edge NE...

I still see the Pats winning this game 20-13

Old 11-28-2015, 05:00 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
So its official, no Amendola tomorrow night...

This should be interesting to see what McDaniels has cooked up, imagine it will have to lean towards 3 TE sets and Blount with heavy emphasis on pounding the ball....Denver is 8th against the run, 1st against the pass, running the ball may be the better option regardless of WR health

Don't have the personnel to go 5 wide as they did against the Bills early this season

I still see the Pats winning this game...

Pats defense has not gotten nearly the respect they should number 1 scoring defense....

I see the match ups of Defense essentially a wash...

Denver's Oline has been leaky all season also a wash...

WR's edge Denver

TE edge NE

Running games a wash, neither team runs the ball particularly well, for the Pats though more by design and I think the Pats will be able to run more effectively, Pats run defense is also better than Broncos

QB huge edge NE

Coaching huge edge NE...

I still see the Pats winning this game 20-13
Can't really disagree with your assessments.

The Pats defense is not getting the respect it deserves, regardless of the numbers and defensive % standings. We are notorious for allowing other teams to chew up yardage between the 20's. We're actually doing a better job of limiting other teams offenses than I've seen in a while.

Even though Butler had a meh game against Buffalo, his effort is so obvious, and for a rookie he is quickly (and rightfully so) getting national recognition for being or becoming very fastly a shut down corner as Revis is (or maybe was) thought of. Not comparing the two, but you get my drift.

Ware being out is huge for our banged up offense. And the Pats are also pretty good rattling the cages of opponents rookie QB's. Brock brings game, but the Pats D is tough and confusing.

So which D wins more, Denver or the Pats? Honestly right now my choice is still up in the air. Of course leaning Patriots, but also trying to be realistic at the possibility of not winning, and the legitimate Why's.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:15 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
Patriots at Texans has been flexed to Sunday Night Football. The games replaces the Seahawks at Ravens.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:04 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Officials made sure the Pats lose....

BS hold on Chung gives them the score....

Much more obvious hold by TAlib in OT no call...

Not to mention low hit on Gronk to take him out....

Old 11-29-2015, 10:07 PM

373 posts, read 367,844 times
Quote:

IMO, Taunting could of and should of been called on Branch instead of the holding.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:08 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:

I disagree with all of this.

Chung or not, the Broncos were scoring.

Talib got well punished for his idiocy.

Gronk got hurt. It was an accident. Nobody took anybody out. That's an awful accusation.

I assume the true Patriots' fans in here would concede a good game against my Denver Broncos.

Good Night Now!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-06-2015 at 11:49 AM..

Old 11-29-2015, 10:08 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
The bounces went Denver's way tonight, loss of the game doesn't bother me too much.....possible loss of Gronk for the season sure does though.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:45 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
Hearing Gronk's injury may not be as serious as it looked.......let's hope that is indeed the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football