Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 07:15 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times

Advertisements

Thank you for picking Favre off as well. Made a good day a little bit better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 09:14 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Hey Packers nut, what are you doing being an unloyal fan? I thought a person could only root for one team or otherwise they aren't loyal according to you. Seems you've found a way to root for more than one team.

Anyway, lets get the count straight. Its 2 straight, unless you decide to NOT COUNT THE ONLY GAMES THAT MATTER. Pats fans I guess are still in denial that Eli Manning b*tch slapped their "perfect" season dreams.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:10 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Default Unofficial Official "Pats" thread

I see all the other teams with their threads going on, and now that I am over the intial dismay of losing the best QB to ever play the game (I don't have to tell you who), I'll start my own. 12-4 is still an obtainable record for this team, they have the NFC West this year for crying out loud! The Pats' D is starting to show it's age, but there is a sprinkling of young players making their way in. If Matt throws it up to Moss at least twice a game, and the running game remains solid, it could be interesting. In Bill I trust, and the Pats will make a run this year, even without the best QB to ever wear the NFL shield. Thats right................I said it!

Old 10-06-2008, 01:29 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
I didn't know john elway was on the patriots. I absolutely hate the patriots, but I hate tom brady more. I would like to see them do well this year, to prove that brady is more of a system QB. if a college WR can lead them to 12-4, that states to me that brady is average.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:40 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,270 times
2-time Super Bowl MVP, League MVP and Season TD pass record holder - yeah, he's average. The fact is that Brady won 3 Superbowls with average talent around him on offense. If Brady had played on the Colts with the receivers that Manning had for those years, he'd be working on his second hand of superbowl rings.

That being said, I think 12-4 is a little lofty of a goal. I'd be happy with 10-6, maybe 11-5. That Dolphins game was a wake up call. Although, maybe they are better than expected after their win against the Chargers this weekend.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:27 PM

thanks for that unbiased review REDSOXFAN. you mean when he broke mannings record last year. yeah, didn't he have like 1500 pass attempts, and he also played more games in manning. manning sat out the games when they secured the playoff spot. the classless patriots put brady in just to break the records. they risked him getting hurt, so I guess his getting hurt this year is karma from last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
2-time Super Bowl MVP, League MVP and Season TD pass record holder - yeah, he's average. The fact is that Brady won 3 Superbowls with average talent around him on offense. If Brady had played on the Colts with the receivers that Manning had for those years, he'd be working on his second hand of superbowl rings.

That being said, I think 12-4 is a little lofty of a goal. I'd be happy with 10-6, maybe 11-5. That Dolphins game was a wake up call. Although, maybe they are better than expected after their win against the Chargers this weekend.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:38 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
thanks for that unbiased review REDSOXFAN. you mean when he broke mannings record last year. yeah, didn't he have like 1500 pass attempts, and he also played more games in manning. manning sat out the games when they secured the playoff spot. the classless patriots put brady in just to break the records. they risked him getting hurt, so I guess his getting hurt this year is karma from last year.
I disagree. You keep your QB in the games, especially when you have the best QB to ever adjust his cup. If you don't, one might lose their momentum, and lose the first game in the playoffs.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:53 PM

I think that brady has always had a good supporting cast. great o line and great defense. a great o line made mark rypien good for a few years. they kept him in there strictly to break the record. they ran up scores and threw non stop to get that record. his passer rating was still worse than mannings, and a manning beat him in the important game. like I said, if tony eason was still your quarterback, I wouldn't mind so much. this team just has a dark cloud of conspiracy over it and I think billicheck is a jerk. plus I hate their uniforms. the old ones were so much cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I disagree. You keep your QB in the games, especially when you have the best QB to ever adjust his cup. If you don't, one might lose their momentum, and lose the first game in the playoffs.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 AM

194 posts, read 408,205 times
Pats will be fine this year. They are transitioning to some younger players & by the end of the year will be in the mix. I think 11-5 is doable & if Matt Cassel continues to improve they may win a playoff game or two. I like the way he got more recievers into the action on Sunday. Still has alot of improving to do but we are lucky that it is still early in the season and are sitting 3-1.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:50 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
Obviously, I'm a Pats fan so I am biased but the fact that he was a 2-time Superbowl MVP (could've been 3-time but they gave it to Deion Branch) and a league MVP with the season TD record has nothing to do with bias - it's common knowledge.

How did Brady play more games than Manning? Last time I checked the season has been 16 games for a while! Manning started all 16 games. Brady had more passing attempts (578 to 497) but Manning had a solid running game in Edgerrin James (2000+ yards from scrimmage and didn't need to pass as much. I also seem to remember Manning "actively" going for Marino's record - meaning not sitting out too much (I could be wrong).

I understand you don't like the Pats and Belichek, blah, blah, blah. But you can't deny the fact that Brady will be one of the top 5 QBs of all time when he retires. It's too difficult to argue who's best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football