Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 11:26 PM

17,944 posts, read 27,373,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Pats deserve to go to Denver and look pretty hard to beat. Denver is going to have to play their best game for four quarters.
You've counted your chickens before they've hatched.

The Broncos have won nothing as of yet.

If the Broncos lose tomorrow, the Patriots have a home game against the Steelers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Looking forward to hosting the Steelers next week...

Oh how fun. See ya tomorrow. Be careful what you wish for...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 06:39 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,949,534 times
In what universe? Likely that the Pats will travel to Denver where they will need their lucky rabbit's foot.

Brady is a truly a great quarterback. May be their year in Denver?

We will get a better idea of just what kind of team Denver is....in roughly 5 1/2 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
"Slightly better" team?

Whatever dude...

Looking forward to hosting the Steelers next week...

Old 01-17-2016, 07:52 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,262,162 times
Quote:
In what universe? Likely that the Pats will travel to Denver where they will need their lucky rabbit's foot.

We will get a better idea of just what kind of team Denver is....in roughly 5 1/2 hours.
Even with Peyton being more of a game manager (I really hate that term) due to his inability to launch the ball like he used to, the Steelers IMo are just too banged up and missing too many key weapons. Denver also won't forget the Steelers coming back to win earlier in the season. I think we are going to see Brady/Manning one more time.

The Patriots are 0-2 at Denver in post season, so losing the #1 seed to them could come back to haunt the Pats. But, the mission is still on, and maybe this is the year Brady gets past Denver at Denver (unless we host the Steelers instead by some mild surprise).

Old 01-17-2016, 10:30 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,201,288 times
Quote:

"If" the donkeys can actually beat Pitt they will be the ones needing "luck" to beat the Pats especially if Peyton "one and done" Manning is still at QB

Broncos were lucky to beat the Pats last game without Edelman and for much of the game Gronk....with those two and Hightower back on D Pats will carve up the Donkeys

Old 01-17-2016, 11:57 AM

639 posts, read 577,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Brady going to his 10th AFC Championship Game in 15 years.

What Pats fan isn't just loving this. Without a shadow of a doubt this is the greatest NFL dynasty of all-time, because getting to that many AFC (or NFC) Championship games is insane. I just love being a Patriots fan.

One down, two to go.
Also doing it in the time of the salary cap, Insane.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:03 PM

639 posts, read 577,075 times
Quote:
Even with Peyton being more of a game manager (I really hate that term) due to his inability to launch the ball like he used to, the Steelers IMo are just too banged up and missing too many key weapons. Denver also won't forget the Steelers coming back to win earlier in the season. I think we are going to see Brady/Manning one more time.

The Patriots are 0-2 at Denver in post season, so losing the #1 seed to them could come back to haunt the Pats. But, the mission is still on, and maybe this is the year Brady gets past Denver at Denver (unless we host the Steelers instead by some mild surprise).
I agree, Steelers are pretty well beat up unfortunately. Pat's f-d it up by not beating either eagles,jets or dolphins. They made it much harder on themselves.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Also doing it in the time of the salary cap, Insane.
IMHO, this is what makes this dynasty the greatest in NFL history, bar none. I could care less about Montana's 4-0 in Super Bowls. We'll never be able to compare to Brady because Brady got to 6, and not just 4. And Brady has led a team that doesn't really have a bonafide running game, nor other than Moss has he ever had a legitimate #1 tall deep threat to play with.

And for those who say the Pats wins were because of defense, haha. The offense is generally towards the top of the league every year, thus that argument is null and void.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:11 PM

1,069 posts, read 708,731 times
Quote:
IMHO, this is what makes this dynasty the greatest in NFL history, bar none. I could care less about Montana's 4-0 in Super Bowls. We'll never be able to compare to Brady because Brady got to 6, and not just 4. And Brady has led a team that doesn't really have a bonafide running game, nor other than Moss has he ever had a legitimate #1 tall deep threat to play with.

And for those who say the Pats wins were because of defense, haha. The offense is generally towards the top of the league every year, thus that argument is null and void.
I am not a Pats fan, but agree that Brady is the best ever....often said I have never seen a QB do so much with so little....Now, to say Montana can't COMPARE with Brady, that may be a bit harsh

Old 01-17-2016, 05:41 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,201,288 times
So off to Denver....

Donkeys were lucky to get by Pitt I like our chances Denver has no offense and Peyton looked terrible

Old 01-17-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
I am not a Pats fan, but agree that Brady is the best ever....often said I have never seen a QB do so much with so little....Now, to say Montana can't COMPARE with Brady, that may be a bit harsh
Not saying the two can't be compared, but we'll never know if Joe would have gone 6-0, 5-1, 4-2 in SB's because he never went to that many. So if that's an important stat, # of SUper Bowl appearances, Brady gets the nod there. And then coupling that with free agency gives Brady some more leverage in the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football