Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2007, 10:34 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times

Advertisements

The Eagles are the next whipping boy. As of thursday I heard McNab was 50/50 on playing.Andy Reid has his own set of problems and I feel bad for him on a personal note. I cannot imagine functioning with the family problems and the media scrutiny facing him. Still, this one might get ugly. I think the Eagles will keep it close in the first half. But in the 4th quarter all hell breaks loose. Patriots 37, Eagles 16.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 07:13 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
[quote=ogre;2051723]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Or maybe this is the game that Brady gets injured on a viscous late hit dealt by a furious defensive end that is pissed that Bellicheat is running up the score again? Who knows. [quote, tnbound2day]

There have been some good reasons given here in defense of running up the score. Here's another reason: You're talking about the team that blew a 21-3 lead in the AFC title game just last year, and went on to lose the game. They were on the negative side of the largest comeback ever in a conference title game. Just last year. Maybe, just maybe, this team can be forgiven for viewing no lead as safe.
Personally, I don't care if they try to win 100-0. And I do agree they probably have a different viewpoint of when is a lead safe by failing to win a game they were firmly in control of 21-3. But that was a first half lead that they blew. Being up 38-0 with 7 minutes to go is a bit more of a stretch to say the were trying to build a safer lead.

Once again, fine with me if they score all they want. But being up 38-0 with 7 minutes and having your star quarterback on the field passing the ball is asking for it. If Brady were to get leveled in such a situation and put out for the season by injury, wtf would that look like? Bellichek has a perfectly fine running game to wear out the clock with and keep his stars out of unnecessary danger. He chose not to do that and I feel it was stupid. Should he do it again, I will think its stupid again. I really don't care about the score, I just think Bellichek is being arrogant in situations like that and that they risk/reward ratio might bite him in the a**.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:31 AM

262 posts, read 300,044 times
wow i gotaa give the eagles some credit they played really good.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:53 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,760,333 times
That was one heck of a lot better than I thought it would be! Feeley shouldered all of the blame of losing the game for throwing that horrible interception. He should take credit for giving the Pats one heck of game.
X-Greensboro, what a screwy year: Giving the Cowboys respect, now rooting for the Eagles! Go figure.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
I think McNabb getting hurt could be the best thing to happen to the Eagles. Feely played great and almost led them to victory in a game they were 24 point underdogs. The Patriots looked very beatable last night.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:56 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
McNabb has never been quite the same since his knee surgery. I think his best days are behind him. It's time for the Eagles to start thinking about Donovan's successor. I wasn't surprised that the Eagles played the Patriots as tough as they did. Losing the Super Bowl a few years ago to the Patriots provided the Eagles with some much needed incentive. Twas a good game!

blessings...Franco

Old 11-26-2007, 07:56 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
They did look very beatable last night, but I will give credit where credit is due. Great teams find a way to win. And the Patriots are a great team. Speaking of credit, give credit to A.J. Also give credit to Andy Reid for taking it to the Pats.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 AM

786 posts, read 1,176,422 times
I think it was a good wake-up call for the Patriots. They looked VERY one-dimensional last night. Like, they all but announced they were basically dispensing with the running game except in limited situations... 4-WR set... "we don't think anyone can stop the combo of Moss-Stallworth-Welker-Gaffney even if you know that's what we're going to throw at you every time." The Patriots really missed a credible running game and the result was the passing game became that much more troublesome. I know Corey Dillon has announced he would be willing to come back if called, and he has been training out in CA since mid-October.

Feeley did a respectable job as QB, too, as did Andy Reid.

Just goes to show, on any given Sunday... And in spite of the fact that teams like the Pats may look like they're head-and-shoulders above everyone else, in reality, all these athletes are elite athletes, and those seemingly big differences are really small variations in level of eliteness. And no team can come into a game thinking they're unbeatable, regardless of who the opponent is.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Message to all the other 31 teams in the NFL: YOU CAN BEAT THE PATS!
The Cowboys and the Colts gave them a game and both teams lost a combine total of only 3 games this season. Phily gave 'em a game last night and they're 5-6. Anyone can beat the Patriots.... the problem is, since the Pats run up the score, they've got into everyone's heads. If the other teams can get the mentality that the Eagles had last night, New England won't have a perfect season.

BTW, I personally believe the Pats WILL lose before season's end.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 PM

262 posts, read 300,044 times
Quote:
Message to all the other 31 teams in the NFL: YOU CAN BEAT THE PATS!
The Cowboys and the Colts gave them a game and both teams lost a combine total of only 3 games this season. Phily gave 'em a game last night and they're 5-6. Anyone can beat the Patriots.... the problem is, since the Pats run up the score, they've got into everyone's heads. If the other teams can get the mentality that the Eagles had last night, New England won't have a perfect season.

BTW, I personally believe the Pats WILL lose before season's end.
I get what your saying but i dont think any one is gonna beat them and by the way i think the pats beat cowboys by like 25 points
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football