Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2018, 12:03 PM

796 posts, read 505,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I also think there is a lot that Indy is not telling anyone about Andrew Luck’s shoulder status. If Josh’s reason for backing out involved Luck’s status, I cannot blame him for that but he should have cut bait earlier in the process.
Agree....very negative look within league. It comes off as unprofessional and he had coaches who had to relocate their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 05:07 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
For all we know Bill could coach another 10 years.

As I hinted to earlier I was shocked a New England assistant was going to be the head coach of the Colts. So much bad blood still between those two teams. Colts also still appear to be a mess. Bad owner, don't know yet if the GM is any better, and no idea what Luck's situation is. I wouldn't be so sure it is all about McDaniels being the next HC for the Patriots. I think it's more McDaniels just didn't want to go to Indy after thinking about it more. I think Bill will be the HC of the Patriots at least as long as Brady is the QB. They might leave together when things are all said and done. But still I think you are talking another 3 years at minimum in that scenario.
I think you are closer to the mark here than most and this is more the take of the local Patriots insiders in New England.

Mike Reiss who is the absolute best and most level headed reporter covering the Pats has said there is no deal in place for McD to take over for BB and this was more of a case with McD having second thoughts and putting his family first by not uprooting them

Old 02-08-2018, 03:02 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The more I'm reading, Butler's issues are on Butler. The only mistake Belichick made was dressing Butler at all. When the defense failed miserably people saw Butler dressed on the sidelines and questioned why not play him. If the Pats defense hadn't sucked so bad this issue would have never come up. In hindsight, Butler blew it totally, and Belichick should have simply made him a healthy scratch. In Bill We Trust. Look at the history - anyone who questions that doesn't know history, or understands it.
metalmancpa- Do you still feel this way? I haven't really found anything that suggest Butler was benched for anything other than performance issues.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:51 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
metalmancpa- Do you still feel this way? I haven't really found anything that suggest Butler was benched for anything other than performance issues.
Not sure. I as many fall for the media trap. It could simply be that Belichick over-coached the Super Bowl. Maybe it was a flawed (in hindsight) football decision to shift things around. Maybe Foles and the Eagles outperformed what the Pats envisioned and rendered the game plan ineffective. Still wonder then if I'm right, where was halftime adjustments, meaning, healthy Butler on the bench so put him in. We'll never know most likely.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:46 PM

Sad that Amendola is leaving, and to an AFC rival no less.

No panic button, but this might be a big turning point in the downward direction for the Pats this offseason. Obviously I am premature in my comment as free agency starts tomorrow. But if Lewis and Solder can't be resigned, losing Butler & Patricia, Gronks off season ???, Edelman will be coming back from an injury at a football advanced age....these are the sort of things that smell like the end may be near for this particular run of excellence.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:05 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
Dion Lewis to the Titans......damn it man.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:46 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
This would be good......

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/3/14...-his-next-team

Old 03-14-2018, 09:31 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,013 times
While it is sad to see Dion Lewis and Dola leave, there is a salary cap to deal with and tough decisions have to be made. James White will need to step up as RB. If Edelman returns in form and the Pats get another WR (Jordy Nelson?) to go with Cooks and Gronk, the offense should be fine. The D needs a lot of work. Having Hightower back will help. Need to get some free agents and draft picks on the D.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:03 PM

And now Solder. But I don't think he was worth the price paid for him. Maybe there is something to the "wind" of some locker room discontent, or maybe it's simply players taking care of themselves and families by getting paid instead of taking discounts to be on the Patriots. If this keeps up though, I wonder if it will sour some players who would otherwise sign with the pats. We shall see.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:34 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
And now Solder. But I don't think he was worth the price paid for him. Maybe there is something to the "wind" of some locker room discontent, or maybe it's simply players taking care of themselves and families by getting paid instead of taking discounts to be on the Patriots. If this keeps up though, I wonder if it will sour some players who would otherwise sign with the pats. We shall see.
I really don't think these transactions have anything to do with "locker room discontent"

I also think any player that wants a shot at a SB ring will still want to sign with the Pats.

Nothing really shocking about any of the players who left....all were free agents and all are receiving "above market deals" something the Pats just don't normally do...

With the exception of the Gilmore signing last year Pats almost never get involved during these feeding frenzy days of free agency when "average" players get above average salaries.

I loved Dion but his injury history will likely come back to bite him, he is undersized and takes a beating between the tackles.

Dola was a personal favorite but he is 32 and this was his last chance for a big pay day.

Edelman coming back gives us everything Dola did and much more...for all the "Playoff Danny" tributes which are true, NO receiver has been more clutch in the playoffs for the Pats than Edelman.

Close to 1/3 of the team turns over every year, none of what we are seeing is unusual for the Pats...

The biggest loss was Solder who had a nice bounce back year but to be honest hadn't played well for the past 2-3 seasons and was way overpaid due to Supply/Demand....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football